Mario Badescu Drying Cream reviews

3.5/5 - 10 reviews

Brand: Mario Badescu

Mario Badescu Drying Cream

Aqua (Water, Eau), Zinc Oxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Cera Alba (Beeswax, Cire d'abeille), Polysorbate 80, Glycerin, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Titanium Dioxide, Propylene Glycol, Sulfur, Oleth-10, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil, Huile Minérale), Ichthammol, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein,Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch, Arctium Lappa Root Extract, Cysteine, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Nasturtium Officinale Flower/Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Biotin, Arginine, Leucine, Lysine, Tyrosine, Valine, Glutamic Acid, Cellulose Gum, Polysorbate 20, Maltodextrin, Zinc Chloride, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Pyridoxine HCl, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Chloride, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

just so so
Reviewed on March 5, 2017

if you feel you are about to have a cystic acne, applying this overnight reduces the inflammation but doesnt totally get rid of it. if its full blown cystic acne, does very little to improve it. directions say you need to apply it just like you would moisturizer but i really cant stand the smell so i just use this as spot treatment. not really crazy about it. its just so so..

by K_A on 07/14/2017 08:38
It's not meant to treat cystic acne, it's for under surface bumps.
Eh...
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Drying mask is much better. I never had any luck with this stuff.

Yep!
Reviewed on July 6, 2014

I adore this stuff. It's the only thing that helps my hormonal cysts in two days or less. Left on overnight (with a little icing, that always helps my cysts shrink) it seriously reduces size and diminishes redness. I get chemical burns and scaly brown skin from BP spot treatments now that I'm using a retinol product, and the drying cream (which uses mainly sulfur) is a godsend. It even flattened a nasty red cyst that randomly came up on my back, the hardest ones to kill in my experience. Excellent spot treatment for adult hormonal acne!

Smelly and sticky, but helps
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

I love Mario Badescu products, but this one wasn't my favorite. I think it does help your acne, but it's a little difficult to find a time where you can actually wear it. So here are the good things about it: 1. It helps dry up acne (not in a day or a few hours, because that doesn't exist y'all), but it actually does shrink the size of that bad boy 2. it has some color to it, so it can help cut down on some redness if you have any. So that's all the good things, on to the bad: 1. This product smells and it smells pretty bad. I can smell it even after I've put foundation and powder over it, which brings us to 2. this stuff doesn't dry, or it doesn't dry fast enough (like even after 2-4 mins) so just know that when you put your makeup on you're gonna spread this stinky mess all over your face 3. this is not an acne concealer, it's not smooth, it's kind of grainy, this is not going to blend into your skin, you can still see it girl! 4. is the same as 2, but it messes with your foundation and can make it blotchy. Overall I would say this product is a flop, but it actually does help surface pimples, it's not going to prevent them, but it can shrink them. The Mario Badescu drying lotion is 100X (ok maybe 75X better) than this and you put it on at night, when no one will see or smell you, so don't waste your money girl, leave this at the store.

by Natalie410 on 08/22/2014 03:07
I use it at night or around the house...never under make up BC despite the directions I knew that would never look right
by K_A on 07/14/2017 08:41
It's not meant to be worn under your makeup, I don't put it on before my makeup anyways. I put it on as a treatment at night.
eeww
Reviewed on May 8, 2014

i thought it would be worth the price but nooo! my acne got worse and i don't like the smell. not effective and very expensive!

Anonymous
Reviewed on December 2, 2011

I absolutely love every Mario Badescu product I've tried. The drying cream is a must have for me. It is the only thing that has helped to clear up my shoulders, back and chest. My skin is almost completely clear. Just use a little tab on pimples and red marks right after the shower, then I use moisturizer so I don't get too dry. I also dab it on the same spots before bed. It's great!

Reviewed on March 7, 2011

I broke out with a bunch of cysts on my jawline

this did nothing for them. felt like i got more whiteheads and cysts.

was part of a three product package: drying cream, drying lotion, and buffering lotion...would day the drying and buffering lotion had the most effect but dried the hell outta my chin and looked horrible...try something else...

Anonymous
Reviewed on November 23, 2010

I was using this in conjunction with the other skin care products recommended to me by Mario Badescu. I am really into natural stuff and found that a lot of the other products had ingredients I avoid. While my skin cleared up fast and looked great, after awhile I started getting some pimples again. I wonder if it is because I stopped using the other products and only continued using this one. It's better than almost anything else I've tried, but it's not perfect.

tiffany, connecticut
Reviewed on November 1, 2010

this stuff is the best product mario badescu makes. i went from very moderate to severe acne with my pregnancy and not only does it work on healing cysts and white heads but it's also safe and doesn't have a BILLION ingredients. it even helps fade red marks and overall lighten the appearence of dull tired skin. by far the best part is that i went from severely dry skin (using proactiv) to barely needing a moisturizing using this cream. LOVE IT!

Reviewed on June 2, 2010

I love this product. I have been using it for a week and I can already tell I will be buying this over and over again. It even worked on a cyst! I would get this if I were you ;)