Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation reviews

Brand: Maybelline

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Squalane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Copolymer, Hydrogenated Jojoba Oil, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polymethylmethacrylate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate Phenoxyethanol, Phenyltrimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Methylparaben, Vinyl Dimethicone Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Silica, BHT, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Mica.

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation, Pure Beige, .64 oz
updated: 10/25/2014 16:51 UTC
Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation - Natural Ivory
updated: 10/25/2014 16:51 UTC

Always come back
Reviewed on May 4, 2014

I have never been able to use liquid foundations, bc I feel like I have a mask on- or like my skin can't.. Breathe. Whatever.

So, before there was mineral makeup all over drugstore shelves, I tried this mousse foundation.

For some reason I switched to mineral powders, & recently bought another jar of this bc I haven't been happy w the powder. I use retinA at nite & felt like my skin got too dry throughout day. This did the trick.

Note: if u have dry patches, this will make them stick out! However, keeps skin looking smooth & non itchy all day. If you have very oily skin, may not b for you.

Just rem, a LITTLE goes a LONG way! One of the reasons I love it. I just want a little something over concealer to even skin tone. Don't want to look like I'm wearing makeup. Apply w fingers is best. Too much on & u will look cakey or like an Oompa Loompa! But if I apply too much, I just keep rubbing in, blending to other areas & it's fine.

It's ok, I guess, if you have nice skin
Reviewed on February 4, 2014

I used this for a couple of years on a consistent basis. I purchased it because I have oily skin and I will give a try to anything that promises to "mattify" my face. Well, it goes on smoothly and the shade Medium 2.5 was a perfect match for my skin, but the matte effect only lasts for a little while and then I had to resort to touch-ups/powder/blotting. It does offer decent coverage but it tends to rub off on everything, hats, carves, other people's clothes (embarrassing). It did not make me break out more than usual. However I would not recommend it because it doesn't stay on! Unless you have nice skin that rarely breaks out and is not oily, this would seem like it could work for you.

'Cakey', thick and pore-clogging
Reviewed on July 11, 2013

I bought this a couple of years ago, and as soon as I started using it, I stopped almost immediately. It was the worst foundation I have used; the mousse-like consistency is not appealing once applied to the face, as it leaves a "cakey" residue, and left my face feeling greasy. It was far too heavy and comedogenic. I never returned to it since and have stuck to natural foundations.

I like it
Reviewed on June 18, 2013

I used this makeup before I graduated into sephora makeup. I really liked,the coverage that it offered. It was hard to find a shade that matched my skin tone though. It seems to be a full coverage foundation and it was build able.

Reviewed on March 30, 2013

I wouldn't recommend this at all, unless you like to get huge mounds of painful pimples on your face.

Reviewed on March 11, 2013

Only use this if you have very light acne/good skin. Do not use if your skin is oily, you will have to do so many touch ups resulting in cake-face. Seems to blend well at first but if you have larger pores the foundation will set into after 30min-1hr

Reviewed on December 29, 2012

It clogs pores, it makes acne worse. If you have anything other than light to very mild acne I would not use this. Yes, it covers your acne well and makes your skin look flawless, but the price for the is much worse.

Reviewed on November 12, 2012

This makeup is very nice for people who have skin that is oily/combination. This product can look caked up and flaky if used on a dry skin complexion. I like that it has an air whipped texture and glides on my skin nicely. I sometimes use this makeup on top of a light foundation for extra coverage. I have a medium skin tone and the medium color is almost an exact match. Good inexpensive product for people looking for a makeup other than a powder or liquid. I love that Maybelline is thinking outside the box on this one!

Reviewed on September 15, 2012

this gives a PERFECT face, I got so many compliments on how nice my skin looked BUT THERES A CATCH, it made me break out like never before, I had huge cists all over my whole face!! do not reccomend at all!!