Mederma Advanced Scar Gel reviews

3.7/5 - 128 reviews

Water (purified), Peg 200, Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Allium Cepa (Onion) Bulb Extract, Lecithin, Methylparaben, Sorbic Acid, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Fragrance.

Mederma Advanced Scar Gel, .7 oz
updated: 10/31/2014 20:23 UTC

Mederma is waste of money, don't buy this product
Reviewed on September 17, 2014

Mederma is waste of money, so please don't buy and will regret for that in future. So please don't buy

Worst product ever!
Reviewed on August 27, 2014

Mederma is the worst product I've ever used. It burnt my face and now it looks like someone poured acid on it. I hate it. Do not use it if you don't want to look hideous.

Love it really
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

I had several pimple scars.some are deep scars.i got medicine but not ok. So I selected to use mederma gel. It is really work.now I feel very happy. I am really proud of my face.actually I love it

I love this
Reviewed on August 21, 2013

I have severe acne scars from years of acne on my cheeks and I've just started using this product a few days ago. It works already! The scars are definitely still visible but many seem to be lighter or diminishing in size. I don't know why everyone is saying it needs to be applied 3 times a day, my bottle says it should be applied just once a day.

Reviewed on September 29, 2012

So, I bought this just kind of on a whim because I thought it might work for me. I have tan skin, and everyday I put it on 3 times. I looked at the ingredients label just for fun to see what was so special and it contained octocrylene and like two other "active ingredients". Then like 5 days later I looked at my chapstick, and saw that my 100% organic chapstick had the EXACT same ingredients. Now I like experimenting so I decided to stop using the mederma, and start instead putting my chapstick on my face. It actually for me worked so much better. It had beeswax, honey, and other yummy ingredients for my face along with the "active" ingredients found in Mederma. Also, I think the only reason why it is so expensive is because it says it can "reduce scars" when in reality my chapstick can do a better job >:) While I thought my discovery was pretty awesome, I found out that the active ingredients were sun repellents. Which makes sense because the reason why scars linger is most of us don't wear sunscreen which prohibits the healing of scars :) Anyways, you all should look into certain chapsticks, because you might save a lot of money and time!

by Ashleyreis55 on 09/15/2014 02:30
What Chapstick did you use exactly??? Please email me! Ashleyreis55@[link removed]
Reviewed on September 7, 2012

This product is great. I bought the one with SPF because it is simply worth it. The one with skin protection helps your guarantee you will not permanently discolor your scar.

I actually did not buy it for acne this time, I have before and it healed one of my scars beautifully I bought it because I put a new product on a little part of my face and it literally chemically burned it! I am now left with this hideous minor burn, but this should really help it heal faster and better.

Do not get Neosporin, Neosporin has an ingredient in it that can cause break outs and irritate the skin, Mederma should not do that at all.

Reviewed on June 25, 2012

One time I forgot to use moisturizer before using mederma gel, itchy crazy.

But next time I did.

So I found the secret about eliminating the itch.

Use moisturizer first!!! Trust me try again.

Reviewed on February 27, 2012

This stuff works! I saw an incredible amount of repair happen. I had 3 huge scars on my face! When I used this during the day and curad scar therapy pads cut to size at night, my skin completely healed. I also took 2000 mg of vitamin C and fish oil, a multivitamin, and alpha lipoic acid every day to aid in healing. It is so important to make sure your immune system is boosted to allow it to heal your skin. Also drink tons of water and limit stress. The stuff acne sufferers should know already! Also those complaining about the price should check out ebay! I got 2 tubes for 12.00! Be resourceful folks!

Reviewed on February 18, 2012

Tried it twice. Both times it caused large painful cysts to form after 3 or 4 days of use. I wouldn't reccomend this product for severe acne at all.