A quick update on the various experiments I have been trying.
It's been almost a month since I started my elimination diet as described in my previous blog post. I haven't noticed any lasting improvement in oil production, but I will probably continue the diet for at least another two weeks beyond the one-month mark. One point of interest is that 5 days ago on Monday, my oil production slowed down by a remarkable amount, probably by about 50% if I were to take a guess. The strange thing was that it only lasted for that one day. I'm still trying to figure out exactly what might have caused that dramatic change.
There was one unfortunate side effect to my new diet plan: almost immediately, I started getting much more frequent acne. This came as a surprise because I was eating more nutritious food and less junk food than ever before. Equally surprising was the fact that the acne stopped once I started supplementing with olive oil again a week ago, which I had eliminated from my diet as part of my experiment. I'm not trying to claim that olive oil is a miracle acne cure. I'm just reporting my results.
On the topical side of things, I can't remember if I mentioned on this blog that I started using a serum containing green tea extract, nobiletin, and niacinamide at the same time I started my new diet. I have also been washing with 1% Nizoral shampoo. I've been applying both of these twice a day to the right side of my nose, and I have not noticed any changes worth noting as of yet.
My new game plan that I started last night is to apply a concoction of anti-androgenic ingredients to the right side of my nose for 1-2 months, in addition to the aforementioned serum. My concoction is composed of lavender oil, cedarwood oil, tea tree oil, and argan oil, all mixed in a base of jojoba oil. As always, if I see any improvement in oily skin from this experiment, I will post about it.