Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser reviews

4.1/5 - 88 reviews

Brand: Mary Kay

Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl, Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey, Camellia Oleifera, Coneflower, Willow Herb, Sandalwood, MeadowSweet, Goldenseal, Cinnamon, Lauramine oxide,Triethanol amine, Acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, Sodium chloride, PEG 150 Distearate, Diazolidinyl Urea, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene, Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Chaparral Extract, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, VelocityTM Fragrance, Aqua, C12-15 alkyl benzoate
Glycerin, Ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol.

Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser
updated: 10/22/2014 03:23 UTC

Better than anything I've ever used
Reviewed on January 31, 2014

I have oily skin and acne. I'm only 16 so it gets pretty bad. I've used everything from proactive to drug store stuff. Nothing has cleared up my acne better than this, velocity facial cleanser. It's all I use! I use it everynight and sometimes I'll skip, but it still stays clear! I haven't had acne or as much oil in over 6 months!!!!! Love this!

by annperkins on 02/21/2014 07:36
Where did you buy yours?? I love this product but it is saying no longer available when I went to order more online!
Don't waste your time.
Reviewed on August 8, 2013

I was introduced to this product because my cousin works for mary kay and she convinced me that It really did clear acne. I have oily skin with pretty bad acne. So I started using the whole mary kay acne treatment regimen( That includes the facial wash, the toner, Acne treatment gel, the moisturizer, and on occasions, the facial mask)and have been using it for about 9 months now. It has done absolutely nothing for my acne. One month my face would look okay, then the next it would breakout all over again. I am switching to something different now. I honestly don't know why I didn't switch sooner.

Reviewed on March 4, 2013

This stuff works wonders for hormonal acne. I'll admit, last time I used it was years ago, and the only reason I haven't used it again is because I have been trying (and failing) to find a drugstore cleanser to work for me.

Reviewed on September 16, 2012

I love this stuff! I use the cleanser and the moisturizer, and just started today. I used it also about a year ago, but I ran out. My skin was super clear back then, I only had a couple of small pimples at a time. But I was using it with Neutrogena products so I wasn't quite sure which one was helping my acne.

Lately I've been noticing how much worse my acne has been... I have breakouts everywhere, and small bumps all over my forehead that never used to be there. I'm a very insecure person, and this acne has NOT been helping me. So I stumbled across this product again and I decided to try it out of desperation.

My skin has never felt so good. EVER. I could feel it cleaning deeply and getting the oil and dirt out of my pores. Also, I just checked my face in the mirror a few minutes ago, and my acne has gone down noticeably since I washed my face 30 minutes ago!

If you have acne, and you have tried so many products with no luck, TRY VELOCITY. I am so excited about it!

Reviewed on June 26, 2012

Okay so I started using this like a week ago and most of my acne is already gone! Im so happy with my skin now, not scared ro show it. It took only a week a week for my face to clear! When I used other stuff it will onlt work sometimes and will sometimes do nothing. I know there is some reviews that say it doesnt work, but that is only 2 out of a handfull! So I recommend to try this...and if it doesnt work, so be it, we all have different skin. But it wont hurt to try. This is the best and will always be the facewash I use from now on.

Reviewed on April 7, 2012

15 years ago I gave bir to 2 beautiful twin girls but lately with all of there acne they have been flat out just nasty looking. With the use of this reduction can finally see tose beautiful faces again for now

Reviewed on March 11, 2012

I have been using velocity since I was in 6th grade which would be 3-4 yrs ago and it is amazing..need to use it twice a day,every day to get rid of acne :)

AMAZING product

HIGHLY recommended

Reviewed on March 7, 2012

It does have a light fragrance, but even with my sensitive skin it was fine :D

Definitely gets rid of acne :D :)

I highly recommend this for you people with sensitive skin!

Reviewed on February 28, 2012

I have been treating rosacea for about a year-using oral antibiotics, topical finacea gel and topical metrogel. I have not had much response, and my derm is less than helpful. She said I may want to try a sulfa-based cleanser, but that would not likely help much. On a whim, I checked the ingredients on my daughter's Velocity, and saw the 2nd ingredient listed was TEA laurel sulfate, so I thought, "why not". Also listed are several botanicals that are supposed to have a skin calming effect. I saw improvement within 2 days-NO KIDDING!! The redness was diminished, and the bumps appreared much less noticeable. I now realize the derm was referring to a different class of sulfas, but I will definately stick with this for now. Also noteworthy is the fact that I am 50 years old, and this does not dry my skin excessively. Perhaps it is the botanical agents, or just things finally starting to come together,but I really don't care either way! My skin is definately better, and this is after a year of other, more aggressive treatments that really didn't help. I'm thinking it's the Velocity!

Reviewed on December 3, 2011

LIf you're anything like me, DON'T GET IT! It made my face oily so my glasses won't stay on, and now I have to put contacts in, though my eyes have been oxygen deprived. It worsened acne, the smell made me slightly dizzy, I broke out more often, and for me, has practilly no use. If, like me, you have bad acne, REALLY oily skin, blackheads, and/or wear glasses, DON'T GET IT.