Pretty late with this, I'm in week 11 or so...
Month 2 Summary
Dosage: 40mg, 20mg twice a day.
Weight: 77.5kg, up a couple kilos since starting but trying to gain weight.
Cumulative dosage: 9600, at least 120mg/kg.
Months left: 6
Other: Was on Bactrim during this time
Acne mild, no initial breakout, one or two new pimples a week but generally smaller.
- Dry Lips
- Slightly dry facial skin
- Dry skin rashes on hands/arms if I don't moisturize
- 1 Nose bleed
- Red Face, mostly on cheeks and nose (Worse side effect thus far)
- Slightly moody
- Blush much easier
Expected Side Effects Haven't Occured:
- Dry eyes
- Sore joints/muscles
- All the severe ones
- Wash with cetaphil
- Pat dry
- Moisturize red area with aveeno redness relief
- Mix acne.org moisturizer and aveeno redness relief and apply to rest of face
- Day only and recently: Apply Clinque redness solutions protective base on red areas
- Paw Paw ointment on lips
I dont wait very long after drying to apply moisturizer but I try to let the moisturizer dry before applying the Clinique.
[*]Has been 'simpler' than i thought
[*]Redness is the worse side effect as everyone asks if I'm sunburnt and working on lessening it
[*]If it wasnt for redness I'd just moisturize in the morning and apply chapstick during the day and you wouldn't be able to tell I'm on accutane
- Dry eyes