Photo

Found A Fabulous Moisturizer For Oil Control!

oily skin oil pores clogged pores asarch dermasparx makeup

2 replies to this topic

#1 olive14

olive14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

I know I'm probably starting to sound like a promotional ad or a troll on here but I promise you I am a real acne.org user, look at my profile, I have been here for a while. I haven't been on here in a long time because I figured I was just kind of at the point of all hope lost, blackheads forever, but things are starting to look up.

Oily skin is really my only remaining issue. And the blackheads that come along with it :P. Seriously about 1-2 hours after I put on makeup in the morning I am shiny. Not glowing... shiny.

I started using a smashbox water based primer before my foundation which helped maybe a little, but my dermatologist (Richard Asarch) or at least one of his affiliates at the practice (Thomason, who I see) recommended the DermaSpa line from Asarch. Just realized that these products are also online.

http://dermasparx.co...ture-cream.html

That's the one I use. Pricey, but its lasted me about 6 weeks so far and I use it twice a day. It's very worth it. I am probably 75% less oily. Sometimes I don't even have to use powder. Which is kind of a miracle.

http://www.acne.org/...ntibiotics-100/

Please refer to that post I just made as well. I think it's helping me with my oily skin.

Asarch has some other products as well that I haven't tried or looked into but the one I have tried is really quite good, and I recommend it. This is the first time I am excited about something new I am doing. I have really tried it all. I know that affordability is an issue but if you're looking for a solution and don't have to pay for medications then I really think this is a good investment.
My Ortho Tri Cyclen/Sodium Sulfacetamide Log

Personal Regimen....
Morning: Cetaphil Face Wash
Oil Free Moisture Cream from DermaSpa, my dermos line of skin care products :D

Evening: Ortho Tri-Cyclen
Cetaphil Face Wash
Oil Free Moisture again...

*I am also doing Acleara once every two weeks. Read about my experience here.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride" -Hunter S. Thompson

#2 bryan

bryan

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:30 PM

Why would a simple moisturizer have any effect on oil production?

#3 olive14

olive14

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2011 - 03:28 PM

Ask Dr. Asarch? It's not really a simple moisturizer, it's for clinical purposes, developed by a (my) dermatologist for the treatment of acne. Not an over the counter. You have to either buy it online, or at his practice. You don't need to have a prescription to buy it but it was developed with acne and oily skin specifically in mind. If you look at the ingredients, the first ingredient after water is cetearyl alcohol in case you're curious about the properties.

I think the why is much less important than the fact that I have seen results with it. And I have very oily skin.
My Ortho Tri Cyclen/Sodium Sulfacetamide Log

Personal Regimen....
Morning: Cetaphil Face Wash
Oil Free Moisture Cream from DermaSpa, my dermos line of skin care products :D

Evening: Ortho Tri-Cyclen
Cetaphil Face Wash
Oil Free Moisture again...

*I am also doing Acleara once every two weeks. Read about my experience here.

"Buy the ticket, take the ride" -Hunter S. Thompson

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users