5 replies to this topic

#1 AcnePwns

AcnePwns

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 16 January 2010 - 08:47 PM

I am going to start using Retin-A tonight. If I want to use it with a moisturizer, should I mix it together or should I apply the Retin-A first then wait 20-30 min and apply moisturizer?

#2 MilGirl

MilGirl

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE (AcnePwns @ Jan 16 2010, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am going to start using Retin-A tonight. If I want to use it with a moisturizer, should I mix it together or should I apply the Retin-A first then wait 20-30 min and apply moisturizer?

You should wait at least 30 min before applying the moisturizer. I use jojoba oil, personally.

#3 EyeDClaire

EyeDClaire

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 12:53 PM

I'm on Tazorac which is a retinoid, and in the box there was an instructional sheet and it said to apply moisturizer first, wait a little while then apply the retinoid.

#4 StevieC

StevieC

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2010 - 01:09 PM

Apply the Rein-A first... 30 minutes is enough for it to sink through your skin and start taking effect.

The moisturiser then helps with the side effect of hard skin.

Putting the moituriser on first will just help neutralise the Retin-A effect ... I imagine any instructions advising you to do it that way must have been on their 3rd bottle of Scotch when they wrote it surprised.gif

Edited by StevieC, 17 January 2010 - 01:12 PM.

#5 americaninparis

americaninparis

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 January 2010 - 06:43 AM

I have this weird liquid retin-a that I actually mix with jojoba oil when I apply. It doesn't seem to make any difference on the treatment, but it does help with irritation, as I have very sensitive skin. However, I don't know if conventional moisturizers have ingredients which may interfere with the Retin-A.

#6 iwanttoliveagain

iwanttoliveagain

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 19 January 2010 - 09:39 AM

I would not use moisturizer with the Retin-a, it will minimize it's affect. I would use a good oil free moisturizer during the day, I'm using Skinmedica Ultrasheer Moisturizer. You barely know it's on, very light. It ain't cheap, but coming from someone that swore they'd never use a moisturizer, I love it. I'm using Retinaldehyde (Avene Retrinal). I think it's much less harsh than Retin-a. It ain't cheap either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users