can someone reccomend me some products to use in lauras regimen please.
maybe some products i can find in ontario and in shoppers drug mart or another store in this area. please and thank you
I think finding products in the drugstore for that regimen might be a bit difficult. If you are willing to order products online, I could probably make some products recommendations for you.
i was also wondering if anyone had any recomendations. i wouldnt mind ordering stuff online! i am just kinda lost though as to where to find some of this stuff. i wanna make sure i dont spend money on something that ends up having ingredients i didnt know were bad.
Here are my recs for products:
Cleansing scrub: either Face Reality's Silica Scrub - order at facerealityacneclinic.com or Vivant's Buffing Grains at betterhealtyskin.com (you might also find the Vivant scrub on e-bay)
Toner: Just a few that I checked out where the ingredients seem to be okay for acne prone skin. I haven't used these myself, but based on the ingredients, they look ok to me. Unless you are using a pretty mild exfoliant and lower strength BPO with your regimen, I would recommend avoiding active ingredients in your toner like glycolic, salicylic or mandelic acid. The only toner below that has any active acne ingredients like this is the Vivant toner, which has a tiny amount of glycolic. If you are only using a mild exfoliant (e.g., a 10% mandelic product), you can use it. Otherwise, I would go with one of the other toners.
1. Peter Thomas Roth – Aloe Tonic Mist
2. The Body Shop – Aloe Calming Toner, for Sensitive Skin
3. Sephora – Face Refreshing Toner
4. Sephora – Face Soothing Toner
5. Clinique – Moisture Surge Face Spray Thirsty Skin Relief
6. Jason Natural – Red Elements Calming Toner
7. Vivant normalizing tonic (has glycolic, but low concentration)
Benzoyl Peroxide product: I would go for at least a 5% BPO product, unless you are very sensitive to it. The 2.5% BPO is great for inflamed acne, but generally doesn't work quite as well for noninflamed acne.
10% BP Products:
1. PanOxyl Aqua Gel, Maximum Strength acne treatment (10%)
2. Benzoyl Peroxide 10 – MD Formulations
3. Vivant Benzoyl Peroxide 10% Gel Medication
4. Benzac AC Gel 10%
5% BP Products:
5. Benzax AC Gel 5% Benzoyl Peroxide or any 5% BP from medical pharmacy
6. Acne Solutions Emergency Gel Lotion – Clinique (5% BP)
7. Mary Kay Acne Treatment Gel (5% BP)
8. DDF (Doctor’s Dermatologic Formula) – BP Gel 5% with Tea Tree Oil
2.5% BP products:
15. Bioelements Breakout Control (2.5%)
16. Stri-dex power pads (2.5%)
17. Dans BP (2.5%)
Exfoliant: I prefer mandelic serums over glycolic products. I think they are much better at getting rid of noninflamed acne. Some good options:
1. Vivant 15% mandelic serum (available at betterhealthyskin.com)
2. NuCelle 10% or 15% mandelic (NuCelle has a website you can order from)
3. Garden of Wisdom 10 or 15% mandelic (GOW also has a website).
After your skin gets adapted to the products you might also consider adding an OTC retinoid - I really like Vivant's products - they have 3 strengths (Derm A Gel, Exfol-A and Exfol-A Forte). Lots of people also seem to really like Green Cream, which also comes in 3 strengths.
Moisturizer: Either get one with SPF, or get both a moisturizer and seperate sunscreen.
1. Face Reality's Cranberry Cream (order at www.facerealityacneclinic.com). I use this one and really like it. They also have a lighter, water based moisturizer called Hydrating Emulsion. I like that one as well. Neither contain SPF, so you'd need a sunscreen.
2. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Visibly Even Daily SPF Moisturizer
3. Neutrogena Oil Free Fresh Moisture, Ultra-Light Moisturizer
I'll try to add to this list later, but you might also search the boards for moisturizer recs. Also, use one of the lists of comedogenic ingredients to check your products against (lists are available on Face Reality's website and also on zerozits.com).
1. Face Reality's SPF 30 for Acne Prone Skin
2. Neutrogena Dry Touch Sunscreen