Photo

In The Market For A New Foundation!

oily skin light acne hyperpigmentation makeup concealer foundation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

#1 acowles

acowles

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 05:49 PM

Hi, I'm currently looking for a new foundation! Right now I'm using Revlon color stay for combo/oily skin. I have more oily than combination skin. Like super, super oily skin. I have really light acne. 3-5 pimples, blackheads, and hyper pigmentation. I feel like I don't need the coverage that R.C gives. Could someone recommend me a foundation that's light-medium coverage for oily skin?

My current FACE makeup routine is....
1. Prime skin with Smashbox primer for oily skin
2. Apply undereye concealer
3. Apply revlon c.s
4. Apply concealer to any blemishes if i need it
5. Set with Bare minerals

#2 acowles

acowles

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:13 PM

no one?

#3 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2011 - 06:14 PM

I just ordered this mineral foundation that is wonderful. I always loved the look of Bare Minerals, but it consistently broke me out. This mineral foundation from Barely There Mineral Wear does not use any fillers, acne irritants or fragrances. And I have oily skin as well so it's perfect!

http://www.barely-th.../store/home.php
"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#4 the uphill battle

the uphill battle

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Achievements

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:22 PM

Oh and the lady is super nice. She suffered from acne herself, that's what got her into the makeup biz... she couldn't find any foundations that were natural and not containing ingredients like Talc or Bismuth Oxychloride (both cause acne). She also has a lot of cheap samples you can order to find your color, a sample is $1.00! or $3.00 to try 4. Hope this was helpful Posted Image

Edited by mjm2010, 13 November 2011 - 09:22 PM.

"I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best." -Marilyn Monroe

#5 acowles

acowles

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:08 PM

thanks!

#6 gemmyjunebug

gemmyjunebug

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:06 PM

Hello Minerals Makeup. Great product and very comparable in price(if not lower) than most mineral makeup brands. No fillers or chemicals. Just mineral makeup which makes the ingredients easy to decipher. http://hellominerals...foundation.html
I laugh a lot. It's a requirement in my world. You're welcome anytime....'Ello loves!

#7 Ghost08

Ghost08

Stay Beautiful!

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Achievements

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:59 PM

Everyday Minerals is nice. And you can try it for free :)

My Personal Log Detailing my adventures from "Natural to Not".

CURRENT REGIMEN:
(AM)
Neutrogena Facial Cleansing Bar for Acne Prone Skin, Clindamycin Phostphate Topical 1%, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 45, Equate Absolutely Beaming Daily Moisturizer, (I mix this and the sunblock together and the sunblock helps mattify the moisturizer), 1x Vitamin D3, 1x Borage Oil, 2x Burdock Root, 1x Vitamin E, 1x Vitamin A, 2x Calcium, 1x Vitamin B Complex, 1x Vitamin C.
(PM)
Ortho-Tri Cyclen Lo, Cetaphil Anti-Bacterial Gentle Cleansing Bar, Paula's Choice 2% BHA Liquid, Clindamycin Phosphate Topical 1%, Grapeseed Oil.

#8 adalyn

adalyn

Like a Boss

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:50 PM

Hi acowles!

I could recommend a few for you - all have buildable coverage so it can be light to full.

Estee Lauder Double Wear - supposedly the high end equivalent to Revlon Colorstay.
Lancome Teint Idole Ultra - a really nice liquid consistency that sets well.
Make Up For Ever HD Foundation - really buildable coverage. I just had a MUFE sales assistant match me to this foundation today - despite wearing this foundation my skin still shows through and glows.

All are oil free, and I've heard quite a few good things about all of its oil control - though it may be different for you depending on how oily your skin is.

good luck!

90+ % clear since October 2011!

AM - Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser - Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Treatment - Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Creme For Face SPF55

MAKEUP - Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation - MAC Studio Finish Concealer - Cover FX Powder FX
PM - Kose Softymo White Cleansing Oil - Avene Cleanance Soapless Gel Cleanser - La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo -
Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream - CeraVe Moisturizing Lotion

OPTIONAL - Neutrogena Visibly Clear Wash/Mask

My acne journey!

My post-acne journey!

#9 Acne gone

Acne gone

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:11 PM

I love Korean BB cream, since living in S. Korea I have fallen in love with Korean cosmetics, you can buy on ebay. There are all types for all types of skin, stay clear of the whitenong ones if you don't want to look like a ghost though. But if you want to solve the oilyness from within, it might be worth giving vitamin B5 a go. I swear, it has stopped my acne coming back after coming off the pill for the millionth time. You can getnit from a health food shop, it's called panthonoic acid, it breaks down excess oil.

#10 Vampireninja09

Vampireninja09

Ten hour tomato.

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 08 December 2011 - 01:26 PM

^I've heard about that BB cream before. I have 2/3 friends that wear it and like it because the consistency of it is nice, and apparently it doesn't look thick/feel thick either. I might have to try it out.

#11 Ukulala

Ukulala

Towtally Ossum

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 09 December 2011 - 01:44 PM

I just posted a thread about my choice -- Mineral Fusion Pressed Powder Foundation. I think it's amazing, and it's all natural and non-comodegenic and all that lovely stuff. Highly suggest it!
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

#12 gabrieldaily

gabrieldaily

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 12 December 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hi!
I highly suggest MAC's Face and Body Foundation. It is water based, water-resistant. Coverage is very sheer and the finish is dewy. It looks very good, it just covers up any redness on your face. I like this because you just need a little bit of concealer to cover up the blemishes and your set. You save your face from using a thick layer of foundation.
Regimen:
1. Cetaphil cleanser
2. Dior clarifying toner
3. Clinique ddmg
(Twice a day everyday!)

#13 jennifer36

jennifer36

every moment is a gift of life

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 19
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 05:14 PM

I highly recommend Tarte brand foundations! Tarte's a natural, cruelty free brand. I have been faithfully using their "Provocateur Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder" foundation for over a year. (Actually the amazonian clay formula is the newer formula of the "Provocateur Pressed Powder" that I'd been previously using. When they switched formulas I switched too and liked it even better). It looks super natural on my skin, yet covers everything I need it to. It gives me a really nice dewy look. Plus since it's a powder it doesn't make me oily at all. All I ever use is this foundation, as well as their kaolin clay concealer on the red spots. It feels really light and doesn't clog my pores at all.
my regimen:

am
wash face+chest+back with UMF 16+ manuka honey
tone with chamomile lavender tea

pm
home made grey kaolin clay, manuka honey & tea tree oil mask for 30+ minutes
spot treat with 50/50 jojoba and tea tree oil

avoiding dairy, soy, high sodium, refined sugars, processed foods since September 2011. more recently peanuts, gluten and citrus as well.

I am 90-95% clear, and still improving.

#14 californiaEstie

californiaEstie

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

I use Mary Kay's Medium Coverage foundation and I love it. It stays on all day and controls oil. and it's $15 dolllllas! Yeeaaah.

#15 goofyrfy

goofyrfy

Crazy Cat Lady

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 27 December 2011 - 12:52 PM

I use bare escentuals, but that brand is pretty controversial on if it breaks you out or not (so test it out) For me it works perfect and I get a discount since I work at Sephora. Posted Image
Every Morning:
Dan's cleanser
ACV toner
Dan's BP
Boots expert shine control lotion
Eye makeup ONLY

Every Night:
Dan's cleanser
Dan's AHA

Three times a week:
Honey mask

Clear of acne! I still get the occasional zit, but mostly clear. Posted Image
Currently working on my red marks and light scarring.