I attached some photos of my face without makeup. They were taken on November 26, 2007. I started seeing results after a week and for sure after 2 weeks. I attached a photo taken almost exactly a month later around Christmas 2007. I have makeup on but you can tell the different of the texture of my skin. Now its the end of March 2008 and my skin is almost completely acne free. My scars are slowly fading or almost gone. I have deep ones which will probably take a while to fade out because I popped them. I have tried nearly EVERYTHING except for prescribed acne medication. Witch Hazel was my last hope before contacting a dermatologist. I saw some guy's video on You Tube and he showed his before and after photos as well. Then looked at some reviews on it at Acne.org. Hopefully it works for you as well!
1) I remove my eye makeup with either extra virgin olive oil or an oil based eye makeup remover. I use a cotton ball. Be gentle.
2) After that I wipe off the oily residue with a tissue or toilet paper.
3) Then I wash my entire face with a gentle face wash.
Right now I use Gentle Cleansing Wash by Purpose. Its as gentle as water & little less than $5.00.
4) I pat my face dry with a towel.
5) I apply Witch Hazel as a toner with a cotton ball. You can buy the cheap one that's a little less than $2.00 at any drug store or you can purchase the Dickinson's brand face toner at Walgreen's $??.??. The cheap one worked great for me. Its not strong at all and it doesn't sting. The smell is weird during the 1st few seconds then it fades and is withstand able. I don't know if the Dickinson's brand smells weird or not.
6) I let my face air dry until I feel my skin tighten just a little bit.
7) I then apply my face moisturizer.
I use & love Aveeno Daily Moisturizer Ultra-Calming SPF 15. Its not oily but not drying either. Smells great! $13.00
8) Don't forget to exfoliate a couple of times a week. Not everyday or you'll strip your natural oils.
I use St. Ive's Apricot Scrub for Oily Prone Skin. About $5.00.
I also use Oil of Olay Microdermabrasion a few times a month. It leaves my skin feeling so smooth. Don't use it too often. Around $21.00.
This is mostly my night routine because I don't have time in the morning. But I always wash my face in the morning and I remove my eye makeup if I slept in it the night before.
I've pretty much got my acne under control, still have a pimple here or there but nothing like it used to be. NOW I have red marks and scarring and I absolutely hate looking at myself without makeup. Does anyone have any suggestions what to do? I'd appreciate any help!
Old scars, from between the ages of twelve and 26. (35 now). Is there any treatment which might reduce their appearance? My friend does Glycolic peels (at a very low acidity). I'm a bit worried about going for anything too invasive in case the scars are worsened. When I had four microdermabrasion treatments eight years ago, the practitioner said that Ice Pick scars can look worse the further down a treatment goes. Does anyone know if this is true? P.S. I'm UK based, Wales specifically, so if anyone knows of reputable treatments (and prices) here, I'm all ears!
Ok, well I have to take a break from BP since my back and chest broke out in hives, and these itchy dry/oozing patches of skin on my cheeks are healing. I just have nice scars that are very embarrassing. I'm trying not to let acne consume my life anymore. I think I will set on treating these scars....