1338 replies to this topic

#21 nfallin00

nfallin00

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 April 2008 - 04:51 PM

Hey waterwater..

Actually yes I have been using a harsh cleanser but only for my cheek area really and it's only on for a few seconds. It was a BP cleanser by Oxy. I decided to try this out because it seemed like my face was always having a hard time healing even though new stuff wasn't popping up. So far things are good at the end of day two. My face isn't erupting, but I do have something popping up on my cheek. I'll keep you posted on how things are going...my face is a little oily but it's not like I'm dripping. And I just have a question...do you wash like every five days and is it at night before you go to sleep?

#22 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 12:46 PM

I'm anxious to see how your face will respond to whatever pops up, if in fact something does, if your experience is like mine, what does surface will go away so much faster than anytime I've ever used cleansers. With regards to your question I would do what your doing for like ten days and just pay attention to how your face reacts, after doing this I think you'll have a better idea of when to wash because alot of times we do things out of routine instead of necessity thats the habit I was trying to break during this and recently I've been washing about once every 3 to 5 days depending on what I do in the time between. Also, I always wash in the shower at the end of the day and I just let cool/lukewarm water rinse over my face for about five seconds without using my hands at all and then let it air dry, I think if you wash in the morning you strip your face of the oils that protect you during the day from the sun etc. Hope this helps, and don't get discouraged in the beginning, not alot of things if any heal on your body in a matter of days sometimes weeks.

#23 nfallin00

nfallin00

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

Thanks for your wisdom. Yeah ten days sounds like a good idea. It feels funny going out in public because you know you haven't washed your face but you've showered for the day. So far things are really good. The thing that has popped up on my cheek isn't like what would usually form and I think it's really trying to heal itself. This is definately helping with redmarks it looks like (I don't have too many just a few spots).

It's interesting..I was reading a piece from a magazine online about a lady in the journalism industry. She was one who would buy all the creams for wrinkles and would shower everyday, put makeup on, and thought she was just going overboard with everything. So she decided to do an experiment where she wasn't going to shower or clean anything for 40 days. At the end her hair was greasy and her teeth were disgusting but she stated that her face was absolutely radiant and was the best it had been in years.

I thought that was interesting.

#24 IPA

IPA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:12 PM

First off, I've read of this thing before a few times on this website, but don't remember anyone having much success with it. So it's awesome that you're seeing it work Waterwater!

QUOTE (nfallin00 @ Apr 25 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remembered back when I went on a camping trip (I was on pro-active at the time..and it was working) but I forgot my stuff, so I thought "oh great my face is gonna be ruined after this trip". I ended up not washing my face, sweating like crazy hiking and such and my face had cleared up totally by the end of it and my skin seemed to be healthier.

OMG! The exact same thing happened to me last year! I went camping with the family for a weekend and never showered or washed my face until I got back. My acne cleared up wonderfully! I was completely amazed and confused. But it all really makes sense now!

Also, I shower daily and every time I get out of the shower my face looks its worse. Color is so uneven and red marks are extremely visible. I hate it. I always look my best in the morning when I wake up before I take my shower. It makes sense though!!

I think I'm going to try this though! It really makes sense to me, especially since I've experienced it before! I'm psyched biggrin.gif

(btw I have very mild acne. mostly small bumps and a few whiteheads here and there - controlling my diet seems to be the key but red marks/uneven tone piss me off!)

#25 junebug1991

junebug1991

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:14 PM

QUOTE (nfallin00 @ Apr 27 2008, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your wisdom. Yeah ten days sounds like a good idea. It feels funny going out in public because you know you haven't washed your face but you've showered for the day. So far things are really good. The thing that has popped up on my cheek isn't like what would usually form and I think it's really trying to heal itself. This is definately helping with redmarks it looks like (I don't have too many just a few spots).

It's interesting..I was reading a piece from a magazine online about a lady in the journalism industry. She was one who would buy all the creams for wrinkles and would shower everyday, put makeup on, and thought she was just going overboard with everything. So she decided to do an experiment where she wasn't going to shower or clean anything for 40 days. At the end her hair was greasy and her teeth were disgusting but she stated that her face was absolutely radiant and was the best it had been in years.

I thought that was interesting.

Lol! You really don't want to neglect the teeth at the same time =O
Hmm...I wonder what cavewomen looked like...lovely skin but ratty hair and decayed teeth? How did the human race survive? oompf.gif

#26 Kimothy

Kimothy

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 07:46 PM

Hmmm ok a few questions:

1. When you wash your face every 3 to 5 days are you using a cleanser of JUST water?

2. Are you still washing your body every day?

3. Are you also trying to not touch your face with your hands throughout the week or does this not matter?

4. Do you ever wipe the oil of with a tissue or anything during the day?

I MIGHT be willing to try this.

#27 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:30 PM

Kimothy,

1) Just water in the shower always at night, never hot or it dries my skin, for about five seconds without using my hands just let the pressure of the water do its thing, then air dry.
2) I wash my body about every other day, from the beginning I've also been washing my body differently as well, after the first couple of days without washing the face I became really big on the idea of natural oil taking care of your skin so I only use soap and such on the necessary parts, feet armpits etc, and then just let water do the rest, i"ve always had dark skin but still had to use sunscreen, over the last week I haven't put any on and my skin is the tannest its ever been and looks really good not reddish tan its a dark brown I haven't seen since I was a child. But the days I don't want to wash my face and take a shower I just wet the rest of my body.
3)I always have avoided touching my face, but it was pretty hard while doing this because I did have dead skin especially on my nose but I decided not to scrape anything at all because its just added irritation and I believe that underneath what was going on the surface was a healing process I didn't want to disturb, I figure once the skin is healthy underneath, whats on top will go away on its own, and it happened, its now been over two weeks and my nose is completely clear of dead skin and any blemishes, every thing looks normal. So I just try to avoid touching my face with anything.

Also, I'm super incredibly baked right now..... and have been for like three days, first time in two years because it always made me break out within hours, now my face stays perfectly clear. I don't think this will work for everyone, but it fucking works for me, so I party.

#28 indoorkid

indoorkid

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:40 PM

so you haven't gotten any new acne or anything since starting? I've been thinking of just washing with water, or nothing at all for a while . I will probably start during the summer though. Do you ever use lotion?

#29 favre4

favre4

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

waterwater, how oily was your face at first??

#30 nfallin00

nfallin00

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (iPodAddict @ Apr 27 2008, 08:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
First off, I've read of this thing before a few times on this website, but don't remember anyone having much success with it. So it's awesome that you're seeing it work Waterwater!

QUOTE (nfallin00 @ Apr 25 2008, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I remembered back when I went on a camping trip (I was on pro-active at the time..and it was working) but I forgot my stuff, so I thought "oh great my face is gonna be ruined after this trip". I ended up not washing my face, sweating like crazy hiking and such and my face had cleared up totally by the end of it and my skin seemed to be healthier.

OMG! The exact same thing happened to me last year! I went camping with the family for a weekend and never showered or washed my face until I got back. My acne cleared up wonderfully! I was completely amazed and confused. But it all really makes sense now!

Also, I shower daily and every time I get out of the shower my face looks its worse. Color is so uneven and red marks are extremely visible. I hate it. I always look my best in the morning when I wake up before I take my shower. It makes sense though!!

I think I'm going to try this though! It really makes sense to me, especially since I've experienced it before! I'm psyched biggrin.gif

(btw I have very mild acne. mostly small bumps and a few whiteheads here and there - controlling my diet seems to be the key but red marks/uneven tone piss me off!)

Yeah man for sure try it, that's what I'm doing. For now my face is looking a lot healthier and isn't erupting or anything. I believe it's helping a lot better with red marks than anything else I've tried so far. The only active thing is just this whitehead on the side of my cheek that was there before I started this. It seems like it's trying to heal.

Good luck!

#31 favre4

favre4

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 12:50 AM

nfallin, how bad is your acne to begin with and how much has it improved since you stopped washing?

#32 nfallin00

nfallin00

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 01:03 AM

Starting this my acne wasn't very bad at all to tell you the truth. A couple months ago I was about moderate with acne badly covering both my cheeks and then I discovered my problem was insulin related so I've been taking DIM and chromium picolinate. Those supplements got me down to a few spots and jawline acne and red marks.

I'm mainly doing this because washing my face with a harsh cleanser hasn't felt healthy and the spots that I do have haven't been going away. So I'm trying this out.

So far my overall complexion is looking way better and the spots that I have are healing. I'm only 4 days in though.

How bad is your acne?

#33 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (favre4 @ Apr 27 2008, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
waterwater, how oily was your face at first??

I saw the most oil on my face after day two, by day four I guess it soaked into my face because it didn't look oily at all. But, I've always had oily skin, now its been a couple of weeks since starting this and my face never looks oily, just like normal skin, I was used to dry and red even if clear, which never looks healthy.

#34 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 07:05 AM

QUOTE (indoorkid @ Apr 27 2008, 10:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so you haven't gotten any new acne or anything since starting? I've been thinking of just washing with water, or nothing at all for a while . I will probably start during the summer though. Do you ever use lotion?

No, I did get new acne when doing this, but it was the same amount as before and it healed ten times faster, after a while though things quit coming. I haven't had anything in a week now but thats after about two weeks of doing it. I would never use lotion, if you need lotion than your irritating your skin too much I think. Don't mistake dead skin for dry skin either, dead is good it means your skin is healing underneath, i believe, and dry means obviously your weakening your skin.

#35 nfallin00

nfallin00

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:03 AM

Waterwater...haha my face feels disgusting right now.

Have you read a thread that was from a few years back by alexalmighty......it was very similar to this except he would only go two days or so then wash his face....after four months he swore he was clear.....he said at the beginning he had cysts and whatever.

#36 Waterwater

Waterwater

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (nfallin00 @ Apr 28 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you read a thread that was from a few years back by alexalmighty......it was very similar to this except he would only go two days or so then wash his face....after four months he swore he was clear.....he said at the beginning he had cysts and whatever.

Well think about what is happening, I think you said its been four days?, well four days ago you were washing your face with a chemical, now since that time everything on the surface of your skin has been sitting their because underneath your skin isn't healthy, but it makes no sense to strip everything off and go back to the weak skin underneath, think of what is on top as a film that is shielding your skin as it heals underneath. How do things look. In the beginning my face felt disgusting too, and I was tempted to wipe away the oil and dead skin especially from my nose but I noticed that if I left it alone the zits that popped up went away and all I was left with was dead skin and oil, but after a few weeks this too went away and the skin underneath looked completely normal, its your skins defense mechanism trying to purge all the crap that you've blocked in from sealing your skin with chemicals or anything that irritates. My opinion at least.

#37 WantToBeFree

WantToBeFree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (Waterwater @ Apr 28 2008, 09:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (nfallin00 @ Apr 28 2008, 08:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well think about what is happening, I think you said its been four days?, well four days ago you were washing your face with a chemical, now since that time everything on the surface of your skin has been sitting their because underneath your skin isn't healthy, but it makes no sense to strip everything off and go back to the weak skin underneath, think of what is on top as a film that is shielding your skin as it heals underneath. How do things look. In the beginning my face felt disgusting too, and I was tempted to wipe away the oil and dead skin especially from my nose but I noticed that if I left it alone the zits that popped up went away and all I was left with was dead skin and oil, but after a few weeks this too went away and the skin underneath looked completely normal, its your skins defense mechanism trying to purge all the crap that you've blocked in from sealing your skin with chemicals or anything that irritates. My opinion at least.

I might try this sometime, my face is always dry and tight.. but I just can't stand the feeling when I don't wash. It feels oily, smudgy gross, I prefer dry and tight that's probably why I overwash

#38 backdoor_clobber

backdoor_clobber

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 09:57 AM

Sounds a bit skeptical to me. Your name is "Waterwater", you joined one day before you posted your log. Your first post is about your frustration, like you've mentally snapped and want to teach your skin a lesson. Instead of posting this after you've achieved actual good skin, you go on forums and talk about how you're going to do it, but you were never part of the forum until this post. Then, as expected, in the end you end up with good skin. Sounds like a movie, too good to be true. I don't buy it. If it really works for whoever is trying this, keep me posted.

#39 IPA

IPA

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (backdoor_clobber @ Apr 28 2008, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds a bit skeptical to me. Your name is "Waterwater", you joined one day before you posted your log. Your first post is about your frustration, like you've mentally snapped and want to teach your skin a lesson. Instead of posting this after you've achieved actual good skin, you go on forums and talk about how you're going to do it, but you were never part of the forum until this post. Then, as expected, in the end you end up with good skin. Sounds like a movie, too good to be true. I don't buy it. If it really works for whoever is trying this, keep me posted.

He isn't the only one. Search around, there are a lot of older threads (back to 2004) about this same thing.

#40 WantToBeFree

WantToBeFree

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (backdoor_clobber @ Apr 28 2008, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Strong paranoia smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users