Bringing a pimple to a head

2 replies to this topic

#1 Kevin22

Kevin22

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 June 2004 - 02:45 AM

Is there a good way to bring the pus (whitehead) of a pimple to the top? I got an angry eruption on my left cheek and I just know there is some pus deeper down under the surface. It isnt visible yet and Im running out of patience. I dont wanna try to pop the pimple without clearly seeing the whitehead first. (And yes, I know how to safely "squeeze" some pus out of a pimple)

But until it rises to the surface, Im not touching it. So is there anything one can do to help raise this annoying stuff from below the skin? I hear holding warm & moist rags to the area a few times a day can help bring some of the bad stuff to the top. Is that true and is there possibly anything else?

#2 carebear_heart

carebear_heart

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me
  • Interests:cycling, rollerbalding, jogging, shopping

Posted 15 June 2004 - 04:57 AM

Hei, what I always do is to put lots of BP, night and in the morning. However, it takes maybe around 4days at least for the white pus to rise to the surface of the skin. By then, it's so easy to pull the pus out. But i don't pick on them..I just let it drop by itself, this is better as there won't be any scars...trust me...

At the moment, I am struggling wit red marks...My skin is clearing but taking a long time..I got plans u see....
~ I believe that Nothing Lasts Forever ~

#3 Catwoman

Catwoman

Little red riding hood

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 June 2004 - 07:17 PM

I hear holding warm & moist rags to the area a few times a day can help bring some of the bad stuff to the top. Is that true and is there possibly anything else?

Yup, that works. Hot works better than warm. hold the rag or cloth under hot running water, then put it to the pimple and hold for like 5 minutes or so. The cloth will become cold in a few seconds/minutes - when it does, re-wet it with hot water, and hold it on the pimple again. Then dry the spot with a dry towel or tissue, and perform your pimple surgery on it (pop it). Depending on the stage of the pimple, you may be able to pop it right away, or you may have to repeat a few days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users