Photo

Starting Accutane (80 Mgs) In A Month, Need Support! Questions Too!

accutane oily skin large pores acne initial breakout ipledge

2 replies to this topic

#1 TheSavyBanana

TheSavyBanana

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me
  • Interests:Singing, hiking, art, music, piano, feminism, blogging, veganism, loving my pets, learning to love myself and be happy :)

Achievements

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hello everyone! I will start taking 80 mgs of Accutane per day in a month, and I am terrified and excited at the same time! I can't wait to get rid of this disgusting, oily skin. However, I am terrified of an IB!! So any support and/or advice is greatly appreciated. My skin is soooo gross and embarrassing that I don't know if I can wait to start! (Well, I guess I can survive the wait). I just have a few quick questions. First, is it true that you have to take your second pregnancy test the first five days of your period? Also, this is kind of embarrassing, but will Accutane effect sex?

All I can do is hope for the best from my treatment. I would love to hear about your experience on Accutane. Thanks!

You! Yes, you. The one reading this. You are beautiful, talented, amazing and simply the best at being you. Never forget that.

You don't have to be pretty. You don't owe prettiness to anyone. Not to you boyfriend/spouse/partner. Not to your coworkers, especially not to random men on the street. You don't owe it to your mother, you don't owe it to your children, you don't owe it to civilization in general. Prettiness is not a rent you pay for occupying a space marked "female."

Plea to the world: Eat less meat! Or better yet, don't eat it at all! The meat industry violates basic animal rights, it's destroying our planet, and there are so many health benefits you can gain by decreasing/eliminating meat from your diet. Don't let me tell you- do your own research so you can decide for yourself. (The dairy and egg industries are just as horrendous).

I highly recommend watching the movie Earthlings. ^

#2 Nelo18

Nelo18

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

if ur acne acne is caused by super oily skin, i dont think u will get an IB, I didnt.

just took my blood test today to restart accutane

Edited by Nelo18, 12 March 2012 - 09:49 PM.

Claravis 40mg started 10/12/11
Stopped on 11/10/11 because of Liver Functioning and High Cholesterol.

Recontinued 3/16/12 - Finished 8/25/12

#3 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:56 AM

The pregnancy test varies; according to iPledge (https://www.ipledgep...tro%20Broch.pdf), you need a negative pregnancy test before starting (there's a mandatory 1 month waiting period), every month during treatment in an approved lab, and 1 month after treatment (again, in an approved lab).

Accutane can affect libido, and some users report developing erectile dysfunction. Being systemic and non-selective, it's possible for sex to become uncomfortable due to the skin becoming thin and tender. I haven't personally heard of this happening, however, and I doubt it's a common occurrence. Treatment would, I imagine, be regular moisturization (Vaseline is terrific) and liberal use of lubrication.

80mg is a pretty high dose. Be sure to moisturize lots, apply chapstick like there's no tomorrow, and be patient. Accutane takes time, but can perform the modern-day equivalent of a miracle.

Good luck with your course!

Edited by nomit, 13 March 2012 - 12:59 AM.

"Now I've done it. There's urine everywhere."

Just another loud-mouthed prevaricator. The Kardashians are real, relatable, educated, and hard-working.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users