Medicine Mama Apothecary Ultra Beauty Balm reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Brand: Medicine Mama Apothecary

Medicine Mama Apothecary Ultra Beauty Balm

Organic Extra Virgin Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Organic Cera Alba (Beeswax), Organic Honey, Melexylem (Honey and Propolis 28 Day Bio Fusion), Organic Sea Buckthorn Oil, Royal Jelly, Bee Pollen.

Awesome
Reviewed on December 31, 2014

I use this as my primary moisturizer at night following PanOxyl Creamy Wash 4% BP and the Panoxyl Spot Treatment. I slather it on (although you don't need much) and It combats the dryness & flakiness from the benzoyl peroxide and helps with inflammation. I also use it on my lips, elbows and any other dry areas on my skin. When I wake up in the morning, most of the redness from my acne is reduced tenfold and after a few weeks my skin is looking clearer than it has in months.

It's not a cure for acne, but it's helping reduce the effects and irritation. The Manuka honey, royal jelly, and beeswax ingredients have antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, while the extra virgin olive oil acts as a carrier to help these ingredients penetrate the skin. I also think it may help the benzoyl peroxide from my spot treatment penetrate pores more easily.

It takes about 15 - 20 minutes to sink in, so it's best to apply it at night if you are in a rush in the morning or wear a lot of makeup or have extremely oily skin. But it does give a "dewy" effect.

This is a great product and it's worth a shot, especially if you have sensitive, irritated skin. The parts of my face that aren't affected by acne look glowing and healthy too.