Photo

After popping a zit...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 orangejuice_32

orangejuice_32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 05:47 PM

Ok, I have a question. What do you guys do after popping a zit? See, what usually happens to me is that I pop it, let it bleed, wipe the blood away, and then when it's done bleeding and oozing, I just put neosporin on it and wait for the next three or four days for me to be able peel off the dead skin so that the redness from the zit will disappear. The problem is is that I'm sick of having to wait those four days ](*,)

Yeah...I dunno what to do. I guess if I have to live with it, life will move on. Oh, one more question. It seems that when I drink pop, my acne gets really bad. Maybe it's just a psychological thing, but I was just wondering if there was an actual chemical problem with it. I drink water most of the time, but I have to give in for a pop every once in a while, like one every two days or something. Thanks guys...bye. smile.gif

#2 Tai

Tai

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:33 PM

I dont know why you even pop the zit in the first place, DONT POP IT! i you dont even mess with the scabbing let alone poping a zit, i regret everyday because back in my teen years i pop these little sucker, even if the zit is really old or dry, you dont touch it, let it get REALLY dry to the point of just bearly attaching to the skin then flick it off that way there is no red mark at all!

I dont know why you think poping the zit and put neosporin on it will help cause it doent, i tried that but i still get scars, just leave it alone is your best option.

#3 OursFan

OursFan

~ Tamara

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 09:39 PM

It's best not to pop a zit if you can possibly help it. If you pop it you risk exacerbating the situation and possibly scarring worse than if you'd left it alone.

My suggestion to you is for you to treat the pimple with some sort of medicine such as: Benzoyl Peroxide, Salicylic Acid or Tea Tree Oil. Those are not the only medicines out there, just a few examples.

Not sure about the answer to your other question, but diet does effect some peoples' skin. Perhaps the sugar is what could be bothering your skin.
~ Tamara

You cannot perceive beauty but with a serene mind.
- Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862)

Visit My Claravis Journal

#4 imbue

imbue

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 10:00 PM

When we are young....

#5 orangejuice_32

orangejuice_32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 10:32 PM

Ok...so I'll stop popping the little ones. #-o

But what about the HUGE compacted ones. The ones that won't seem to go away unless you pop them and relieve the pressure? :-k

#6 orangejuice_32

orangejuice_32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 10:44 PM

Is stress a big factor on acne?

#7 Tai

Tai

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 21 September 2003 - 10:54 PM

Ok would you want a huge zit that sit on your cheek for 2 weeks or a huge scar that last possibly forever? your pick.

#8 will205

will205

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:28 AM

Don't squeeze the large hard pimples which don't form a pussy head. These are called nodular cysts and they extend deep into the skin. If you start messing around with these then you will regret it later.

#9 Guest_niko_*

Guest_niko_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 September 2003 - 10:01 AM

Yah dont mess with the headless zits, you are guranteed a crater if you do.

If you have a whitehead form, put BP on it and do this for 2-3 days. It should get to a point where it is 95% on the surface of your skin and when the white puss is coming right out, a very gentle push can be ok, put lavender oil on it immediately and hold it there gently. You shouldn't have an indent, just a mark for a few weeks+.

#10 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 12:49 PM

Ok. I haven't been breaking out a lot, but right now I have this really annoying zit -- right by my upper mouth. Get this, it came to a head like bump, and I gently sqeezed it, and white puss came out. The next morning it was a head again, and so I sqeezed it out again, and this morning, AGAIN, more puss. This is like a triple zit so far. It's become rather irratated (bigger and red). Anyone experience this before?

#11 Guest_niko_*

Guest_niko_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 22 September 2003 - 03:05 PM

Ive had it happen twice but cant remember 3 times.

#12 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
    Gallery Images: 3
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 07:31 PM

Let me tell you -- it sucks. I have a big red marks on my face now. I'm not even sure if it done producing that nasty crap yet.

#13 Jane

Jane

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 08:33 PM

I've gone back and forth on this. I left a pimple with a white head on my face for one week, I put BP on it everyday. After approximately 6 days, I went in to my derm and he lanced it then shot some cortisone into it. He said that the puss had stayed in one place for so long that my skin had formed a champer around it. This formed my worst scar. It is exactly the same shape as the where the white puss sat for a week.

Afterwords, my Aesthecian said that when puss is forming, it is best to gently pull the pimples open and let the puss come out.

I think it is bad to squeeze and pick at pimples. I am not sure if it is bad to pop a pimple according to the directions that Dan gives on this website.
I am not really sure though.

My Aesthecian seemed to do a really good job of extracting them, however, I have not been to her in quite some time.

I don't think their is a good option, it is probably best to try and prevent them from forming at all. I never mess with the ones that don't have the white head forming. They usually go away after a while. I just treat with BP daily.

#14 orangejuice_32

orangejuice_32

• Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 09:06 PM

ACNE CAN BITE ME..AHHHHHHHHHHHHH :X

Im getting a huge zit on my chin and a couple on my forehead...ugh...this is never gonna stop.

#15 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 11:25 PM

HOLY CRAP!

4 TIMES

This things just leeked more when I lanced it with a needle -- what's the deal. At first this thing looked SOO INNOCENT - a tiny little head with puss, then more puss, and MORE, and MORE. WTF

I'm starting to think it's somewhat cystic.

This was also zapped w/ smoothbeam. Maybe smoothbeam complicated things by shifting healing capibilities from outter skin to under dermis. any input?

#16 fromchicago

fromchicago

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 22 September 2003 - 11:45 PM

Ok, a lot more leaked out this TIME! w/ blood I might add. But I'm going to let it sit overnight, and hopefully it'll be flickable in the morning.

#17 Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*

Guest_ObiWontonKenoli_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 September 2003 - 02:34 AM

Ok.  I haven't been breaking out a lot, but right now I have this really annoying zit -- right by my upper mouth.  Get this, it came to a head like bump, and I gently sqeezed it, and white puss came out.  The next morning it was a head again, and so I sqeezed it out again, and this morning, AGAIN, more puss.  This is like a triple zit so far.  It's become rather irratated (bigger and red).  Anyone experience this before?

Yes I have had the same thing for sure. At that time, BP was not well known. Try put BP on it (I try experimented with mixing it with vit E too)

#18 Guest_Crooked I_*

Guest_Crooked I_*
  • Guests
  • Posts & Likes

Posted 23 September 2003 - 03:51 AM

I get that all the time. Normally its a spot which peaks, dies down, then as its almost away, erupts again.

#19 Elly

Elly

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 23 September 2003 - 08:51 AM

I've gone back and forth on this.  I left a pimple with a white head on my face for one week, I put BP on it everyday. After approximately 6 days, I went in to my derm and he lanced it then shot some cortisone into it. He said that the puss had stayed in one place for so long that my skin had formed a champer around it. This formed my worst scar. It is exactly the same shape as the where the white puss sat for a week.  

Jane, I had the same experience apart from the cortisone shot. I was completely baffled as I thought I had done everything right by not touching it. I was waiting for it to die down but it just looked like more pus was building up in there each day. In the end, the whitehead was gone and the skin healed but the shape was still there. It stayed like that for months but then I started b5 and using aloe vera and was amazed that it began to reduce itself. It's still there but it is almost flat in shape now.

#20 Jenn4dex

Jenn4dex

• Veteran Members
  • Posts & Likes
About Me

Posted 26 September 2003 - 04:49 PM

Obviously if a pimple has the pus or white stuff at the top, you need to get it out. Wait a day or two and steam your face and that stuff just pours out. Its bacteria and needs to come out, that is why it is rising to the top of the pimple. Sometimes if I had a cyst and my derm gave me a cortisone shot, the white stuff would shoot out of it. I am not saying to push hard and damage your skin, but when it looks ready, you have to get rid of it. Sucks, but it is what it is! sad.gif