Photo

a huge cystic acne near my groin area

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

#1 123123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 27 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

Its been there for a few days now and it hurts so much. Its no longer hard but its very tender. Anyone experienced this be4?

Edited by 123123, 28 December 2009 - 12:54 AM.

#2 Warrior of Acne

Warrior of Acne

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:09 AM

I had a cyst on my butt once hahahaha so embarrassing.

#3 Deadmau5

Deadmau5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:23 AM

Yikes......

#4 typoprone

typoprone

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:04 AM

I've experienced this once or twice before. It's definitely very unpleasant and alarming. I mean, I've gotten a zit on my KNEE... IN my EAR... and other strange places, but a cystic zit on the groin was definitely strange.

Don't worry, though, it'll either come to head or subside. And the great thing is that no one will have to know about it or see it or the post-inflammatory mark that will be left behind. smile.gif

By the way, don't put tea tree oil on that sucker. Silly me did that once and my entire groin area turned red. AND ITCHED LIKE HELL. Had to see the doctor for help. eusa_whistle.gif

#5 dandelion69

dandelion69

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:27 AM

Try goggling Hidradenitis suppurativa. Not saying that's what you have, but there are very good forums that you can get ideas how to treat the cyst.

#6 Ind1g0

Ind1g0

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 8
About Me

Achievements

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:10 AM

No. its a swollen gland.

#7 123123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (typoprone @ Dec 28 2009, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've experienced this once or twice before. It's definitely very unpleasant and alarming. I mean, I've gotten a zit on my KNEE... IN my EAR... and other strange places, but a cystic zit on the groin was definitely strange.

Don't worry, though, it'll either come to head or subside. And the great thing is that no one will have to know about it or see it or the post-inflammatory mark that will be left behind. smile.gif

By the way, don't put tea tree oil on that sucker. Silly me did that once and my entire groin area turned red. AND ITCHED LIKE HELL. Had to see the doctor for help. eusa_whistle.gif

Yea it hurts less now and its smaller. I just stopping walking much and when i walk i walk slower.

#8 Joe Zit

Joe Zit

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2009 - 08:04 AM

Cystic acne is not unknown in the genital and groin regions. Judging by some of the comments, I'd suggest that some of you do a little more research before you react.

I had an acne cyst in that area. It was annoying, to say the least. I took a good hot bath, it came to a head and I popped it. This was many years ago. I might not recommend such a course of action now.

I would suggest that you go to a physician, have them lance it and drain it, and then ensure that the wound is kept absolutely clean while it is healing. You don't really have to worry too much about scarring there.

Joe Zit

Edited by Joe Zit, 29 December 2009 - 08:04 AM.

#9 kimincal

kimincal

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:00 AM

YES, when I was in my 20's, I used to get them alot! They hurt like hell and there is nothing you can do about them. They do eventually go away...mine took several weeks to completely resolve, but several days for the pain to go away. They do come to a head sometimes, and it's not pretty wink.gif Just leave it alone or it will turn into a monstrosity of a lump!

#10 JayQ

JayQ

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 December 2009 - 11:10 AM

Well if its just a reddened lump with no head to it, it could be a swollen lymph node. I had this about 2 or 3 times the past 2 years and it gave me bad fever for 2 days and i could hardly walk without quincing in pain. It was on my right side right where my thigh creases with groin.

#11 123123

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 31 December 2009 - 06:30 AM

hey yea mine is almost fully healed now. Only a little bit of swelling left. I put antibiotic ointment on it which is really effective.