Photo

Need a place to start in order to get rid of your red marks from acne?

red mark hyperpigmentation

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
55 replies to this topic

#21 sammyd

sammyd

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 September 2007 - 02:48 AM

Hi there,
I have been on accutane for a month now and my acne is not really subsiding yet. My red marks from my very first spots have not faded even slightly either.
I have lots of dark red marks that are flat against the skin (not pitted) and these scars make my skin look much worse than it actually is.
Can I use any products or do any treatments whilst on accutane?
My skin is very similar to yours- in fact I live in hope that after five months mine will look as yours did after 5 months.
Sam x

#22 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 1
About Me

Posted 22 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

Hi Sammy,

I am not sure who you are talking to when you say your skin looked similar, but I wish you well with the healing of your red marks. Since you are still on Accutane, I would definitely double check with your derm before trying any of the products recommended in the article. As you probably know Accutane decelerates skin's healing ability, so it is best to always double check with your derm.

Celebrating Fishbulb to the fullest...

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.”

#23 acneblue

acneblue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 October 2007 - 02:57 AM

The only thing i can recommend for red marks left from acne is topical vitamin-C. It regenerates collagen on depressed scars and hastens the repair of damaged skin cells. I have a do it yourself instruction on my blog on how to make a homemade topical-vitamin-C

#24 drmemo

drmemo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 14 December 2007 - 10:22 PM

hi,

i'ma 16 years old guy and i have a mild bit of acne on my face and some on my chest and shoulders also. it makes me wanna die, cuz it looks so weird, i dont wanna even look in the miror in the morning. eusa_boohoo.gif im 2 embarrased 2 talk 2 my 'rents bout it, and i wanna fix my skin in secret but i dont have a bank account or credit card, or even much money, so i cant order anything good online. i tried benzol perokside from walmart but it didn't help. i once heard sumething about baking soda or vinigar...? plz sumbody help me, im taking a beating at school for it. redface.gif

thanx

#25 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 16 December 2007 - 02:45 PM

Hi Drmemo,

Welcome to our forum!

This section is for getting rid of red marks after acne. Make sure you check out different titles around the forum because I am sure you will find a lot of help.

I advise you to talk to your parents about your skin. They may be very understanding and take you to the dermatologist who will be more likely to assist you. I know it can be embarrassing, but you will feel much better after opening up to them.

Good luck!

“... as the moon lingers a moment over the bitterroots, before its descent into the invisible, my mind is filled with song. I find I am humming softly; not to the music, but something else; some place else; a place remembered; a field of grass where no one seemed to have been; except a deer; and the memory is strengthened by the feeling of you, dancing in my awkward arms.”

#26 drmemo

drmemo

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:37 PM

OK, sorry bout that. I used 2 be on the forum then it changed its format and i got kicked off it by accident. i had a different name tho.

#27 2689

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 December 2007 - 10:21 PM

i live in canada, but im having a hard time finding stores that sell "Puredeming Intense Gel R-ALA". does anybody know whrere to buy it in canada. and i cannot order it online so my only choice is to buy it with cash.

greatly appreciate the help if u can, n' thnx a bunch.

#28 kirkfloemat

kirkfloemat

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 24 December 2007 - 02:04 AM

Edited by cyclonemehn, 16 August 2012 - 09:24 PM.

#29 YENNEK

YENNEK

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:48 PM

Hey, thanks for the great advice on the first page. I had a quick question... the right lower half of my cheek is covered with red marks. I started breaking out last year and I have no idea why. Neither of my parents had acne nor my sibling. The actual white heads seem to be subsiding but I'm left with red marks all over the place. I'm not sure where to start. I can't seem to find a brand and also can't decide whether a GA or a TCA would be best for my sensitive skin. HELP!

Currently I'm using Neutrogena's Deep Skin Cleanser and using Dan's BP and end my regimen with Olay's Sensitive Skin Moisture therapy cream. If I should change any part of my regimen, I'm definitely open to some advice. BTW- I bought the Cetaphil cleanser (spelling?) and that should be in today. Thanks!

#30 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 27 April 2008 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (YENNEK @ Mar 18 2008, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, thanks for the great advice on the first page. I had a quick question... the right lower half of my cheek is covered with red marks. I started breaking out last year and I have no idea why. Neither of my parents had acne nor my sibling. The actual white heads seem to be subsiding but I'm left with red marks all over the place. I'm not sure where to start. I can't seem to find a brand and also can't decide whether a GA or a TCA would be best for my sensitive skin. HELP!

Currently I'm using Neutrogena's Deep Skin Cleanser and using Dan's BP and end my regimen with Olay's Sensitive Skin Moisture therapy cream. If I should change any part of my regimen, I'm definitely open to some advice. BTW- I bought the Cetaphil cleanser (spelling?) and that should be in today. Thanks!

It sounds like you have some great products there, Yennek; however, they will mostly aid in keeping your skin clear of acne. They will most likely do little for your redmarks.

I would advise you to get something with AHA in it and apply it to your redmarks daily until they fade away.

Good luck. biggrin.gif

#31 Bryan.

Bryan.

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 May 2008 - 12:38 PM

Does GC help with brown marks?

#32 OilyOneCanobe

OilyOneCanobe

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 06 June 2008 - 08:27 AM

Hi

Iv just finished a course of IPL treatments. A little disapointed to be honest, there is improvement but its sooo superficial in comparison to the money i spent. And not to mention a painful treatment.

Im looking into TCA peels next, my clinic is telling me that i should go for the light TCA peels which will cost me quite a lot. But i cant see why i shouldn't just have a medium depth peel instead and it would save me a load of money aswell.

Does anyone know how they would compare light peelx3 vs 1 medium peel.?
Just so you know, i have no acne just scars( red marks).

How about Pixel laser, anyone tried it?

Thanks all:)

#33 Rai

Rai

I love my fake smile. :)

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 05 September 2008 - 02:51 PM

Anyone on here had red marks and got rid of them just by waiting it out and using AHA's?
Accutane started 07/11/08
6 month's completed!
Yasmin BCPno longer on BCP
RoC Purif-AC Soothing Reparator

Click for my accutane log - http://www.acne.org/...wi-t216262.html

"no one will remember today so don't sweat it, look forward to the future"

#34 jharijan

jharijan

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:55 AM

can you still use bp while you are doing the peels? should you still exfoliate regularly and also can you use a aha moisturizer as well?

#35 Kyle H

Kyle H

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 5
About Me

Posted 04 October 2008 - 07:10 PM

QUOTE (jharijan @ Sep 8 2008, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
can you still use bp while you are doing the peels? should you still exfoliate regularly and also can you use a aha moisturizer as well?

Depends on the peels. I personally underwent a series of Vitalize Peels along with an Obagi system and it worked great: the peel has Sacylic Acid in it as does the regimen. One time a day I apply BP to help fight off existing acne while preventing new ones.

Posted Image

#36 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 28 December 2008 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (berdmehn @ Dec 24 2007, 04:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still cant get rid of'em!!!

What have you tried?

QUOTE (Bryan. @ May 26 2008, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does GC help with brown marks?

As far as I know it is not not as effective on brown marks.
QUOTE (Rai @ Sep 5 2008, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone on here had red marks and got rid of them just by waiting it out and using AHA's?

Yes, that is how I got rid of mine. Time definitely helps, but I used products to speed up the process.

QUOTE (jharijan @ Sep 8 2008, 02:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would also say it depends on the peel and how often you are doing the peels.

#37 Kaylee

Kaylee

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 01 January 2009 - 11:07 PM

Thank you for posting this, it was ridiculously helpful!

A.M.
Take one pill Tetracycline
Wash face with Dermalogica for sensitive skin
Spritz with Dermalogica protector
Apply Dermalogica moisturizer
Apply oil-free, mineral based makeup

NOON
Take Yasmin
(if taken with Tetracycline, it can deactivate it)

P.M.
Wash face with Dermalogica for sensitive skin
Spritz with Dermalogica protector
Apply Dermalogica moisturizer
Take second pill

#38 Noel0

Noel0

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 17 January 2009 - 01:10 PM

QUOTE (opportunity @ Jun 13 2007, 05:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys and girls, wavey.gif

This article has a good summary of what really works for red marks. I advise each one of you to read it for more information:

Thanks for the information im going to try the apple cider vinagar ive been reading about it alot and this article just convince me to try

#39 starjen

starjen

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 02 February 2009 - 05:27 PM

I have red post acne marks (but no acne) on both sides of my face. I've tried Bio-Oil, AHA fade creams, vitamin E oil, and fade creams with hydroquinone. Nothing worked...so I went to the derm. My derm recommended Differin to use at night to peel layers of my skin with the marks, but I've been using it for a week and my skin hasn't peeled or even gotten mildly dry. Should I continue utilizing this product and talk to the derm? Also, I've been using Tri-Luma, a bleaching cream that she perscribed, in the morning but there still hasn't been improvement. Does anyone have any RX or drugstore products/treatments to recommend?

#40 *Ariana*

*Ariana*

• Moderators
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 11 February 2009 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (starjen @ Feb 2 2009, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have red post acne marks (but no acne) on both sides of my face. I've tried Bio-Oil, AHA fade creams, vitamin E oil, and fade creams with hydroquinone. Nothing worked...so I went to the derm. My derm recommended Differin to use at night to peel layers of my skin with the marks, but I've been using it for a week and my skin hasn't peeled or even gotten mildly dry. Should I continue utilizing this product and talk to the derm? Also, I've been using Tri-Luma, a bleaching cream that she perscribed, in the morning but there still hasn't been improvement. Does anyone have any RX or drugstore products/treatments to recommend?

Hydroquinone will do nothing for red marks; it does work pretty good for brown marks. I've tried numerous creams with it before I figured it out and then what I found in research supported my experience. I had red marks though and not brown marks. I would recommend doing a few peels. Research about peels in this forum to find the one that is right for you. For other recommendations, you can also read the article on the first page.