claravis journey man accutane

73 replies to this topic

#21 SkyLynn

SkyLynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Yes my acne was pretty bad on my face and back was also getting the large cystic type acne plus my skin was horribly oily all the time. Who knows I may get a bad break out here in a few days I'm not sure. I eat healthy and I do vegetable fasts often mainly eating nothing but apples, spinach, carrots etc for a few days. I'm also on Probiotics and a Liver supplement. I swear the hydrogen peroxide has worked great especially on my back I take a large cotton ball every time I get out of the shower and wipe by my back down and then a new one and wipe my entire face down and spot treat any visible acne with a q-tip.

You wipe your face with a cotton ball with the hydrogen peroxide or do you only spot treat your face with the qtip? I am a lil slow, can you clarify please.

#22 Guest_GoHorns_*

Guest_GoHorns_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:50 AM

Both actually it may sting a bit and feel itchy but that will subside and if you see that your fingertips have turned white do not worry after a few hand washes that will go away. PM me for more were killing this guys thread lol.

#23 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 04:50 AM

Wow, I've never heard of putting hydrogen peroxide on the face. I don't think my skin would tolerate that, but it's very sensitive.

Going back to the rest of your log, I agree that not drinking is one of the toughest parts, especially in the beginning. I love beer, as in I go to beer festivals and am always on the lookout for cool new brews to try. I'm not a binge drinker, but I normally have 1 beer every day after work and 1-3 on the weekend days if I'm hanging out with friends. Not drinking beer has sucked pretty badly, but I'm also healing an ulcer (diagnosed right before I started Accutane) so I've had to completely abstain from alcohol.

I'm pretty sure the initial breakout thing is individual. I started on my full dose - 40mg 1xday (I only weigh 100lbs) and had no IB, but there are some other logs in this forum that reflect horrible IBs. My skin just started getting dryer and clearing up right away.

Anyway, good luck on your treatment!

#24 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 22 December 2011 - 12:59 PM

Day 10

I am still using my prescription topical creams on my trouble areas. No new acne development today. I've been applying some cortisone on two cysts on my neck. I am not sure if they are working, but the cysts are getting smaller, so I will continue that treatment.

My lips are getting so dry that I need to apply that lip balm lotion my derm gave me a few times a day. Just a few days ago, one application would do my lips good all day long.

Jesoli - Thanks for the feedback. It is always good to know that I am not the only one craving more alcohol. I'm still expecting an IB because thats the kind of luck I have. Sorry to hear about your ulcer. Good luck.

#25 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2011 - 01:21 PM

Day 11

No new acne development today.

The skin around my forehead is feeling tighter as if its being pulled. I suppose this is the drying effect.

Much of the dried blood that dotted my face yesterday fell off during the night. I was very surprised to see my face in the mirror this morning. It looks much more healthier. But I know there is still much more change to come.

#26 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:11 PM

Better start moisturizing...it's gonna get dryer and you don't want eczema. Isn't it cool how fast your skin starts to look better? Mine did the same thing.

#27 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 24 December 2011 - 02:40 PM

Better start moisturizing...it's gonna get dryer and you don't want eczema. Isn't it cool how fast your skin starts to look better? Mine did the same thing.

Thanks for the tip. I started doing that last night. Hopefully, I get to just ride this clear wave for the next months.

Day 12

No new acne development today. I still have a few pimples on my face, but many are dug deep below my skin. So I don't even know they are there unless I touch my face.

I am still using my Clindamycin and Retin A Micro creams. Although the Clindamycin is beginning to burn on my neck. So, I am avoiding that area.

Last night, I dreamed I was seasoning a chicken. As I added spices, bumps starting growing on the chicken. I tried to rub them away, but they didn't go away. I panicked and threw the chicken in the oven. I hoped that the heat would dry out the bumps, but it only made my chicken dry and bumpy.

#28 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 25 December 2011 - 04:05 PM

Day 13

Merry Christmas!

Santa brought me 4 pimples today! Three in my trouble area and one inside my ear. Hopefully, the Claravis will put them down quickly.

My skin is still dry. I am continuing applying my topical creams. I am moisturizing for the first time since I began Accutane.

#29 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 26 December 2011 - 01:38 PM

Day 14

The acne that developed yesterday as already beginning to show signs of drying out. I suspect that if this is part of the IB that if I were on a stronger dose at this point, I would be experiencing something much more crazy.

Nothing new to report, otherwise. My lips and face to continue to be dry. I will continue to use my Clindamycin and Retin A creams. I am still applying a small dab of Cortisone to two cysts on my neck. If the cortisone works, it definitely a long term thing, at least on chronic cysts.

#30 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 08:25 AM

Day 15

I guess its been about two weeks since I started Claravis.Today, I have no acne development. I woke up with some dried blood on the Christmas Day acne. It should be gone within a few short days.

As my derm predicted, my face is beginning to burn when I apply my topical cream, the Clindamycin. This just happened this morning. Thus, I will probably discontinue using it. I'm becoming addicted to Vaniply ointment cream for my dry lips and skin, but mostly for my lips. I need a new application every few hours.

The past few days, I've had some pretty lucid and surreal dreams. I am not sure if this is due to the Claravis or not. I am not a person who "doesn't dream." I actually tend have some pretty cool dreams that resemble movies or novels. However, some of these dreams lately are of a totally new genre that I've not had before. The best I can describe them is like a blend of Escher and Dali.

Last night, I had a scary experience. For a few years now, every once in a while, my back muscles will stiff up after working out. So, I take a muscle relaxer before I go to bed and by the morning, its gone. Last night, I planned to do the same thing. Before I went to bed, I took a hydrocodone.

Within about 40 minutes, I was leaning over the toilet and vomiting. My vomit was mostly liquid. It was pretty violent. I am not sure if it was due to the medicine or the food I ate (beef, lobster tail, & mussels), but it seems that as soon I got rid of remnants of the pill, I felt much better. However, my stomach still feels bit woozy. Tonight, I'm just having soup for dinner.

This will be one of the things I will definitely tell my derm when I see him in 2 weeks.

#31 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 02:19 PM

Wow, that sucks! I just used the interaction checker on drugs.com and accutane does not have any interactions with hydrocodone listed, but maybe that combo just doesn't agree with you. It could also be food poisoning or an icky stomach virus...

During my 2nd month I had a strange food poisoning/medication issue that scared me (it's in my log). I had taken benadryl and melatonin, woke up around midnight with some GI distress and I fainted when I stood up. I was really dizzy and sweaty for about 10 minutes after that, then I was fine but it scared me pretty bad!

#32 Guest_GoHorns_*

Guest_GoHorns_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 27 December 2011 - 04:24 PM

Following your progress as I'm 38 and a week behind you with SUPER oil skin. I'm getting some pretty nasty nodular acne forming so my Dermatologist put be back on Bactrim for maintenance (this is typically what I get not loads of acne on face) he did offer a cortizone shot but will wait it out.

#33 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Wow, that sucks! I just used the interaction checker on drugs.com and accutane does not have any interactions with hydrocodone listed, but maybe that combo just doesn't agree with you. It could also be food poisoning or an icky stomach virus...

During my 2nd month I had a strange food poisoning/medication issue that scared me (it's in my log). I had taken benadryl and melatonin, woke up around midnight with some GI distress and I fainted when I stood up. I was really dizzy and sweaty for about 10 minutes after that, then I was fine but it scared me pretty bad!

Following your progress as I'm 38 and a week behind you with SUPER oil skin. I'm getting some pretty nasty nodular acne forming so my Dermatologist put be back on Bactrim for maintenance (this is typically what I get not loads of acne on face) he did offer a cortizone shot but will wait it out.

Jesoli - I will look into your log to review your experiences. Yesterday, I still felt a bit off. Today, I feel better.

GoHorns - I will keep the Bactrim idea in my back pocket when I go see the doc in January.

Day 16

Yesterday, I was in a restaurant meeting a client for work. Before my client arrived, I looked down to my shirt and was shocked. It looked as if someone had sprinkled powder sugar on my shirt. I went the restroom only to realize that the skin on my face was flaking off.

As I rubbed my chin area, it looked as if I was grating cheese off my face. My scalp too is flaking off. It looks as if I have dandruff. I will have to be mindful of this when I meet clients in the future. Flakes. Flakes everywhere!

My back is aching a bit. Normally, this wouldn't surprise me because of my workouts, but I haven't been working this week. Haven't made the time.

Sleepy. I am getting sleepier earlier in the night. Normally, I can stay up till dawn, but around midnight. I am getting sleepy. Funny, it takes a medicine to alter some RNA in my body to get me to go to sleep at a decent time.

Forecast for tonight - snow off my face!

#34 Guest_GoHorns_*

Guest_GoHorns_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 28 December 2011 - 02:16 PM

I too am worried about the flakes so I started today adding raw oatmeal in a cereal bowl and filling it with warm water in the shower and rubbing the oatmeal all over my face, yes its messy but it will do down the drain, I then get out and dab a cotton ball into the bowl and soak up some of the oatmeal juice and use that as a facial, back and chest toner (forgot the ears they too will dry out). I have some of Dans Jojoba oil and may start using it to exfoliate in the shower

Edited by GoHorns, 28 December 2011 - 02:17 PM.

#35 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2011 - 03:15 PM

The peeling will be there for the duration of your treatment, but will come and go. I've been using this stuff called Cure Natural AquaGel from Japan. I learned about it from another member in this forum whose log is titled "I Declare War On Acne!" because she uses it. It's a little pricy, but the bottle is big and you don't need much. It's very gentle. You wash and dry your face, then apply 1-2 pumps over your face and rub gently in a circular motion. All of your dead skin will loosen and form into little beads, then you just rinse all of that off and moisturize. I use it 1-2 times a week to stay fairly flake free. I use it more often on my lips because they tend to peel more & I just can't be walking around with flaky lips because that's just nasty! You can find it on Amazon or Beauty Carousel if you are interested. I think it's worth it because my skin is pretty sensitive, especially while on Accutane, and this does not irritate it at all and keeps me looking nice.

#36 SkyLynn

SkyLynn

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 05:55 PM

The peeling will be there for the duration of your treatment, but will come and go. I've been using this stuff called Cure Natural AquaGel from Japan. I learned about it from another member in this forum whose log is titled "I Declare War On Acne!" because she uses it. It's a little pricy, but the bottle is big and you don't need much. It's very gentle. You wash and dry your face, then apply 1-2 pumps over your face and rub gently in a circular motion. All of your dead skin will loosen and form into little beads, then you just rinse all of that off and moisturize. I use it 1-2 times a week to stay fairly flake free. I use it more often on my lips because they tend to peel more & I just can't be walking around with flaky lips because that's just nasty! You can find it on Amazon or Beauty Carousel if you are interested. I think it's worth it because my skin is pretty sensitive, especially while on Accutane, and this does not irritate it at all and keeps me looking nice.

Is that product a exfoliator or moisturizer?

#37 Sensitisma

Sensitisma

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2011 - 04:25 AM

It's an exfoliator, but use use it on clean, towel dry skin. I think the name was sort of lost in translation or something.

#38 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 29 December 2011 - 02:44 PM

Day 17

I woke up with a dry, almost smooth face. I must've been waking up with an oil-free face for a few days now, but today was the first time I noticed it. I moisturized a lot yesterday evening before I met my client. I wanted to cut back on the flaking.

Most of my Christmas Day acne bled out last night, so they've reduced in size. Only one Christmas Day pimple still holds prominence on my face. Other than that, for now, I just have some minor acne bumps on my temple area and some red pigmentation. I'm looking normal, again.

I stopped treating the two cysts on my neck because the skin around my neck is very sensitive now. The cysts are getting much smaller. Probably, the cortisone cream did nothing or at best, very little.

My back still feels a little tight.

Other than that, today is a good day.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 29 December 2011 - 02:45 PM.

#39 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:11 PM

Day 18

I noticed that my ears are flaking off as well. At times, my eyes are a little dry too.

Hopefully, I can continue like this for many more days.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 30 December 2011 - 02:14 PM.

#40 clearly_dreaming

clearly_dreaming

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 31 December 2011 - 03:01 PM

Day 19

The last day of the year 2011.

I woke up with one new pimple on my forehead, but it is very small.

Overall, I have 7 pimples on my face right now. Most are on my left temple area. Two are fading away and two more should be gone within a few days. One pimple is so prominent it should be about 1 week before to mellows down.

When I wake up, my face is about 94% oil free, which is amazing. My lips require an almost constant application of any kind of ointment to keep them moist.

Yesterday, I wanted to see how much flake would fall off my face. I rubbed my chin area for about 2 minutes. There was so much dead skin on my shirt. I only stopped rubbing because my skin was getting irritated. I wasn't rubbing that hard either.

If you are reading this and if you are considering taking Accutane in 2012 as some sort of NYE resolution, I say go for it. If you have the financial means to undergo it, don't wait any longer. The sooner you finish your first course of Accutane, the sooner you can tell if you will have to take another course later on in your life. I needed a second course. If you only need one course, then after about 6 months, you will be cured of your acne. Cured in 2012.

So, if you're financially and physically ready, don't sit and suffer any more in 2012.

Edited by clearly_dreaming, 31 December 2011 - 03:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users