Photo

Once a week or once a day?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 SimplePimple

SimplePimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 February 2011 - 01:59 PM

What do you think?

My problem is that i have ULTRA sensitive skin, I can barely shower... My skin hates shaving, and I get really red skin after shaving. But I have been shaving like once every third day, and the latest month once a week, but my skin hates that too.

What habit do you think is the best for me?

#2 SimplePimple

SimplePimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:09 AM

This board is so silent.. I better start browsing smile.gif

#3 Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*

Guest_fugleee_dumbBUNNY_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 03 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

just avoid face when showering? shrug.gif also try to wash face less at al, wash it like once in 3 days only or so, it will help skin to heal faster imo, also once yo skin is so sensitive, it would be kinda relief for it too, that u do less things to it.

nice avatar! wink.gif

#4 vartoooza

vartoooza

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:54 PM

my face hate shaving aswell! thats why i use hair trimmer on my face like once a week and got no problem cool.gif my gf loves my shaggy face biggrin.gif

#5 SimplePimple

SimplePimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 February 2011 - 05:51 AM

Lucky you.. I look like a goat biggrin.gif

#6 onesouldier04

onesouldier04

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (SimplePimple @ Feb 2 2011, 06:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you think?

My problem is that i have ULTRA sensitive skin, I can barely shower... My skin hates shaving, and I get really red skin after shaving. But I have been shaving like once every third day, and the latest month once a week, but my skin hates that too.

What habit do you think is the best for me?

I think your problem might be your choice of products and perhaps your razor. What you have to take into consideration is the number of blades you are using on your face. For example there are 1,2,3,4 and even 5 blade razors. Not only does shaving exfoliate some of the dead skin of your face, it is also yanking the hair out. The first pulls it out, the second and third blade's cut it.

I have noticed that my razor in particular will bring out along of redmarks ( Gillete fusion power ). The best thing to do to avoid irritation is to use a gentle shaving lubricant ( king of shaves for sensetive skin works well) and to use a two blade razor. Remember to shave with the grain, gently and just be firm when you are shaving. Try that for a week and see if your skin adapts. A tip, if you stretch out the area you are shaving with you fingers, you can shave closer and gentler.

All the best mate, wink.gif

#7 SimplePimple

SimplePimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2011 - 07:06 PM

I have five blades eusa_boohoo.gif

Tried making sick faces (a.k.a stretching my skin) and it works well smile.gif

Thanks a lot, I love this forum - it's a saviour, and always has been whistling.gif)!

One more thing though: Should I shave every other day, or what do you think? Every day?

#8 SimplePimple

SimplePimple

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:05 PM

I have five blades eusa_boohoo.gif

Tried making sick faces (a.k.a stretching my skin) and it works well smile.gif

Thanks a lot, I love this forum - it's a saviour, and always has been whistling.gif)!

One more thing though: Should I shave every other day, or what do you think? Every day?

#9 matt f

matt f

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:34 PM

Try using an electric razor, they don't irritate the skin so much (in my opinion). If you want to stick to wet shaving then use a razor with less blades. Have you read Dan's shaving guide?

#10 changedmynamefinally

changedmynamefinally

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:39 PM

once a week, i dont grow hair fast enoguh to daily lol

#11 C0BRA

C0BRA

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 11:42 AM

once a week

#12 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

once a week, i like my beard, and i would also recommend an electric shaver, less irritating than blade and wet shave.

#13 Dave from Canada

Dave from Canada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

I used to shave every 3-4 days (any longer than that and I found the hairs too long and cause irritation from shaving.) However I have switched to a electric razor (Philips rotary) and find it to be wayyy less irritating I can shave every day! With electric you must shave regularly because long hairs can get pulled and cause irritation.

#14 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:40 AM

I used to shave every 3-4 days (any longer than that and I found the hairs too long and cause irritation from shaving.) However I have switched to a electric razor (Philips rotary) and find it to be wayyy less irritating I can shave every day! With electric you must shave regularly because long hairs can get pulled and cause irritation.

That all depends on the razor my friend. I had one of those Philips ones, hated it. Braun is truly the top dog as far as electric razors goes. The long hairs need to be trimmed before the foil coil takes over, which braun has IMO the best trimmer out there, trust me I have been around the block with electric razors you name it and I have probably tried it.

#15 Dave from Canada

Dave from Canada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:46 AM

I read alot of reviews of electric razors before buying and came to the conclusion that Braun/foil = closest shave, rotary = less irritating. I bought a cheap foil once and returned it cause it was terrible, but it was not a Braun so I can't say for certain that I wouldn't like a good one. I actually own 2 of the Philips ones. The first one I have owned for probably over a year, a basic corded model that you can't wash. Then I bought a cordless one that you can wash and I think better blades in it as well. They both work good, the newer one better and I get no red marks or irritation, I could shave twice a day if I wanted to.

#16 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 06:59 AM

I read alot of reviews of electric razors before buying and came to the conclusion that Braun/foil = closest shave, rotary = less irritating. I bought a cheap foil once and returned it cause it was terrible, but it was not a Braun so I can't say for certain that I wouldn't like a good one. I actually own 2 of the Philips ones. The first one I have owned for probably over a year, a basic corded model that you can't wash. Then I bought a cordless one that you can wash and I think better blades in it as well. They both work good, the newer one better and I get no red marks or irritation, I could shave twice a day if I wanted to.

The braun has no irritation, at least on my sensitive skin it doesn't. I will test the philips out against the braun to see if i can see a difference in irriation. and yes by far the braun has a superior shave, closer IMO, I have the 8950 360 complete if you wanted to know, I dont think they make that model anymore, but the newer ones use the same foil coils or cutters, depending on what you want.

#17 Dave from Canada

Dave from Canada

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 08:06 PM

Let me know what you think of one of the newer Philips, I'd be interested. Is your Braun similar to the current 7 series?

I should point out that my neck is my problem area, my doc says I have folliculitis (I have not seen a derm yet though) so I find that the rotary razor kind of "hovers" above my skin, like a little lawn mower that trims the hair but doesn't get too close to the skin. Maybe a foil would irritate my ingrown hair bumps, maybe not, I just know my Philips works for me. Everybody is different. :)

#18 steven m jacobson

steven m jacobson

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:11 PM

Let me know what you think of one of the newer Philips, I'd be interested. Is your Braun similar to the current 7 series?

I should point out that my neck is my problem area, my doc says I have folliculitis (I have not seen a derm yet though) so I find that the rotary razor kind of "hovers" above my skin, like a little lawn mower that trims the hair but doesn't get too close to the skin. Maybe a foil would irritate my ingrown hair bumps, maybe not, I just know my Philips works for me. Everybody is different. Posted Image

Yea I just tested them on my neck and cheeks, I like the braun more not any issues with irritation though from both. The braun I have is like the series 5 and series 7 foils, but would most resemble the series 7, both the series 5 and 7 can use either of the series replacement foil coils or cutters, two different shaves, just a matter of preference. I agree the electric razor never touches the skin, it vibrates the skin to raise the hair and then it cuts the hair, unlike a blade, where it scrapes the skin or tugs and pulls the hairs.

#19 Guest_pokemonster_*

Guest_pokemonster_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 30 December 2011 - 01:49 PM

Lucky you.. I look like a goat Posted Image

lmao!

Edited by pokemonster, 02 January 2012 - 04:17 PM.

#20 UncleBob

UncleBob

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

Try not shaving for 2 weeks, let your skin heal & reset whatever shaving techniques you previously used. Your facial hair should then be more than 2mm-3mm in size, good for shaving. Prior to shaving, warm your face with water, or you can shave whilst in the warm/hot shower. Shave with shaving gel/foam/cream if possible, going with the grain, and don't press too deeply. Lets see what happens.