Page 5 of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 128 reviews

Water (purified), Peg 200, Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Mederma Advanced Scar Gel, .7 oz
updated: 11/29/2014 02:02 UTC

Reviewed on September 7, 2009

I can't tell you how much I appreciate this product.

Notorious for overusing the metal extraction tool & messing w/scabs...I devised an affordable regimen *no longer have health care insurance & can't afford montly derm visits*

It's solved my olive skinned hyperpigmentation/scarring issues due to hormonal cycstic flare ups:

*50% glycolic (Amazon; Perfect Peel Solutions)

*Jessner's 14% (Amazon; Perfect Peel Solutions)

Soak a q-tip w/ either one or both of the solutions. Dab on forming or existing issues & old scars. Through knowledge of my own skin tolerance & experimentation, I found the right amount of time to let the solution work before washing.

Afterward, lightly layer Mederma, Avalon CoQ10 Firming Lotion w/ niacinamide ([link removed]), and homemade comfrey salve.

My skin has never looked so incredible & for so little using reasearch, resourcefulness, and webstores. I can't believe I used to spend so much on doc & facials!

Reviewed on August 31, 2009

Hey! I noticed a lot of you said it stings, burns and itches when you put it on. If I just put the gel on and smear it around quickly it stings, but if I massage it into my skin for (at least) a good 30 seconds it doesn't sting at all. Hope it helps.

Reviewed on August 30, 2009

itches. funky stench. messy. pricey.

Reviewed on August 29, 2009

I read all these amazing reviews on acne.org, so I was excited when I bought my Mederma. I also read the warnings about the itchings but I thought I'd give it a go. The first application, it didn't itch at all, and I was glad. I used it about three times (in a two day period) and as I continued use, my cheeks became so itchy!!! It felt like my mind was losing it becuase it itched so bad so I scrubbed it all off with water, and the itching calmed down after 10 minutes. It did seem to work a bit, but the itching is not worth it.

Bottom line, I wouldn't use it for the face. I'm only using it for the scars on my legs, and it seems to work.

Reviewed on August 28, 2009

awesome! i can really see the difference .. buy this product its worth more than $20!!!

Reviewed on August 27, 2009

This is good so far Acne marks are concerned....

Reviewed on August 6, 2009

I have use it about a week and i think is working but the only bad thing about it is the itch.... but im getting use to it hehehe.

Reviewed on July 24, 2009

Try to be consistent (at least 3 times a day) and be very patient for results. I have been dealing with acne scars for three years or so after being of acutane. Being in college this didn't really help my self-esteem but after using this product for about a month i have seen more results than with any other product ive tried

Reviewed on July 14, 2009

$20.00 for this is so expensive but other than that it works after a couple months and it's pretty good. But I had a posion ivy scar and it didnt work on it yet so idk I might have to keep trying on it. But for acne yeah it works and it doesent make you break out and you can use it as a moisturizer and it wont break you out.