cortisone hypertrophic

2 replies to this topic

#1 blue giraffe

blue giraffe

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

I had a cyst about a month ago and I picked at it too much. I regret it.

Now I have a scar. It is raised a little, but that doesn't really bother me. The discoloration bothers me. It is darker than the rest of my skin.

Will the discoloration go away on its own? If not, should I get a hydrocortisone shot?

Also, I have hydroquinone in my house. I've heard it works good for discoloration of flat skin, but would it work on a raised scar?

Any other tips?

#2 mrjarjarbinks77

mrjarjarbinks77

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2012 - 10:11 PM

I use differin. Maybe check a retin A. It takes time. Discoloration will pass. Get acne under control and use topicals sparingly. Understand, you need a diet that controls acne, notice what you react too. Also, limit stress or things like caffeine that hit the adrenal glands hard. The spark of stress hormones is not a good thing. Also, the elevation of blood sugar level may spike if you have shitty foods in your diet. Acne then happens. Other times, you do everything right and you end up with a cystic pimple. Have faith, get a grip, meditate, eat well, seek help, consider accutane if you have acne that leaves scars. After years of even regular blemishes, you are gonna get hurt, damaged skin or scars. Get it under control.

#3 LillyMay77

LillyMay77

LillyMay

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 March 2012 - 09:50 AM

My dermatologist told me that there is nothing topically that you can put on a dark mark to make it fade faster, it has to naturally fade on its own accord. Mine always do , it just takes a great deal of time. Be patient, that is all you can do. Slowly and surely the darkness will even to your skin tone. I have had so many of these spots, as almost every cyst or pimple leaves darkness behind, and they always went away. The only mark that i have received that has not, is a large red mark on the side of my nose where a cyst the size of a half dollar was. That red mark has been there over two years, I know it is permanent. It doesn't bother me, as I can cover it with makeup. As for the raised area it will flatten in time as well, but it also depends if the raised area is still inflammation or it is a scar. If it is a scar, it will stay, but not always. I have a hypertropic scar on my chin and over the course of four months it has reduced, doing nothing. Also I had scar tissue on my chin injected and in two months it completely flattened. I had a pimple on my nose that left a bump, but the bump flattened over the course of a month.

Edited by LillyMay77, 23 April 2012 - 06:48 PM.

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users