1340 replies to this topic

#41 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 11:21 AM

QUOTE (backdoor_clobber @ Apr 28 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds a bit skeptical to me. Your name is "Waterwater", you joined one day before you posted your log. Your first post is about your frustration, like you've mentally snapped and want to teach your skin a lesson. Instead of posting this after you've achieved actual good skin, you go on forums and talk about how you're going to do it, but you were never part of the forum until this post. Then, as expected, in the end you end up with good skin. Sounds like a movie, too good to be true. I don't buy it. If it really works for whoever is trying this, keep me posted.

I would be skeptical too and you don't have to buy into believing it, thats not what my intentions are, this is simply something that has worked amazing for me and may not for others, but I consider myself extemely well read on acne regardless of when I joined the forum I've been reading for a long time just never felt obligated to chime in, and thats what led to my initial frustration, knowing everything there is to about acne, how its formed, what to do to control it and still not having nice skin, led me to try this and something clicked in my head during the process and now I have clear skin for the first time in 3 years, so I'm just saying maybe some people should evaluate their routines for a while and see what happens, but I"m not a doctor and I'm not trying to start some revolution or sell something.

#42 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

Last time I tried this, I was still using water evreryday which definitely still irritates the heck outta my face. I was also using spf moisturizer on days in the sun. The only thing meant to be on your face is your own sebum. Anyway, I quit on Day 6 or so when I noticed I was super dry, flaky with some whiteheads in oilly places- but my skintone was immaculate compared to even my super gentle regimen now. Needless to say, I'm tryin again with less water and less creams etc starting 2nite. Ill keep ya updated....
Regimen
No Soap/cleansers
Plenty of Epsom salt baths

Diet/supps:
-Whole body Healing from *moderator edit - url removed - please read the board rules* since 7/3/08=no more acne, sebderm, rosacea, sickness

#43 jkom

jkom

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Ridding myself of this damn disease

Posted 28 April 2008 - 03:35 PM

You guys have me wanting to try the no wash thing again right now. I've been a believer in this regimen for a while, but it's hard for me to stop my intensive bp regimen so abrupty because of initial breakouts. My last attempt was last year around this time, but I chickened out and went back to bp because I broke out with a lot of little spots. On bp, I don't get all of those small spots, but I do get single big bitch ones at the worst times.

I'm convinced that if I had stayed the course back then, all of the small spots would have subsided. I was just too impatient. The spots were hardly even noticeable. Sad thing is that as soon as I started bp again, I broke out pretty badly. My face does not handle irritation well, and I think that starting back on bp as abruptly as I had stopped it really irritated my skin.

For the short time that I had stopped using products, though, my face was doing really well aside from the emergence of the small spots. My complexion totally evened out, and red marks/hyperpigmentation were not nearly as intense. I definitely plan on trying this regimen again, but I've been cutting out the bp very very slowly to reduce the initial breakout before I completely stop using it. I'm getting close to this point, and I may consider stopping again at the end of June. BP does keep me clear usually, so it's harder for me to say f*ck it and make a radical change.

EDIT: I started looking back on my old posts, and found a good quote from my last experience with the do nothing regimen:

"For the past week, I've stopped using any form of treatment again, and I don't even wash my face with soap on regular basis. My skin hasn't looked this healthy since the last time I stopped, and I haven't had any spots. We'll see how long it lasts this time. If I do break out again, I'll probably go back on bp, but I'm going to use it very sparingly. It makes my skin look like complete crap, and marks take forever to heal. I'd rather just deal with a few spots and have an overall healthy complexion at this point."

Well, I did get those small spots, and I did go back on bp, but I did not use it sparingly.
AM:DKR Cleanser, minimal Alpha Hydrox AHA w/ Jojoba oil (2 drops)
PM (Tues, Thurs, Sat, Sun):DKR Cleanser, 15 min., DKR BP, Cetaphil lotion/Alpha Hydrox AHA (1:5) Jojoba oil (5 drops)

PM (MWF): Use AM routine.

Supplements:
AM: fish oil x 2, calcium+vit D, aloe vera gel capsule
PM: fish oil x 2, zinc (30 mg), B-50 complex, garlic capsule, vit D, flaxseed oil
Diet:Fairly strict. Lots of fruits and vegetables, chicken, turkey, sometimes beef, nuts, oats and whole grain stuff for fiber. I ONLY drink water.

unless I mess with my routine.

#44 IPA

IPA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:50 PM

Well it's the end of day 1 for me, and my face is super oily and looks like shite! I want to wash it so bad but I know I must resist. It feels like the oil is dripping on my forehead - so nasty. Also I can already see a small patch of dead skin - seems to be working fast. Fortunately tomorrow I don't have anything to do all day so I can stay home and let my face turn into a toilet.

#45 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

I'm glad some people are trying this. I know how shitty it feels to have acne, especially when you're the only one who routinely takes care of your skin among all your friends and their skin looks flawless. Now that my skin is clear its surprising how much I have been surviving and not really living, always checking the mirror hating to be in the light etc., its freedom that I hope every acne sufferer can experience again. I don't think this will help everyone, and I don't think that after ten days or so your skin will be spotless, decreasing the irritation I think is key and then giving your face time to heal, by doing this I was telling myself it was kind of a shock therapy, go extreme for better results, but the biggest thing I got out of it is seeing how my skin reacts when left alone and seeing how it really does repair itself, in time, and knowing from their when I really need to cleanse and when its not just something done habitually.

#46 WantToBeFree

WantToBeFree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:31 AM

Water and Ipod

give us daily status of your skin please smile.gif
The cure to acne:

Stop looking for magic pills.

Take responsibility for your health. Get balanced mentally and eat a healthy diet, preferably RAW. (veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and legumes)

Get out and exercise.

All these things in your body are interlinked.

#47 fucboi

fucboi

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:19 AM

Do u use water to wash your face or just leave it as it is ? I think water is no harm to skin !

#48 WantToBeFree

WantToBeFree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:23 AM

QUOTE (fucboi @ Apr 29 2008, 09:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do u use water to wash your face or just leave it as it is ? I think water is no harm to skin !

The point is to do nothing that strips your skin or makes it dry
The cure to acne:

Take responsibility for your health. Get balanced mentally and eat a healthy diet, preferably RAW. (veggies, fruits, seeds, nuts and legumes)

Get out and exercise.

#49 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:44 AM

QUOTE (fucboi @ Apr 29 2008, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

water does irritate my skin. I think rinsing once every couple days would be fine though...
Regimen
No Soap/cleansers

Diet/supps:
-Whole body Healing from *moderator edit - url removed - please read the board rules* since 7/3/08=no more acne, sebderm, rosacea, sickness

#50 IPA

IPA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:49 AM

I woke up this morning and my face wasn't as oily as it was last night. However it is already starting to get pretty oily now. I also had a whitehead on my chin last night but it's healing, and now I have another one right next to it. Overall though, it seems to be more even toned.

#51 SknBClear

SknBClear

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:59 AM

QUOTE (Waterwater @ Apr 12 2008, 02:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why am I doing this, honestly, it's because I'm frustrated. I never had acne until turning 20 and am now almost 23, everday I wake up I want to rip my face off and go back to the days when my face was normal. I've tried all different regimens, things that are too harsh dry my face, take a simplistic approach and I have oil and dead skin everywhere. I've been to 3 derms and they all give different things that never really work. I feel like I have every symptom or diet problem that all these forums proclaim and it just makes me crazy to the point that I have no idea what is really good for my face anymore, so basically I'm quitting, since my face doesn't want to be clean and clear than I won't make it, I'm going to teach it a lesson by not washing it for a month starting actually two days ago the 10th. I know that whatever the outcome will be it will be interesting along the way and I'm trying to look at it as a scientific experiment, maybe leaving it alone will help healing weak acne prone skin? who knows, I don't. As of right now my skin isn't breaking out very badly, I never really have bad acne just bad skin texture and little bumps but if I wash too much than I break out. So my nose is oily and has alot of dead skin and my cheeks are oily and have little bumps I have some dry skin around my mouth too, so we'll see what happens when leaving it all alone for a while.

If you don't wash your face, you'r only hurting yourself in the long run.

#52 White Fox

White Fox

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:18 AM

QUOTE (SknBClear @ Apr 29 2008, 08:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why am I doing this, honestly, it's because I'm frustrated. I never had acne until turning 20 and am now almost 23, everday I wake up I want to rip my face off and go back to the days when my face was normal. I've tried all different regimens, things that are too harsh dry my face, take a simplistic approach and I have oil and dead skin everywhere. I've been to 3 derms and they all give different things that never really work. I feel like I have every symptom or diet problem that all these forums proclaim and it just makes me crazy to the point that I have no idea what is really good for my face anymore, so basically I'm quitting, since my face doesn't want to be clean and clear than I won't make it, I'm going to teach it a lesson by not washing it for a month starting actually two days ago the 10th. I know that whatever the outcome will be it will be interesting along the way and I'm trying to look at it as a scientific experiment, maybe leaving it alone will help healing weak acne prone skin? who knows, I don't. As of right now my skin isn't breaking out very badly, I never really have bad acne just bad skin texture and little bumps but if I wash too much than I break out. So my nose is oily and has alot of dead skin and my cheeks are oily and have little bumps I have some dry skin around my mouth too, so we'll see what happens when leaving it all alone for a while.

WHY?

Do you think humans are supposed to get warm/hot water running down their body evry day two times a day.
Humans are probably meant by nature to run around catching food and sweating and maybe take a bath in the ocean or a lake in the forest every now and then:)

#53 ryudoadema

ryudoadema

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (SknBClear @ Apr 29 2008, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd have to say even IF slathering chemicals on your face is helping your acne, it is not going to make your skin healthier. Most ingredients in cleansers etc have some kind of cancer causing hazard or turn into estrogens when they are absorbed by the skin. Now how are we gonna b hurting ourselves in the long run again?
Regimen
No Soap/cleansers

Diet/supps:

#54 backdoor_clobber

backdoor_clobber

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:11 AM

Lol, i read back and realized wtf i was thinking...trying to be ninja or something. What was your skin condition before this? Do you have pictures before and now? If possible can you post or pm to me? I'm kind of like you in a way, I always believe simple methods worked. During summer I had a time where I was completely clear, and I didn't do much to my skin except for cleanse. I was so lazy that sometimes I skipped washing my face because I thought my skin was pretty good already, and it stayed like that. Afterward, I got greedy and started using oil blotting papers and it made me break out. Been constantly taking care of that breakout but it just been getting worse and worse as more and more acne is forming. I mainly have bumps like you, which I assume are whiteheads. I only have these red marks under some whiteheads. I still have a few inflamed acne on my nose, but I really think I've been doing too much to my skin. Simple is good in my opinion. I pondered about the same theories as you too. How the hell do people before deal with their skin? The human body is pretty amazing, I don't think it was designed to have all these chemicals put on to treat itself. Our immune systems are efficient and I realized that our bodies should be able to take care of minor problems by itself. One thing I want to know is if your oily skin really got less oily signifcantly after doing this. Cause during the summer I had like slightly oily skin, ever since I been applying all these chemicals for the past months, I realized my skin has gotten a lot damn oilier. Could be my hormones though, I'm 16 and half now.

#55 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (WantToBeFree @ Apr 29 2008, 08:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Water and Ipod

I have one small pimple on my temple and its almost gone, everything else is completely clear. I rinsed my face last night for the first time since friday, I do that now about every 3 to 5 days and I'm staying really clear.

#56 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (backdoor_clobber @ Apr 29 2008, 11:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Lol, i read back and realized wtf i was thinking...trying to be ninja or something. What was your skin condition before this? Do you have pictures before and now? If possible can you post or pm to me? I'm kind of like you in a way, I always believe simple methods worked. During summer I had a time where I was completely clear, and I didn't do much to my skin except for cleanse. I was so lazy that sometimes I skipped washing my face because I thought my skin was pretty good already, and it stayed like that. Afterward, I got greedy and started using oil blotting papers and it made me break out. Been constantly taking care of that breakout but it just been getting worse and worse as more and more acne is forming. I mainly have bumps like you, which I assume are whiteheads. I only have these red marks under some whiteheads. I still have a few inflamed acne on my nose, but I really think I've been doing too much to my skin. Simple is good in my opinion. I pondered about the same theories as you too. How the hell do people before deal with their skin? The human body is pretty amazing, I don't think it was designed to have all these chemicals put on to treat itself. Our immune systems are efficient and I realized that our bodies should be able to take care of minor problems by itself. One thing I want to know is if your oily skin really got less oily signifcantly after doing this. Cause during the summer I had like slightly oily skin, ever since I been applying all these chemicals for the past months, I realized my skin has gotten a lot damn oilier. Could be my hormones though, I'm 16 and half now.

I mentioned in early posts what my skin condition was like prior, I can send you a pic now of my skin clear but I may have trouble finding a close up of what it was like before since I wasn't comfortable doing that.

#57 WantToBeFree

WantToBeFree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Waterwater @ Apr 29 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Water and Ipod

I have one small pimple on my temple and its almost gone, everything else is completely clear. I rinsed my face last night for the first time since friday, I do that now about every 3 to 5 days and I'm staying really clear.

Are you oily or dry?

You used to be oily and dry right?

I'm doing a softcore version of what you guys are doing. All I do spray my face with ACV morning and night, no rubbing, I just leave it on. I just love it too much.. It does great things for my acne and redmarks.
The cure to acne:

Get out and exercise.

#58 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (WantToBeFree @ Apr 29 2008, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Waterwater @ Apr 29 2008, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Water and Ipod

Are you oily or dry?

You used to be oily and dry right?

I'm doing a softcore version of what you guys are doing. All I do spray my face with ACV morning and night, no rubbing, I just leave it on. I just love it too much.. It does great things for my acne and redmarks.

Yes, my face was dry, underneath oil that would accumulate during the day. Now it's not dry or oily, I believe because my skin better absorbs the oil produced, my skin is going to produce the same amount of oil regardless thats been shown in different studies, but it looks like less now because its not just sitting on top of my skin.

#59 shaty

shaty

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

I read some points on when you talk about the oil function on the skin. Would it be good to wash with a gentle cleanser and afterwards apply an oil like jojoba or emu oil all over the face instead of not washing?

#60 backdoor_clobber

backdoor_clobber

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:01 PM

Hey could you send me a pic? Also what do you mean by oily and dry skin?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users