Photo

A 14 Year Old Girl's Personal Log!

makeup oily skin

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
29 replies to this topic

#1 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:25 AM

So I'm 14, and obviously going through puberty which results in crazy acne. But I got sick and tired of being made fun of, and being an insecure person, so I finally plucked up the courage to ask my mum to once again, pay for some acne treatment that will "supposingly" clear up my face. I received my package in the mail today and I was so excited to get started.

Just some things you should know about my skin/me:
1. I've had acne since i was 11 years old... LOTS of little bumps all over my forehead, which then spread to the rest of my face
2. Oily skin
3. Sensitive...
4. I've got very pale skin, so any redness shows up clearly on my face
5. I wear mineral makeup everyday
6. Honey, Oatmeal and water saved my skin countless times.. I recommend people try it out! It works most of the time, but doesn't get rid of old acne
7. I've been so insecure about my skin to the point where I wouldn't go to school because it was so bad. Currently, it's actually not that bad and it's relatively smooth. (Ironic how I'm starting this intense acne regime when my skin doesn't even look that crap..oh well!)

I just used the cleanser, treatment and moisturizer from Dan's regimen. While cleansing, I felt like my skin was being purified.. I don't know how to describe it but after I washed off the cleanser, my skin felt great! Then I applied the treatment. I literally applied a pea sized amount because I am so worried about red/patchy/dry skin (which I know will come soon), so I want to start slow on the BP and gradually add more as I go along. After, I applied the moisturizer. I pumped too much out so I ended up rubbing it on my hands as a hand cream too (LOL improvisation!)

Anyway, at the moment my skin feels really lovely. I don't know why but it feels so clean, and my skin feels like it's actually breathing! I prayed to God that the acne.org regime would help me. I'm expecting the worse to come in the next couple of days, so I don't want to get used to this clear skin just yet. I will update every so often. :)

#2 ishmaelish

ishmaelish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

I fail to see why the peple with the best looking skin in their avatars have so much to complain about.
Good luck with finding a way to make yourself comfortable in your skin.

#3 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

That is probably an old picture, does it really take much to realize these things?

Good luck on your quest. Although this may help with your acne, you should also be trying to figure out what is the root problem for acne, because you are so young you have a lot to gain by this forum (however, there is also a lot of things that could hurt you skin as well). You said it was hormonal acne, so does this mean you get breakouts around your period?

When I was your age I use to get one pimple a month. However, because I didn't even know what those were I asked my mother and she said a zit and that I needed to start using face wash. That only made things worse, MUCH worse. I hope you do not go down the same road I did. I realized about 5 years later that topicals destroyed my skin.

#4 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:07 AM

Good luck with your new regime. My only advice is to use small amounts of the topicals so you don't cause too much irritation; I wish someone had told me this when I was 14 cos I used large amounts thinking more was better!

#5 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

I fail to see why the peple with the best looking skin in their avatars have so much to complain about.
Good luck with finding a way to make yourself comfortable in your skin.

That photo was taken on photobooth...where the quality is bad. Plus I was wearing a lot of makeup. I will upload a photo of my skin without makeup soon... My skin is no where "good". LOL

That is probably an old picture, does it really take much to realize these things?

Good luck on your quest. Although this may help with your acne, you should also be trying to figure out what is the root problem for acne, because you are so young you have a lot to gain by this forum (however, there is also a lot of things that could hurt you skin as well). You said it was hormonal acne, so does this mean you get breakouts around your period?

When I was your age I use to get one pimple a month. However, because I didn't even know what those were I asked my mother and she said a zit and that I needed to start using face wash. That only made things worse, MUCH worse. I hope you do not go down the same road I did. I realized about 5 years later that topicals destroyed my skin.

I get acne whether or not I'm on my period. RIght now, my skin is honestly the best it's been in ages... So I don't have much to say. I just want to get rid of it permanently. Thanks though.

Good luck with your new regime. My only advice is to use small amounts of the topicals so you don't cause too much irritation; I wish someone had told me this when I was 14 cos I used large amounts thinking more was better!

Yes, I agree! Im starting out slow!

#6 Peony7

Peony7

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 9
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:03 AM

Something else I forgot to mention - when I was using topicals my skin became more sensitive to changes in temperature. It would go very red if I was too hot or too cold. So try to ensure you keep cool when it gets hot, and also try not to get too cold.

#7 bobbi364

bobbi364

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

Something else I forgot to mention - when I was using topicals my skin became more sensitive to changes in temperature. It would go very red if I was too hot or too cold. So try to ensure you keep cool when it gets hot, and also try not to get too cold.

I agree with this 100%, happened to me as well. My face was constantly sweaty looking to. It wasn't until I stopped topicals until my face looked normal, healthy, not stripped, and best of all, acne free.

#8 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 06:29 AM

DAY 1:
Today was the first "official" day of using the regimen. So far I like how the products on my skin feel! This morning I woke up and skin was a little bit redder than before, but that was expected. During the school day I noticed some dry flakes between my eyebrows. Also my skin got very tight and I was unable to smile properly because I was nervous more flakes would form. The dryness was also expected and I am prepared for it to get worse.

My skin is breaking out (yet again, expected) all around my hair line and on my chin. Recently my chin had been pretty clear, so it's annoying that the acne is back again..but hey, what can i do... Anyway, I just applied bp and I am now waiting for it to dry so I can apply my Jojoba oil and moisturizer.

The photo attached was my skin in it's "clear" days. No makeup whatsoever. My forehead was smooth but had scars and redness.. Definitely discoloration and uneven skin tone. My skin has gotten a lot worse since yesterday.

Looking forward to what lies ahead

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen shot 2012-02-08 at 9.25.20 PM.png

#9 ishmaelish

ishmaelish

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 09 February 2012 - 01:49 PM

You have beautiful skin. Be careful not to hurt it with your treatment, take it easy.

#10 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 12:01 AM

You have beautiful skin. Be careful not to hurt it with your treatment, take it easy.

Thank you. No one has ever said that to me before. But don't worry, I will for sure. I'm starting extremely slow.

#11 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 10 February 2012 - 09:38 PM

DAY 2:
My skin isn't red, but it's tight. Dry I guess, although the peeling is minimum. Probably because i'm using jojoba oil (thank god) mixed in with the moisturizer. For the bp treatment I'm literally using a pea size amount each time. Hopefully after the next 2 weeks I'll be able to gradually build it up to the suggested amount. The regimen is making me break out under the skin a lot. Especially by the hairline and eyebrow area.. I've been doing a lot of sport lately.. Football especially. I personally have found that if i do exercise, my skin is better. Perhaps that contributes to my skin's condition? Who knows?
I'm still waiting for the extreme redness and dryness........ Praying it decides not to be too harsh.

#12 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2012 - 08:55 AM

DAY 3:
Not much difference at first. No peeling. When I applied my night regimen, my skin got really red and burned a bit.. So I took it all off and put a honey and yoghurt mask for 2 hours. Then I re-applied all the bp and moisturizer. It helped immensely and my skin is definitely less irritated.

#13 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:40 AM

DAY 8:
I must be applying too little bp at once because honestly.. I have barely been experiencing any dryness and flaking. But I can't speak too soon because apparently it kicks in during the second week. Crap! Skin has been pretty clear I guess, compared to what it used to be. I've got breakouts on my cheeks (which is new..) and around the hair line. Some on the chin, and the bumps are still on my forehead. The redness has died down a bit, what a relief.

#14 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:10 AM

DAY 13:
I've started applying a bit more bp and my skin has changed drastically. I can't wear my Bare Minerals foundation anymore because it gets flaky and cakey. So now I've switched to using BB creams instead. My skin is very dry compared to what it used to be, and my lips are very dry too. I'm not sure if dry lips are even related to the regimen but I'm throwing that out there anyway. This is already my second week and I haven't experience bad redness or flaking yet. That's probably because I've been applying little bits of BP at a time. Come on skin! Clear up already!

#15 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:17 AM

DAY 14:
Ahh, face is burning!! Subtle redness on skin after I shower. Just applied bp and moisturizer but damn is it stinging at the moment.....

#16 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me

Achievements

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:23 AM

You sound like you want your skin to dry and flake lol...Go slow is better for BP. Sounds like you need to use more moisturizer. Make sure to check your makeup ingredients to make sure they clog your pores.

I tend to get dryer lips when I use BP as well not sure if it is related but I have noticed this.

#17 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:32 AM

You sound like you want your skin to dry and flake lol...Go slow is better for BP. Sounds like you need to use more moisturizer. Make sure to check your makeup ingredients to make sure they clog your pores.

I tend to get dryer lips when I use BP as well not sure if it is related but I have noticed this.

No my skin was dry before I started applying a little bit more BP, and actually my BP dosage is literally a pea size! Still! It is cold where I live at the moment so that's also a factor. And yes i have been using the moisturizer a lot! And my makeup is BB cream so instead it helps my skin. Love it! Although it still does look flakey...I don't care very much.

#18 jmcsm

jmcsm

Call me Jude.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 33
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:53 PM

Not all BB creams are made equal just like not all moisturisers or skincare products in general won't irritate your skin. You should still be aware of the ingredients. :)
Good luck with the Regimen!

#19 siannaay

siannaay

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:40 AM

DAY 24:
Wow can't believe it's day 24 already! Haha! Anyway, skin status update.... It's improved a lot. But as it is that time of the month I've got 4 breakouts which is annoying as hell but there's nothing I can do about it. After trial and error I've discovered that concealer makes my skin flake less while foundation makes it flake like mad! Scars are still there but a little bit lighter. I got compliments from my parents about how my skin has improved so that's making me feel good.

#20 fellps

fellps

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:25 PM

Ok.. i see you want to improve your skin. Anyway, maybe you'll stick with Accutane sometime, but before you do it, try all possibles medications that you can find. I would recomend:

Clindoxyl Gel (clindamicin + benzoly) - made my face clear for 1 year
Vitamin B5 - like accutane in the light version of its effects (good one!)

Routine - that you can see on my topic is very cool! Make my face clear if i dont eat junk food or sugar.