Photo

I have a hole in my chin

pop zinc

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

#1 ~jess~

~jess~

Formally Listen2cky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

I'm an idiot. I had a small pimple on my chin that I tried to pop but ended up damaging the skin. The next day the skin around was all yellow and soft and rubbed off as I was washing my face and left me with red raw skin and a hole. Its been a week and the hole looks even deeper now, about 2mm which I am sure means it will be a nice big scar and about 5mm in diameter - so a big noticeable wierd looking hole in my chin. Its gone through a few stages: it started red, raw and weepy, then went yellowish and scabby, then white and scaly now its a deep hole with a pink and white bumpy texture. I used tea tree oil and sudocream (zinc cream) for the first few days, and now I'm just using sudocream and aloe vera gel. What the hell is going on? How do I help it heal? I'm really concerned about how it looks and I've been hiding away but I cant keep doing that sad.gif sad.gif . Any advice would be muchly appreciated. Thanks.

#2 ~jess~

~jess~

Formally Listen2cky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 29 March 2008 - 10:20 PM

Anyone else had a similar experience at least? unsure.gif

#3 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:02 AM

Oh my goodness, how I can sure relate. I did the same thing in Jan 06...thinking mine was a pimple but it was a bump on the right side of my chin. Mine got severely infected and a deep hole was in my chin as well. It honestly felt like someone took an icecream scoop to my chin as thats how deep and big it was. I had to go out and about wearing a bandage on my chin..I tried every cream and oinment out there but to be honest with you...polysporin did the trick as well as LILT (low intensity light therapy) in helping it heal. Read up on it at www.aegislasertherapy.com.
Even though its been just over tow years now I am left with some dead skin scar tissue in that area. I had a cortisone injection in the area in Dec but currently am using Bio oil on the area to help soften it.

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub
Garnier Toner

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector

Garnier Skin Renew Daily Moisturizer

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner
ExtraStrength Zincofax on any postacneic red marks

#4 Wynne

Wynne

Look into kitty's eyes....you're feeling polite and kind

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

I like polysporin myself; I'd try that at night with a bandaid until the wound is completely healed. You might consider using a retinoid (prescription strength) as those will help modify scars. One scar, don't worry about it so much. I doubt that anyone else sees it or notices it like you yourself do.

Take responsibility for your health; read the full prescribing information for any medication you take and understand that not all risks or potential side effects will likely ever be fully known.

=Regimen: Cetaphil Sensitive Skin Bar & Avon Anew Advanced Clinical Retexturizing Peel every day & Queen Helene Mint Julep mask weekly=
*Glycolic Acid Product Recommendations *What to do with a cyst/pimple/zit

Wynne 2.9Beta Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger

Please ask questions on the boards, not via PM. That way all benefit. Thanks!

#5 ~jess~

~jess~

Formally Listen2cky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 12:33 AM

Thanks. Ive heard polysporin does the trick but unfortunately you csnt get it here in Australia without a perscription so i'll have to see if i can get in to see the doc asap.

#6 ~jess~

~jess~

Formally Listen2cky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 03:39 AM

Update: family member suggested I use bactroban on it... I'll see if that helps, hopefully it doesnt get worse although I honestly cant imagine it could get much worse than it already is.

#7 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 4
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:06 AM

I think using an antibacterial to help heal it is a good idea. If it still seems like a raw, open wound I wouldn't use any acne topicals on it until it starts to heal up. If it doesn't improve much in the next few days, maybe see a doctor?

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460

#8 ayla

ayla

dum spiro, spero

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 6
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:11 AM

Definitely use the bactroban, am and pm. Wash gently but thoroughly twice per day. Hot (not scalding) compresses can be used to speed circulation and hasten healing (4 times per day is ideal).

The white bumpiness is more than likely tissue granulation - meaning it is healing. Just keep it clean, and keep your hands off.

Good luck!
It is like a reason that picks you up
And places you
Where you always wanted
To be.

*Moderator edit - Linking to websites other than Acne.org in your signature is not allowed*

#9 -=Greg=-

-=Greg=-

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:33 AM

I had a mild staph infection awhile back which resulted in some very inlamed and itchy pimples along my jawline. Anyway, I had one very inflamed looking pimple next to my chin and I popped/scratched it and after pain died down was left a deepish looking scar. All I had on me was some vaseline at the time so I just coated that on it to keep the moisture in which supposedly helps things heal quicker. Within two days it scabbed over and all I was left with was a slightly red hole.

About a week later it was very faint red with some white bumps in it and a few months later it was barely noticable. I still have a slight hole there after a few years but it is (almost) even with my skin depth and tone and there is a tiny little bit of white skin in the middle of it, which I think is relatively common with this time of infection.

Just do as the others say and use the bactroban day and night, keep the area clean, don't pick at it and most importantly, don't worry about it too much. In a month or so it will match your natural skin tone and may even raise a little bit. Besides, even with one hole on your chin you will still look beautiful regardless biggrin.gif

#10 ~jess~

~jess~

Formally Listen2cky

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 30 March 2008 - 04:41 PM

Thank you Willow, Ayla and Greg for the advice and support wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

#11 Shandon5

Shandon5

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 07 April 2008 - 09:51 PM

QUOTE (~jess~ @ Mar 30 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you Willow, Ayla and Greg for the advice and support wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

So what am I then, chopped liver? I was the first one to respond and suggested the polysporin part. Just kidding..I am not offended that I was not included in the thanks

Shandon

Daily Regimen

AM
Cetaphil Facewash
St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub
Garnier Toner

Garnier Skin Renew Dark Spot Corrector

Garnier Skin Renew Daily Moisturizer

Pur Cosmetics

PM
Cetaphil Facewash
Garnier Toner
ExtraStrength Zincofax on any postacneic red marks

#12 willow569

willow569

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:32 AM

QUOTE (Shandon5 @ Apr 7 2008, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (~jess~ @ Mar 30 2008, 04:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what am I then, chopped liver? I was the first one to respond and suggested the polysporin part. Just kidding..I am not offended that I was not included in the thanks

Well, your polysporin advice WAS buried in the middle of your message among other things - maybe she just didn't see it? I didn't see it at first either.

A.M.

-Face Reality Sensitive Skin Cleansing Gel
-Finacea
-MD Formulations AOX Hydrating Gel and/or MD Formulations AOX Lotion (on drier areas)
-Mix a few drops of Niacinamide Gel with Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin

P.M.

-Face Reality Silica scrub
-Derm A Gel 2 out of 3 nights, PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads every 3rd night
-Mix Face Reality Hydrating Emulsion with Metazine Niacinamide Gel
-Face Reality's 2.8% BPO (chin only).

*Spot treat any inflamed lesions with Aczone
*Spot treat clogged pores with 8% mandelic

*Diet: Vitamin C and zinc supplements, avoid dairy, avoid iodine, mimimize sugar and salt, avoid peanuts

I also get facials at Face Reality Acne and Skin Care Clinic every 4-6 wks.

My lengthy log:
http://www.acne.org/...p...1620&st=460