Photo

A concealer to fill in deep acne scars?

make-up concealer

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pinky_Lou

Pinky_Lou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

I have significantly deep acne scars and can find no make-up that helps with hiding their pitted appearance. Now, I'm a realistic girl. I know that I won't ever have a flawless face, not even with make up on. I just want some suggestions on what concealer would be the best choice for somewhat filling them in.
As of right now, I use some kind of Cover Girl concealer. It is in liquid form. It seems to draw even more attention to my craters, and well, I'm sick of it.
Thank you for reading!
Oh, and if you decide to respond then please keep in mind I don't have flat marks, I have very pitted scars. Imagine the moon!

#2 Jenstar

Jenstar

Jenstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:02 PM

I used Covergirl liquid concealer and found it too light in consistency. I now use Dermablend Smooth Indulgence with great results. Dermablend has some great products for helping people with scarring. Check out their website.

#3 Pinky_Lou

Pinky_Lou

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Jenstar @ Jan 11 2008, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used Covergirl liquid concealer and found it too light in consistency. I now use Dermablend Smooth Indulgence with great results. Dermablend has some great products for helping people with scarring. Check out their website.

Thanks much for your reply. I have actually looked into Dermablend. The only question/concern I have is whether it would break me out. I'm still prone to acne and cysts.

#4 acne_battle

acne_battle

this is Ollie, my parents cat which I took a pic of on my b day

• Banned
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 38
About Me

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

I really like the concealer with a greenstick they sell at the body shop

#5 Jenstar

Jenstar

Jenstar

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (Pinky_Lou @ Jan 11 2008, 10:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks much for your reply. I have actually looked into Dermablend. The only question/concern I have is whether it would break me out. I'm still prone to acne and cysts.

I was also concerned about this until I found the following info from their website:

12. Is Dermablend made for all skin types? Will it make me break out? Dermablend cosmetics adhere to the following strict Dermatological and Efficacy Standards:

* Dermatologist tested
* Allergy tested
* Fragrance free
* Non-comedogenic
* Non-acnegenic
* Water-resistant*
* Smudge-resistant*
* Long lasting up to 16 hours*

* With Setting Powder

Here is a direct link for the Dermablend concealer I use:
http://www.dermablen...x?prodID=100055
I bought mine from ebay for a lot cheaper.

This might also help you. Look under the 'Scars' heading.
http://www.dermablen...nCondition.aspx

#6 LM_06

LM_06

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 11 January 2008 - 10:53 PM

This is a very good thread. Jenstar, I'm definitely keeping your dermablend suggestion in mind. There might be days in the future where I want to hide some imperfections for special occasions / meetings / photos .. and dermablend might be the ticket. For day to day I get by now, but there's always important days that need more. Thank you!

#7 Farfetched

Farfetched

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 July 2008 - 09:53 PM

I have deep pitted scars and dermablend covered them somewhat but they are still visible not the coverage i was hoping for

#8 Beckham Girl

Beckham Girl

Dreams come true, not free.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 13 July 2008 - 01:19 PM

I think your best bet would be to start using a high quality primer (smashbox is my personal fave) It's meant to fill in pores and give your skin an overall healthy look. You could then try concealer, but I think in this case that it would only highlight your problem areas instead of masking them.

#9 VanityLove

VanityLove

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:17 PM

i also have deep acne scars on my face. eventhough i could completely covered the redness or the dark scars i also wanted a make up that will help improve the deep rolling acne scars on my face. i honestly feel that no concealer or foundation will ever help to cover the indent coz its just ridiculous. its liquid and it will b gone even though how thick u put it or even if u set with the greatest setting powder or concealer. but i was checking out make up forever website and clicked on the special effect products. they have some kind of wax or sculpt gel for faking wounds or scars for theatrical makeup. i think if we could apply a thin small amount to fill the indent, then cover them up with concealer or mineral or liquid foundatn and set it with loose powder, MAYBE it could help? i dont know i havent tried it yet. if u do, pls let me know. so desperate to cover these, laser treatment is too expensive.

#10 AlisonB

AlisonB

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 03 September 2011 - 03:33 PM

I'm going to try Benefit Porefessional when I can afford it (it costs £23.50 & £4.50 P&P here in the UK shock.gif ) - hopefully next month. It is designed to be used as like a spackle/polyfiller for the face. There are a lot of mixed reviews about it, but after reading them I think a lot of people thought it was a primer for the whole face and designed to control oil. It isn't, although some people have found that it does help with their oil.

The problem with it seems to be that you have to find the best way to apply it that suits you. It can be used with other primers and concealers and applied under or over foundation, but which ever you choose, basically once it is in place you need to avoid smudging it too much and ruining the effect.

This YT video shows what it is like - the guy is very OTT, hang in there (he used to use Smashbox btw).

One point I would make is that this product is one of the most common fake cosmetic products found on line. eBay and Amazon are rife with fake versions, which is an absolute bummer because I usually buy to try off eBay. Now though even if I bought a nearly full tube, I wouldn't be able to tell if it was the real thing or not. So I am going to splurge on the real thing first from the Benefit website or Boots and if I like it I might think about buying more off eBay, as I know I can get a refund if it is fake. Mind you apparently one tube does last and I don't wear makeup every day, so it could be a long time before the day comes when I need to replace my original tube! biggrin.gif