Post-Procedure: 4 Months Later
acne scars laser matrix co2 laser treatment
Here I am 4 months post procedure. I'm going to weigh the pros and cons I have noticed personally since undergoing the Matrix CO2 Fractional Laser:
- I genuinely like the way my skin looks. There were not overnight results, and at times I became impatient, but I can definitely tell my acne scarring has improved drastically.
- Red scarring left behind from previous acne disappeared completely within the first 2 months.
- Ice pick scarring unfortunately only lightened up, it did not completely disappear. In other words, I do not have Barbie skin. But, I do have skin I am okay showing other people (I never use to wear my hair up in public)
- For $1500 you'd expect miracle results. But that's not what happens. Kristen told me I will most definitely have to come in, in another 6 months, and do it one more time.
- It made my skin even more sensitive. I have been using BP 2.5% from this website for the last 5 years. The only time I ever had an issue with the treatment was in the very beginning (it dried me out as it does almost everyone else) But now I can no longer use it. The last time I used BP 2.5% was 2 weeks ago and it turned my whole face bright red. (now I use Tea Tree Oil as a toner and leave it at that)
- I had to change previous foundations I came to like. Rimmel London foundation is kind to me. But not anymore. Now it makes me break out.