Photo

What happens if you dont pop a pimple?

pimple pimples pop

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 i Wonder

i Wonder

Hobo Please

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:40 PM

Alot of people say not to pop pimples...but if u gotta pimple, what happens if u just leave it?
will it pop on its own?
and if it has a small head, should u still not pop it?

is putting aloe vera a good idea on it?

#2 P.J.W

P.J.W

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

I find it beneficial to pop my white heads.
I do it as follows:

ONLY if the pimple has a visible white head that is raised above the skin.
I take a needle or pin and run it under hot water for about 30 seconds then dip it in disinfectant alcohol (precautionary measures to reduce the risk of infection). I then slowly and gently press the tip of the needle directly into the head of the pimple (VERY SLOWLY) until the tip has JUST breached the skin.
Once I have done this I squeeze (VERY GENTLY) either side of the pimple until only clear fluid or blood appears. (Clear fluid is a good sign, blood means it either wasn't ready to be pricked, you pressed to deep with the needle or you squeezed too hard).

I find that if I empty the contents of a white heads when it's ready, the pimple will subside and disappear far quicker than it would if I left it.

#3 UFOrescue

UFOrescue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

Edited by UFOrescue, 10 July 2010 - 02:08 PM.

#4 globebot

globebot

joshua

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:04 PM

wat sucks is that I still get read marks from
unpopped pimples...in fact, I find it takes
even longer for the rest marks to go away if you
don't pop it (since popped pimples make a scab
that flakes away so easily)....dang annoying grrr

#5 omar guzman

omar guzman

Beer Pong Champ

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 2
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

It's hard to leave them alone but of all the times I have left those pimples alone, they eventually dried up and flaked off. When I do mess with them, they stick around longer, hurt more, and are an overall bigger pain in the ass, or face, I should say.

#6 Galanad

Galanad

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 02:31 PM

What about other types of pimples? For example, sometimes i get these big swollen red ones (idk maybe like .5cm diameter or bigger), and i just put on-the-spot in it, and it eventually gets smaller, and is not red anymore. However it still is a small bump, but black in color (maybe because i work outdoors -- sun? I use SPF30 though).

It also doesn't feel as if the pimple popped by itself. It often feels as if it is still there under the skin.

#7 zzzboy

zzzboy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 03:33 PM

i also think its good to pop pimples when they are ready. ive left whiteheads alone before and, just like when i pop, they scab as well. if i dont pop a pimple, it will remain for 2+ weeks and just looks really bad. when i pop, however, it scabs and falls off within 3 days.

contrary to the poster above, i find that clear fluid alone is a bad sign. usually when only clear fluid comes out, the pimple returns the next day because it hasnt been completely popped. blood usually means that it has popped fully (as nasty as it is). thats not to say you should just rip the pimple out...its just that seeing a bit of blood is natural when you fully pop a pimple. you should also be able to assess how much white stuff is gonna come out of a pimple by looking at its size, depth, etc, so you know when you have fully popped it

#8 •Skeets•

•Skeets•

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:00 PM

Am I the only person who likes popping pimples....like it's fun. I decided I wanted clearer skin so I stopped. I know watch other people pop pimples on youtube. I think I'm crazy.

#9 Kizzle

Kizzle

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (zzzboy @ Jul 7 2008, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i also think its good to pop pimples when they are ready. ive left whiteheads alone before and, just like when i pop, they scab as well. if i dont pop a pimple, it will remain for 2+ weeks and just looks really bad. when i pop, however, it scabs and falls off within 3 days.

contrary to the poster above, i find that clear fluid alone is a bad sign. usually when only clear fluid comes out, the pimple returns the next day because it hasnt been completely popped. blood usually means that it has popped fully (as nasty as it is). thats not to say you should just rip the pimple out...its just that seeing a bit of blood is natural when you fully pop a pimple. you should also be able to assess how much white stuff is gonna come out of a pimple by looking at its size, depth, etc, so you know when you have fully popped it

He is talking about doing it with a pin or a needle.

If it bleeds with a pin, then it wasnt ready to be popped and it was just aggravated by the pin.

#10 Creme de la Creme

Creme de la Creme

• PreviewVets
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (P.J.W @ Jul 7 2008, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I find it beneficial to pop my white heads.
I do it as follows:

ONLY if the pimple has a visible white head that is raised above the skin.
I take a needle or pin and run it under hot water for about 30 seconds then dip it in disinfectant alcohol (precautionary measures to reduce the risk of infection). I then slowly and gently press the tip of the needle directly into the head of the pimple (VERY SLOWLY) until the tip has JUST breached the skin.
Once I have done this I squeeze (VERY GENTLY) either side of the pimple until only clear fluid or blood appears. (Clear fluid is a good sign, blood means it either wasn't ready to be pricked, you pressed to deep with the needle or you squeezed too hard).

I find that if I empty the contents of a white heads when it's ready, the pimple will subside and disappear far quicker than it would if I left it.

sticking a needle into ur face sounds like a bad idea.