Photo

i never break out on my forehead...now all of a sudden I DO!

pimple pimples

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 madelineee

madelineee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:16 PM

I never used to have to worry about my forehead...it was always crystal clear with maybe the occasional pimple..like once a year lol. Now all of a sudden (out of nowhere!) I started breaking out like crazy there. I didn't change anything in my life...I wasn't especially stressed or anything...although these pimples have kind of made me strerssed! The pimples are relatively tiny but there are a lot of them and some of them get extremely inflamed. I've tried BP, salicylic acid...etc etc and nothing seems to work. I thought it might be a fungus so I tried Lamisil on it for a couple days with no effect. When I use a comedone extractor...stuff does come out of them...but it doesn't make them go away...if that makes any sense. I squeezed a bunch the other day and a bunch of stuff came out but they didnt go away at all! I don't get it.

WHAT GIVES????

#2 wazzap

wazzap

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 March 2010 - 02:53 PM

Hormones? I know thats usually around mouth though. Dunno sorry

#3 Rene Greenwald

Rene Greenwald

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:11 PM

Did you change your hair style? If you did and your hair is now sweeping across your forehead, the rubbing f the hair could be thickening your skin: dermtv(D)com/acne-101-acne-causes

If you're a teenager....

#4 samanthapaige

samanthapaige

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:54 PM

Are you sure you didn't change your shampoo/conditioner/hair spray recently? Even wearing a hat, or bangs can cause you to break out. Did you start eating/drinking more dairy? Little things you might not even think about can totally make you break out. Also, it could have to do with your age? I used to never have acne, but just recently started breaking out(I'm 20).

#5 lareznar

lareznar

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

do not squeeze them you will create acne scars.

if you tried BP and SA which are main ingredients in acne treatments then you probably are suffering from acne that is caused from irritation, moisturizer (oil-free, no paraben) that is specifically used for the face should be used on your forehead. Try not to put anything irritating in that area, no acids, peroxides, isopryl alcohol, just try to treat the area with creams, lotions or moisturizer and see if that helps for now. you can find a great moisturizer in my profile, it truly helped my cystic nodule problem and whitehead problems. follow the directions on the bottle!

btw i still get 1 or 2 lerge acnes on my face but it seriously helped so much, im like 2 weeks into it now and my skin feels like a babvys bum. biggrin.gif

#6 madelineee

madelineee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2010 - 01:42 PM

im 16 and didnt change anything!

#7 davis507

davis507

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2010 - 02:39 AM

Might just be part of the growing up process, my son and daughter had the same thing happen to them. They first had it on the sides of their face now it went to the forehead....Did u start a new sport or anything that would cause extra sweating in that area? Picking at them for sure makes them worse, I am proof of that. I woke up one day (literally) and had a major breakout on my forehead after never having it their b4 and I attribute it to fluctuating hormones, which yours are most likely still doing at your age. Even just going to the hair salon and having them fix your hair up for one day can trigger a break out. A change in your diet, new stressors...If u can afford a good derm I would start there....I used ZNP bar on my forehead because there was some yeast issues and it helped some, just an idea...

#8 cambpell

cambpell

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 20 March 2010 - 05:04 PM

I think i had the same problem, started after using BP, though it was not the BP's fault.

It was caused by either:

Having long hair with a lot of grease in it.

Wearing a cap

Using (to much) Jojoba oil

I got my hair cut, reduced the amount of grease in my hair and stopped using Jojoba oil - The small and tiny pimples are gone

#9 grenjak

grenjak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:08 AM

QUOTE (samanthapaige @ Mar 17 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Are you sure you didn't change your shampoo/conditioner/hair spray recently? Even wearing a hat, or bangs can cause you to break out. Did you start eating/drinking more dairy? Little things you might not even think about can totally make you break out. Also, it could have to do with your age? I used to never have acne, but just recently started breaking out(I'm 20).

OMG, can that happen when your 20, cause I just turned 20 and I am also starting to breakout and I am seriously freaking out, BUT, I lost my virginity this year, so I think maybe thats a contributing factor. Can losing your virginity give you pimples, they are on my forehead, like little pimples, they come and go, just below my hairline

#10 JAG221

JAG221

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 12 September 2010 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (grenjak @ Sep 12 2010, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (samanthapaige @ Mar 17 2010, 10:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG, can that happen when your 20, cause I just turned 20 and I am also starting to breakout and I am seriously freaking out, BUT, I lost my virginity this year, so I think maybe thats a contributing factor. Can losing your virginity give you pimples, they are on my forehead, like little pimples, they come and go, just below my hairline

I don't want to freak you out but i didnt start getting acne until i was 21 and it has gotten progressively worse over the years for me. My #1 suggestion if you are just starting to breakout, and i wish i had known this, is not to use any of the over the counter, chemically loaded crap (proactive and skin care lines like that) because it will further irritate your skin and make things worse.

However, breaking out on your forehead is usually the best place if you have never broken out before because this is usually due to toxins, which are easier to eliminate than balancing your hormones which is when you breakout around your mouth and lower cheeks. You may want to switch to a simpler moisturizer, watch what you are putting in your hair as previously recommended, etc.

#11 akko

akko

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 12 September 2010 - 07:30 PM

No, I don't think losing your virginity has anything to do with acne. wink.gif

One possible cause for sudden forehead pimples is a common condition called pityrosporum(fungal) folliculitis. It's characterized by small, numerous flesh colored pimples that sometimes itch or flare red. they usually spread from the hairline or the eyebrows. It can be controlled by washing with a dandruff shampoo like Nizoral or Head and shoulders classic clean.

I developed it when I was 23- possibly due to a round of antibiotics I had taken earlier that year for a UTI. I struggled with it for over two years, and saw two dermatologists who misdiagnosed it as common acne and told me to exfoliate more, and gave me treatments that did not work. Regular acne meds do not usually help PF and can make it worse. It's only when I came on this site and found out about PF that I was able to treat it properly- and now I've been clear for three years.

If you suddenly develop forehead acne (especially if you're an adult) look into fungal folliculitis.

Good luck!

#12 grenjak

grenjak

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:29 AM

Thanks guys, it comes and goes, but, I was really freaked out after i lost my virginity, i come from a very religious home, and was depressed for like 3 months(seriously guys i know, it wasnt necessary) and I was stressed and scared that I caught some std. Well after the required waiting periods, all my std tests came back negative. Could the depression and stress have caused the pimples,they started appearing after my depression went away, I am fine now, no longer depressed or stressed, but i have these damn things on my forehead. I think it maybe PF, I hope this goes soon, I value my skin very much.