So due to my lack of money and resulting generous gifts from my acne prone friends, i've switched up my regime and have managed to achieve clear skin, although maybe (hopefully not!) temporarily.
No more flaxseed- I ran out and have not had the funds to buy more. Hopefully I will reintroduce later; I'm not sure if it was contributing to my skin clearing but it wasn't hurting and its a good dose of healthy fiber regardless.
1 mulitvitamin (Vitamins A, C, B1, B2, D6, B12 and D, Beta-Carotene, Iron, Zinc, Copper, Selenium, Calcium, Iodine, Magnesium, Chromium, Biotin)
50mg extra Zinc
Added 1000IU extra Vitamin D3
Alesse birth control, taken as directed at the same time each night. Started skipping the placebos- I had flare ups on them and my doctor said it was fine to skip my period as long as I withdraw every 3 months (every 4 packs). I love not getting my period!
1. Wash face with african black soap- been loving this soap, i'm sticking with it for sure.
2. Switched toners to Vichy Normaderm for acne prone skin- lemongrass oil began to irritate my skin too much. I like the Normaderm so far.
3. Skipping the morning BP- I use Duac at night now!
4. Moisturize with Garnier Moisture Resuce Refreshing Gel Cream (no jojoba since its too greasy for a good makeup base)
Morning Makeup Routine:
1. Prime with Nars Pore-Refining Primer
2. Apply 3 Parts Vichy's Pro-Even BB Cream with 1 Part Make Up Forever Full Coverage Waterproof Concealer all over my face in a light layer
3. Use pure concealer sparingly on spots that are still dark
4. Clarins Instant Light Blush for days I need longer wear (its a liquid so it goes on before my powder)
5. Finish with EITHER Korres Oil-Free Multivitamin Powder Compact (for a very light powder finish) or Purminerals Original powder compact (if I still need a bit of coverage)
6. Bareminerals loose powder blush for added flush if I need it
7. Everything else- eyes, lips, brows, whatever I'm in the mood for
1. Remove eye makeup with jojoba oil
2. Wash face with african black soap
3. Every 2-3 nights treat all over with Tactuo Gel, let dry (this is some sort of a generic or Canadian version of Duac? Its Adapalene and 2.5% BP)
4. Use AHA 10% Glycolic Acid on other between nights.
5. Moisturize with Garnier Moisture Resuce Refreshing Gel Cream + as much Jojoba as I need.
6. Moisturize the eye area with pure jojoba
7. Apply Vitamin E Cream to eye area or any patches of flaking skin for extra moisture.
5. Use store-brand topical antibiotic cream with 3 antibiotics on any scabs or popped acne, cover with band-aid (Have not needed this step in a while)