Page 4 of Mederma Advanced Scar Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 128 reviews

Water (purified), Peg 200, Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Mederma Advanced Scar Gel, .7 oz
updated: 12/17/2014 18:22 UTC

Reviewed on February 10, 2010

About a year ago I started getting acne due to stressors in my life. I then developed the terrible habit of nitpicking any little pimple on my face...which in turn has left me with minor (but still upsetting) red marks/scars that take forever to go away. I have never felt so insecure in public situations. Since I always read reviews online for products, I read all of these and decided it seemed worth the $ to try it. I have been using it for 3 days and have already noticed a drastic difference in the coloring/appearance of these scars! Definitely worth the money. I will keep using it and am excited about the results I will continue to see. (Side note: I don't mind the smell or the fact that it sometimes itches---with everything good you have to take the bad--and getting rid of these dark spots is worth it!!)

Reviewed on January 17, 2010

I am a light skinned African American and I have very sensitive honey complexion skin so when I get a pimple it scars very easily. I had three scars for all a few months old and nothing else I tried eliminated the scars. I put the Maderma on before bed and I when I woke up the next morning and looked in the mirror I noticed peeling where I put the medicine. I actually peeled the skin away revealing new skin and the scar was almost completely gone!

Reviewed on December 13, 2009

It really does work, you just have to endure the 'skin pull' sensation which will generate an itching sensation to where it's applied. Here's what i do: at night either wash your face in the shower/bath or over the sink with your acne medication before you're about to go to sleep, then apply mederma (guys, shave in the shower FIRST); put a fresh clean towel over your pillow case and sleep on it. I wish i had known sooner, because my breakouts and acne were being caused by my pillow cases, since i was lazy to change my pillow cases, i used the towel that i dried myself with as a pillow case, and my skin started clearing up.

Scars using mederma started clearing up, not miraculously, but they are starting to smooth out.

Reviewed on December 10, 2009

I use it every night after washing my face and using moisturizer. The first time I used it I put it on alone & my face was too dry for it to work. You have to use moisturizer before putting it on. And I would suggest putting it on at night because it peels when you move your face and it itches. When it itches, DON'T itch it! Touching your face will cause it to break out more. I heard it doesn't work on indented scars, but I don't have those so I'm not sure. I also heard you're supposed to rub it in alot. YES, IT STINKS, but I love that because fragrance/perfume is very bad for your face/acne. Anyway, my face looks clearer by reducing scars instead of pimples. Maybe I had more scars than pimples.

Reviewed on December 5, 2009

I am still using mederma, but the cream with spf. I heard a rumor that the cream was not itchy or bothersome, and it is true! It not only works, but also does not itch at all! My scars are fading quickly! VERY SATISFIED WITH MEDERMA CREAM!

Reviewed on December 2, 2009

Its the best solution for acne scars, I came across so far. Its very cheap and less risky compared to lasers or chemical peels or other scar removal techniques.

Reviewed on November 28, 2009

i did not see any improvement in old scars and new scars formed thickened skin, which is something i have never experienced before. i do not recommend this to people with dry skin.

Reviewed on October 1, 2009

Works good on old or new scars, but expect to wait a while for good results.

On a scar I got on my knee, this worked GREAT and now the fairly new scar is barely visible when before it was very light compared the rest of my tan skin.