Mario Badescu Drying Lotion reviews

3.5/5 - 24 reviews

Brand: Mario Badescu

Mario Badescu Drying Lotion

Isopropyl Alcohol,Deionized Water (Aqua), Calamine, Camphor, Colloidal Sulfur, Salicylic Acid,Glycerine, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Talc.

Mario Badescu Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
updated: 06/07/2017 12:19 UTC

Pass
Reviewed on July 15, 2017

This product is intended for pimples that come to a white head. I did notice it helped in drying out my pimples, however, after using it for a while I noticed it doesn't do an excellent job. It would take 2-3 nights of using this product in order to see my pimples dry out-- not quick enough for me. It's not a terrible product, but it isn't the best either. Benzoyl peroxide does a better job.

Did NOTHING and irritated my skin!
Reviewed on June 24, 2017

I was excited to try this spot treatment due to all of the positive reviews, but after applying it over night, it WOULD NOT budge the next morning. I washed my face with a gentle cleanser and used cotton balls to try and get this treatment off of my face, but it would barely move. I actually ended up accidentally popping a few pimples just trying to get it off (which was extremely annoying). When I finally got it off (it took me around an hour and a lot of qtips), I barely noticed a difference in my skin. My blemishes looked EXACTLY the same and if anything, my skin was extremely irritated from trying to get this product off. I would suggest sticking to benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment, not this stuff. EXTREMELY disappointed.

by PithyYarn on 07/03/2017 21:44
girl. you have to use a foaming cleanser (or mario's cleanser, it works so much better since one of its techniques is to wash everything off your face gently, including strong drying lotion) to get it off and with lukewarm water. you have to use the treatment at least twice for your pimples to begin vanishing, and make sure you exfoliate before putting it on, like you would a face mask. benzoyl peroxide does not help your skin whatsoever, all it does is dry your face up and drain it of oil and bacteria, which on the bad side, makes your skin naturally want to produce more oil than what was there, and throughout the day youll end up with an even oiler face, more pimples, and more dirt sticking to your face :/ who wants that?
Didn't do anything
Reviewed on April 20, 2017

So sad, had such high hopes and it did nothing. I bought this in hopes that it would help all types of acne, as I usually get cystic and I wouldn't have been as disappointed if it didn't work for those. However the first two pimples I got to test these on were the typical whiteheads that this is prescribed for. Did nothing. Not a miracle solution for me :(

good for whiteheads!
Reviewed on February 26, 2017

the only thing this drying lotion is good for is white heads, especially the small to medium sized ones. They really dry them out overnight and when i wash my face in the morning the dried out whiteheads go away!!!

Why is everyone liking this?
Reviewed on December 4, 2016

My nephew was the one who recommended this to me. He is 14 and swears by it, although he used to swear by Kate Sommerville too. Before he mentioned it, I had never heard of it before. It wasn’t too expensive which was nice, and hence the 2 stars. I have tried much more expensive products and been disappointed by them too so this one wasn’t that big of a deal.

But the results were disappointing. I am really not sure why everyone is liking it in these reviews. I bought it and used it overnight when I had breakouts and the pimples looked the same or worse when I woke up. When they were worse, that was really disappointing. I really can’t tell you anything about what is in the product that is good vs bad but I do know that after about 2 months of using it, I saw zero results. Like nothing. Not even one time that I used it did I wake up feeling that it had been effective. So that was a bummer.

I don’t think that acne works that way is what I have come to learn and understand. I don’t think you can just apply some magical potion to your face and expect some sort of miracle. The best way to cure breakouts is to just not get them in the first place but once you have one, you just have to treat it and ride it out. So then the question is how to not breakout. I have learned a lot over the years of this stupid acne skin I am in. The only preventative product I have ever used that worked is Ninja Skincare. I started it after reading about it in some forum and the people there are amazingly helpful compared to really any other company I have ever bought from. You call them and you can stay on the phone talking about zits for an hour and they don’t hurry you off the phone or anything. It is pretty incredible. And they always make sure that you are using the right product or they won’t even want to send it to you.

So I think that is the way to go. Use a product that stops the pimples from forming and you won’t need to buy some spot treatment thing that promises miracles but literally cannot deliver because it is impossible to deliver miracles.

Contains RUBBING ALCOHOL. This will hurt your skin.
Reviewed on October 21, 2016

All this really is: cheap calamine lotion, a LOT of rubbing alcohol and some other crappy ingredients. I have no idea who would want to put calamine and rubbing alcohol on their face, since they're extremely pore clogging and disrupt the acid mantle on the face, leading to worse breakouts in the long run. I discovered his acne wash also contains rubbing alcohol, and it severely dried out and damaged my face [and subsequently caused a bad breakout, lucky me]. I guess they want repeat customers who blindly keep trying their products to cure their acne, when their products contribute to the acne to begin with.

Beware of this entire company. It's horrible and completely overpriced, considering their favorite ingredient is rubbing alcohol...look at their product labels, it's in almost everything.

by PithyYarn on 07/03/2017 21:46
shut the hell up
Disappointed...
Reviewed on July 7, 2016

While Mario Badescu is a big name in skincare, I had personally never heard of this line until I saw this Drying Lotion on Rosie Huntington-Whiteley (British model) and Kylie Jenner's snapchat. Once I saw this, I researched Mario Badescu products and I had high expectations for this product. Unfortunately, I did not love this at all...I honestly don't even like it. This product did nothing for me. I would apply it to my pimples before bed, wait for it to dry, and then go to sleep. In the morning, if the product was still on my face, I would wipe it off with a wet cotton ball and my pimple would look exactly the same. The only reason I'm giving this product two stars (and not one) is because it did not irritate my skin or make my acne any worse.

Good for whiteheads, and non cyst-like acne
Reviewed on June 23, 2016

I've tried this on multiple types of acne, and it never works on any mark very large, but if you have a regular size mark or whitehead it works miracles. Be prepared for dryness and DO NOT PICK, let this work its magic and you'll be thankful you did. It takes a few days for a pimple to be almost gone, but it changed my life. Avoid using this on dermatitis or areas with multiple small breakouts.

Been Using This for Over a Year...
Reviewed on April 8, 2016

I've been using Mario Badescu products for almost a year and a half now and their Drying Lotion is great for spot treating pimples that are already there. Personally, I also really like the smell.

It's well-priced (I think it's around 17 dollars for 1 oz. and Amazon and Mario Badescu always have sales, so you can get it as low as 15-13 dollars) and a little bit of this stuff goes a long way.

It has worked great on my skin and I highly recommend it.

terrible
Reviewed on January 1, 2016

It may work for you, but it didn't for me. it didn't dry my pimples out and even after using it for a week the same acne didn't even reduce. I also think it made me break out even more. I wish I could give it 0 stars

by PithyYarn on 07/03/2017 21:47