The Right Way To Pop Pimples
pop pimples pus gross clean
Ok, so for any of you who have read my previous blog post, this is a follow-up. If you use the acne regimen in the previous post, you should notice clearer, smoother skin. But note, there is no permanent cure for acne. You either got it, or you don't. So for any occasional pimples that may appear, here's how to get rid of them the old fashioned way. as I mentioned in the previous post, I use this metal double-sided pimple popper from Sephora. It has a sort of metal loop on one side and a sharp end on the other. I do not use it to handle blackheads. I let the Solugel do that. And that's really what's great about it, it can dry out pimples overnight. But the funny thing about it is, it will only dry up clean pimples. Before you start criticizing me about how I never mentioned this in the older post, please listen: The Solugel cream does bring the pus in a pimple to the surface, and eventually, outside. When, and only when you can clearly see pus outside of a pimple, may you pop it. If you try to pop a pimple and the pus doesn't budge, leave it alone. Soon, it will come out. Patience is something you need to have. So now, on to the popping:
- Make sure your metal extractor is clean.
- Take the loop side of the popper and push down on the pimple.
- Clean away the pus and blood. (You can then try pushing down once more to make sure everything is out. If only blood comes out, STOP. You risk bruising the pimple, which means longer heal time).
- Clean the pimple with a tiny dot of the Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Redness Soothing.
- Dry pimple.
- Apply dot of Solugel 8%.
- Clean metal extractor. (You can let it sit in vinegar to fully clean it).
And that's it! But wait...what about the sharp end?
Well, that can be used in one of three ways: (In my opinion).
- You can use it to pick off the bit of outside pus for less of a mess.
- You can use it to gently push around a pimple to drive out any pus.
- You can gently dig out pus that remains in a pimple.
I, personally, don't really enjoy using the sharp side.
Well, that's all you need to know about how to pop a pimple.