Photo

Does It Make Sense To Use Retin-A Micro Gel Every Day?

retin-a differin retinoid acne accutane cure retinoids

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 10:07 AM

Hello,

I was just wondering if it does any good to use Retin-A micro gel (0.01%) every day?

I read that it is a time released substance and therefore it takes a while for it to enter into the skin and do it's job. Since it takes time to enter the skin does it do any good to apply it every night? Or is it better every other day or something like that?

Thanks.

#2 desperatejen1

desperatejen1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 11:01 AM

Yes you should apply it every night, but if you start to notice a lot of irritation you can do it every other night and then build a better tolerance to it. I'm not sure how long you've been using it though.

#3 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:42 PM

Yes you should apply it every night, but if you start to notice a lot of irritation you can do it every other night and then build a better tolerance to it. I'm not sure how long you've been using it though.

Okay. So every night even with micro.

#4 desperatejen1

desperatejen1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 December 2011 - 05:18 PM

Are you just starting using retin a micro?

#5 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:03 AM

Are you just starting using retin a micro?

No, I have been at it for about two and a half months if I remember correctly.

#6 desperatejen1

desperatejen1

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:18 AM

When you first started it did it make you really red? See, I just got bumped up to 0.1% and I used it for the first time last night and when I woke up this morning all my red marks were really red. Is that supposed to happen? Because usually when I wake up ( when I was using the 0.4%) my red marks were really light.

#7 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 December 2011 - 05:15 PM

You'll see the most effects every night at a 0.1%. 0.4% works great for those with sensitive skin (especially in a cream formulation), and is still able to bring about incredible improvements. That said, it's possible (if necessary) to use tretinoin (Retin-A Micro) once every other night, or even just a few times a week; its effects will still be present, albeit with significantly less irritation (though tolerance builds rather quickly to tretinoin's side effects).

Edited by nomit, 21 December 2011 - 05:15 PM.

#8 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

You'll see the most effects every night at a 0.1%. 0.4% works great for those with sensitive skin (especially in a cream formulation), and is still able to bring about incredible improvements. That said, it's possible (if necessary) to use tretinoin (Retin-A Micro) once every other night, or even just a few times a week; its effects will still be present, albeit with significantly less irritation (though tolerance builds rather quickly to tretinoin's side effects).

With that being said:

If Retin-A micro 0.01% was used every night the results would be better right?

#9 roxanol

roxanol

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

With that being said:

As far as I'm aware, that's correct. Higher concentrations and more regular usage yields more intense side effects and more profound results.

#10 Pord

Pord

Order and Progress

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:32 AM

With that being said:

As far as I'm aware, that's correct. Higher concentrations and more regular usage yields more intense side effects and more profound results.

Okay, thanks.