Photo

Does retin-a micro help with red marks, hyperpigmentation, and mild scarring??

red mark hyperpigmentation

6 replies to this topic

#1 leepinglizards

leepinglizards

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 April 2008 - 10:42 AM

Does it help?

#2 RUStillDown

RUStillDown

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 April 2008 - 09:49 AM

well i know i tried retin-a for about 5-6 month and i never saw any effects on my redmarks...
Moments Can Define You, Moments Can Delight You And Moments Can Change Your Life
Heres To The Moment And Squeezing All You Can Out Of Every Last Single One Of Them

#3 sweetheart519

sweetheart519

Veteran Member

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:06 PM

I use Differin, same thing basically.

Red marks - some help, but really nothing significant
Mild scarring - greatly improved all of my scars. At least 75% improvement for me. I had probably moderate scarring. Now it's mild. Will take at least 3-6 months to see a difference.
Hyperpigmentation - yes, should help. But will take about a year, according to the study I read.

Cleanser: Purpose, twice a day. Love it!

Rx:
Loestrin Fe 24 (birth control)
Differin .3% gel

Moisturizer: Purpose Moisturizer w/ SPF 15 (morning), La Roche-Posay Toleriane facial fluid (night)

#4 zoomig

zoomig

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 April 2008 - 08:38 AM

if you add hydroquinone 4% to the regimen, it helps immensely. Even mix some hydroquinone and retin a on your finger and then apply to your face. That's what Obagi Regimen calls for. It works fast too!

#5 Sushi891

Sushi891

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me
  • Interests:Track, Tennis<br /><br />Currently a Sophomore in College<br />Nursing Major<br /><br /><br />We're all on this site for a reason. The reason being...to get rid of acne once and for all. Life is stressful enough, having acne is extra weight on the shoulders. Ultimately, we'll get through it with whatever method, one day at a time.

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:19 PM

In a way, retin-a micro does help red marks. However, its a very slow process. I've had red marks since November 2007. Only now it's starting to fade, and it's April 2008. That's six months, half a year. I've been putting retin-a micro on my spots since January, so it's been four months. Retin-a micro promotes skin turnover, which means that skin will continue to shed until an entire layer is new. In essence, with use of this medicine, the dark pigmented layer would eventually slough off. But from what my dermatologist has told me, red marks will fade away in time, don't try to do abrasive things on your face. Just live your life, and the red marks will soon fade. Believe me, I know where you're coming from. In time it will fade, retin-a micro will help.
Morning:
1. Wash face with Basic Calming Soap
2. Duac Topical Gel
3. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion (noncomedogenic)

Night:
1. Wash face with Basic Calming Soap
2. Retin-A Micro Pump

#6 ms.brightside

ms.brightside

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (zoomig @ Apr 11 2008, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you add hydroquinone 4% to the regimen, it helps immensely. Even mix some hydroquinone and retin a on your finger and then apply to your face. That's what Obagi Regimen calls for. It works fast too!

My derm just prescribed hydroquinone to me for some melasma I developed while I was pregnant. I googled it and found that it's supposedly banned in some countries because it's a known carcinogen and is also linked to oncronosis. EEK! Does anyone know how legit that is?
AM
- Cetaphil normal/oily cleanser
- wait 10 minutes, 10% mandelic acid

PM
- Cetaphil normal/oily cleanser w/ baby brush
- wait 30 minutes, .025% tretinoin gel

100% aloe vera as moisturizer, only when needed.

#7 sid99

sid99

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (ms.brightside @ Apr 15 2008, 05:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (zoomig @ Apr 11 2008, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My derm just prescribed hydroquinone to me for some melasma I developed while I was pregnant. I googled it and found that it's supposedly banned in some countries because it's a known carcinogen and is also linked to oncronosis. EEK! Does anyone know how legit that is?

Got that right! Use something with Kojic Acid, does the same thing (inhibits tyrosine, the catalase responsible in the production of melanin).
Life has a phase for everything, this is just one of them.

Visit My Accutane Log

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users