clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 01 January 2012 - 07:01 PM

Happy New Year!

Day 20

I woke up with blood on two of my pimples. One was in my earlobe. The other was the prominent pimple on my left temple area.

The Claravis has made my skin so dry that I can see the flakes accumulating on my skin before I shake them off.

No new acne development today.

My New Year's resolution is to get rid of my acne - forever.

#42 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 02 January 2012 - 07:19 PM

Day 21

Yesterday evening, I noticed a pimple forming on the right side of my face. It was pretty painful throughout the night. This morning I still have the pimple, but it doesn't hurt anymore.

My arms are beginning to get dry. I can see some minor flaking on my arms when I scratch them. I am surprised at what other parts of my body that are feeling dry.

My back is still hurting and my plantar faciitis is acting up as well.

#43 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 03 January 2012 - 10:52 AM

Day 22

No new acne today.

As I woke up, the prominent pimple on my face was bleeding. I must have rubbed it shortly before I woke up. I blotted it down with a cotton ball and some Neosporin to try to stop the bleeding.

I took a half dose of muscle relaxer to help my back feel better. Today, its feeling much better.

#44 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 04 January 2012 - 11:02 AM

Day 23

I found a pimple on my scalp. Its hard to see it because of my thick hair. It must've been there at least a day.

I still have two cysts on my neck that I've had since late November, but they are smaller. My Christmas Day acne is still present, but fading away. The prominent pimple on my temple area bled out some more throughout the night. So, it has gotten smaller.

The Claravis has made my skin very dry. I can see clumps of flakes on my nose and around my mouth.

I think I am getting sleepier as days go by. I am sleeping longer hours. I am not sure if this is a consequence of the Claravis.

#45 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 05 January 2012 - 03:40 PM

Day 24

One new pimple developed in my sideburns. It developed yesterday throughout the day. It is always weird to be awake while a pimple is grows.

I think another pimple is growing on the side of my face. I feel a slight pain.

So, in the past few days, I've had a few more pimples develop. This would be the first time I've had some acne develop since Christmas Day, Day 13.

I still continue to apply Micro Retin A every once in a while.

I've reduced my alcohol consumption considerably. I see the doctor in a few days, so I want my liver to nice and strong.

#46 SkyLynn

SkyLynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:48 AM

Did your derm tell you to stop using all those products?

#47 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Did your derm tell you to stop using all those products?

Ha. Yes, but I use it on my neck cysts, sometimes and some on my chest. I don't think its working anymore.

Day 25

No new acne development today.

My skin is peeling. Some peels look like little transparent shredded squares of onion peel. They are falling off my face and my earlobes.

I am applying Vaniply to my lips about 1 every 2 hours, sometimes more if I eat or drink something.

#48 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:09 PM

Day 26

Not much difference today. No new acne. My skin kinda looks pretty today.

Been hitting the weights almost daily again. I can't say I sense much pain. My back is feeling better after taking small doses of muscle relaxer and ibuprofen every 8 hours. My plantar faciitis is hurting more, but I do my stretches to relax the tendon.

Lately, I've been taking more naps during the day. I am not sure why I am taking more naps. Besides the Claravis and the decrease in alcohol consumption, I haven't changed my lifestyle too much

#49 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 January 2012 - 09:39 PM

Day 27

Well, today I woke up with 3 new small pimples. One at the corner of my mouth (I hate those). The other is in one of my 2 trouble areas, my right temple area. The third is on my scalp.

My back continues to ache. I am continuing my dosage of muscle relaxer to see if it calms down.

#50 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:38 PM

Day 28

No new acne today. I think I've been getting a new pimple every other day for about 8 days now. As one comes, another one goes. They aren't lasting as much as they used and they are smaller.

Tomorrow I go see my derm.

My nose is so dry, I can't easily wipe my nose with tissue paper.

#51 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 10 January 2012 - 05:02 PM

Day 29

Today I had my blood checked. The results aren't in yet. My derm said he will keep me at 40mg x day because of my lower back pain. He thinks its a reaction to the Claravis. I think so too because normally it goes away by now and the pain wasn't associated with a workout at the gym.

However, the pain is dissipitating so, I expect next month, I will move up to 80mg x day.

No new acne today. Assuming, my blood work comes out fine, I should buy my next pack of Claravis tomorrow or Thurs.

#52 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:12 PM

Day 30 Second Month Begins Today

Another $341 for my Claravis. My insurance kind of sucks, but I will write it off next tax season. KEEP RECEIPTS. READ: IRS PUBLICATION 502 2011.

So, my lab work was ok. My cholesterol was a bit high, but oh well, c'est la vie.

Today, no new acne. My back feels better, but my derm said if my pain persists, I may need to stop the accutane. I will take some ibruprofen to abate it. Also, if my cholesterol continues to rise, I may have to stop for a few weeks and then restart. My derm believes that the Claravis will work well for me.

Recap of my first month:

1. Day 5: Lips are noticeably dry. Lip ointment is used every day since.
2. Day 10: Face is significantly dry. Moisterizer is used to help with the dryness. Henceforth, waking up with dried blood on my face's acne became almost routine.
3. Day 13: First initial outbreak of acne (IB) occurs. I experienced 4 new pimples.
4. Day 15: First noticed that my sleep cycle was beginning to change, getting sleepier. Lower back pain began which my derm believes is a side effect of the Claravis.
5. Day 16: First noticed severe flaking of the skin on my face. This flaking has continued to present day and has spread to my earlobes.
6. Days 20-27: Experienced outbreak of about 1 new small pimple on average about 1-2 every other day. Fortunately, they went away about 1-2 days later.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 12 January 2012 - 09:37 PM.

#53 blahdeeblah

blahdeeblah

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

Oh my gosh - that's so expensive! My insurance sucks too but I only pay $8 for 60 40mg pills per month. Well - at least I did last year. I'm nervous to see what my prescription will cost this month since I'm in a new deductible period. My derm appointments and lab work are going to be paid out of pocket this month too so that's easily $500 just for my doctors visits. Oh well - just another reason why I wish I hadn't started this ages ago.

#54 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Day 31

No new acne development. My back feels much better. It feels to be about 95% stronger.

I will research getting a better insurance policy. Although, I doubt many will take me now that I am on a fairly routine and expensive medication riddled with the possibility of major side effects.

I met a client today and I forgot my lip ointment! My lips were sooooo dry. It was almost getting painful.

Overall, today was a good day.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 12 January 2012 - 09:40 PM.

#55 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 January 2012 - 07:36 PM

Day 31

Nothing new. No new acne.

Face is still dry and flaky. My back is feeling better. My derm said I will probably be on Claravis for 6 months.

#56 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 January 2012 - 04:13 PM

Day 32

My lower back is a little stiff today, but not much pain. I am taking about 400mg of ibruprofen.

No new acne today.

I woke with a healthy chunk of dried blood over two pimples on my left temple. If I pick at it, I know it will bleed some more.

So, I have to walk around with dried blood on my face.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 14 January 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#57 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:31 AM

Day 33

No new acne today. However, I have about 7 pimples on my face divided between my temples. They are all relatively small. Though, they feel like small pebbles under my skin. They are all left over from my first IB on Christmas Day and in the first part of January.

I have a few pimples on my scalp, but its hard to find them because of my hair. I still have two cysts on my neck. I've had these since November. One of the greatest things about Claravis so far is my dry smooth skin! I am happy that my face isn't glossed up like it just came out of an adult movie.

My lower back feels better today. I've been taking about 400mg of ibruprofen 2 x day since last week visits' to my derm. As I work out, I am feeling slight pain in my biceps.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 16 January 2012 - 02:33 AM.

#58 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:43 PM

Day 34

No changes today with the acne.

However, the back pain keeps reminding me that I am on Claravis. Yesterday, I was doing some pull ups in my backyard. This morning I woke up with a stiff back and stiff neck. I normally don't react this way to pull ups.

#59 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:14 PM

Day 35

I have one new pimple forming on my forehead. It feels a bit painful, but I don't think it will be anything major.

Tomorrow, I start my first day of my second semester of graduate school. I have an internship that I have to attend a few days out of the week too.

Hopefully, the Claravis gods will be kind to me as I present in front of various groups of people throughout the next weeks.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 17 January 2012 - 11:16 PM.

#60 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:44 PM

Day 36

Today was my first day of my second semester of grad school!

Things went well. I felt very comfortable speaking with the many female students in my class without wondering what they thought about my skin.

This task is easier when you are drunk. Females can be intimidating at times.

Tomorrow, I will go to my internship where I conduct psychological therapy.

Today, a new pimple developed in the folds of my right ear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users