Photo

Acne Vrs Food (This Is A Survey Kind Of)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 Random Name

Random Name

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:22 PM

please anwser the following and ill tally the answers after a few have comented Posted Image

Is your acne not bad/mild/sevear?:
and do you think its a direct reasult of any of these things we put in our body? Answer yes or no for each or just list ones you think have effect

Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 0
Carbs: 0
Fiber: 0
Protein: 1
Sugars: 1
Dairy: 1

Out of: 1 person

Edited by Random Name, 15 February 2012 - 10:32 PM.

#2 marissa8161

marissa8161

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 7
About Me

Achievements

Posted 15 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

Previously moderate-severe, clear now with diet changes and Differin 0.3%.

Sugar
Dairy
Protein

#3 Random Name

Random Name

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:37 PM

thanks for answering...
not trying to change your anwser but please explain why protein effects acne

#4 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:57 AM

Dairy has the worst effect on me, seriously bad breakouts. Sugar gives me small breakouts, which are alright.

I cut out all dairy.

#5 DukeBlueDevils

DukeBlueDevils

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:19 AM

What you eat OR drink has nothing to do with your acne. For me it doesn't, at least.
December 21, 2012

#6 Random Name

Random Name

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

@ up
food is #1 cause of acne
what you put in your body does will effect you

#7 Random Name

Random Name

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

bumping Posted Image

#8 SamIman

SamIman

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 February 2012 - 10:56 PM

Food isn't the cause of acne, but it definitely affects it badly.

#9 FSAS

FSAS

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:09 AM

food never changed my acne, definitely will work for a lot of people but ive been follow the similar diet everyone else is the no sugar, dairy wheat etc etc I dont even go into what i've done and for how long - dairy being years. but yeah my acne is so hormonal and even my healthy lifestyle isnt changing my hormones and then inturn acne so im really bummed out about all that, had too much hope in food >.>

#10 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 February 2012 - 06:52 AM

Allergic Reaction is the only cause of Acne/Rash. The allergy that caused it is different. Titanium (NOT A FOOD) caused it for 1 on this board, Gluten for a few others, coffee, Dairy, Soybean, the list goes on & on. Just because Acne is not listed by either Dr's or other "health experts" as a type of Rash doesn't mean it is not 1.

Ps Dr's & "health experts" say there is no cure for Acid Reflux, well, after 17 years of having it it's COMPLETELY gone. Dr's don't look for causes/cures, they just pass out the pills.
"Genetics load the gun, environment pulls the trigger"

#11 thekingofmutts

thekingofmutts

Arab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:46 AM

For me it's what I drink really, so I'm going with sugar since I intake a lot of relentless and cherry coke (it's waaay too tasty to stop!)

#12 DaftFrost

DaftFrost

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:28 PM

If you think of it, look at the kids in Africa, or look at some asian countries.

You'll see that even if they don't get all the nutritients they need from food, they still seem to have clear skin.
Go to Japan or Korea, then look at highschool kids, you'll see that almost no TEENS have acne. WHY? Lot more healthier, organic based diet with less Sugar..

In the US, most of our meat is not organic, its grain fed with chemicals to boost meat growth.. As for our plants, some are sprayed with chemicals to prevent rotting. Then theres our bread and junk food, most are refined and spike our hormones fast.

We also tend to eat till we are completely full or can't eat anymore. That is infact bad for digestion, it is said that you are suppose to stop eating when you are 80% full to allow much more better digestion and for better health.

#13 collegeboy84

collegeboy84

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

please anwser the following and ill tally the answers after a few have comented Posted Image

Is your acne not bad/mild/sevear?:
and do you think its a direct reasult of any of these things we put in our body? Answer yes or no for each or just list ones you think have effect

Fat: 0
Cholesterol: 0
Sodium: 0
Carbs: 0
Fiber: 0
Protein: 1
Sugars: 1
Dairy: 1

Out of: 1 person

Acne pretty mild now.

0 to all but MAYBE I would give a 1 to Dairy due to several articles I have read linking hormones in dairy and acne.

My 3 co2 laser fraxel:repair journal w/ photos-

http://www.acne.org/...s/#entry3248488

Good read-

http://ajcn.nutritio...t/86/1/107.full

#14 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:10 AM

@ up
food is #1 cause of acne
what you put in your body does will effect you

Food is, however not in the way you think it does. http://onlyacne.com/...cause-acne.html

#15 EaglesGirl

EaglesGirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2012 - 06:55 AM

I would say..

Sugar
Dairy

Because my inflammation went down after cutting out milk and cutting down on my dairy and sugar intake. Many people are lactose-intolerant after all, unless they have been drinking milk regularily since childhood. I've even heard of some having it without knowing. This could be one of the many causes for acne.

I am not very creative.

Skin status:
Red marks + few scars + the occasional zit, but NO ACNE

#16 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2012 - 07:16 AM

I would say..

Sugar
Dairy

Because my inflammation went down after cutting out milk and cutting down on my dairy and sugar intake. Many people are lactose-intolerant after all, unless they have been drinking milk regularily since childhood. I've even heard of some having it without knowing. This could be one of the many causes for acne.

http://www.celiac.co...ease/Page1.html

Lactose Intolerance is not the same as a Milk Allergy. After eliminating Gluten, your Lactose Intolerance goes away (meaning your immune system stops killing the enzyme that breaks down the sugar in milk).

My wife is "lactose intolerant", but she just learned she is Gluten Sensitive.

#17 thekingofmutts

thekingofmutts

Arab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 08:49 AM

I would say..

Sugar
Dairy

Lactose Intolerance is not the same as a Milk Allergy. After eliminating Gluten, your Lactose Intolerance goes away (meaning your immune system stops killing the enzyme that breaks down the sugar in milk).

This is actually a very interesting read, would you suggest cutting out gluten in the diet in order to lessen Acne?

#18 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2012 - 09:12 AM

I would say..

Sugar
Dairy

This is actually a very interesting read, would you suggest cutting out gluten in the diet in order to lessen Acne?

Yes and No. IF you are allergic to Gluten then yes. IF you are allergic to Soy, Milk, Egg, ect... then no. The fact that Gluten Free labels are on a lot of foods tells me Gluten Sensitivity is a very common allergy, more than the 1/3 of the US pop. estimated.

Just note that any food allergy can cause the same systoms as a Gluten allergy. For me, Gluten allergy was the cause of my Acne and Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Eczema, and about 25 other minor issues. Also my 8 year old's Asthma (he has a Gluten Sensitivity passed on from his mother).

#19 thekingofmutts

thekingofmutts

Arab

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:24 AM

Yes and No. IF you are allergic to Gluten then yes. IF you are allergic to Soy, Milk, Egg, ect... then no. The fact that Gluten Free labels are on a lot of foods tells me Gluten Sensitivity is a very common allergy, more than the 1/3 of the US pop. estimated.

Just note that any food allergy can cause the same systoms as a Gluten allergy. For me, Gluten allergy was the cause of my Acne and Arthritis, Acid Reflux, Eczema, and about 25 other minor issues. Also my 8 year old's Asthma (he has a Gluten Sensitivity passed on from his mother).

How would I be able to check if I have a Gluten allergy?

#20 SDR WellnessCoach

SDR WellnessCoach

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:30 PM

How would I be able to check if I have a Gluten allergy?

I had the kids, wife, & my Doctor's order IgG's on Wheat, Barley, Soy, Milk, Peanut, Egg White & Yolk. We don't eat Seafood , Rye, or Treenuts everyday so there was no need to test for them. I also got a copy of results knowing most Dr's blow these off. Real easy to read, any # over 0 is a allergy.