MaMa Lotion reviews

4.1/5 - 76 reviews

Brand: MaMa

Water, Mandelic Acid, Malic Acid, Algae Extract, Polyacrylamide, Potassium Hydroxide, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Ubiquinone, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, Fragrance, Squalane, Laureth-7, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isopropylparaben, Isobutylparaben And Butylparaben.

Reviewed on September 2, 2011

I've mostly used this for generally congested skin and hyperpigmentation so I think this has worked really well in that respect. The only problem is the stickiness and perceived smell so I only use it every other day.

Reviewed on August 25, 2011

It is no longer called Mama. They changed the product name. I bought these items from Amazon:

1. M2 Skin Care HP Skin Refinish 20% 50 ml.

2. M2 Skin Technologies Skin Recovery Moisturizer.

And guys, after the first week, I wanted to scream and yell at myself for not using them long long time ago, when my skin had been damaged severely from acne. I really appreciate the reviews here for recommending this product.

All acnes are GONE though this product is developed exclusively for scar. I never had the pride of having a clear skin since my 5th grade until now. And the scars, which had lowered my confidence for a long time, are fading out (not completely but the spots' colors are fading obviously). Every morning, I wake up and look at the mirror happily to see my face getting better and brighter.

I first apply the Skin Refinish and wait until it is dry, then put the Recovery Moisturizer on.

Be careful with the sun. Your skin now is very sensitive to it. I always use sunblock before I go out.

Please please please (I will say a thousand times), try it and let people know. If you want to know more email me coldextremely at yahoo . com

Reviewed on April 24, 2011

I use the 20% Skin Refinish alone. So far, I love this stuff. I've only been using it for about two weeks (and normally I'd wait longer to review a product) but this stuff is so good, I just had to share the good news with fellow acne sufferers.

With M2 Skincare (formerly Mama Lotion) you get a LARGE 50 mL, 20% mandelic acid bottle for $25, instead of the TINY .25 or 1 mL, 10-15% mandelic acid bottles sold on GoW or Diana Yvonne for upwards of $40. GREAT VALUE, especially by comparison.

The burning feeling lets you know it's working and YES, you can wear it under make-up with or without sunblock/moisturizer.

CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS ENOUGH!!!

I am Jamaican and thus get hyperpigmented brown marks from any place I've had a cyst, whether or not I pick them. Additionally, I had to get rid of gram negative folliculitis (inflammed acne-like tiny bumps which are resistant to everything, caused by prolonged use of antibiotics), which not only raped and pillaged my forehead but then spread to the sides of my face, nose and cheeks too. (For that I took Bactrim 2x daily, began seeing a Chinese herbalist and soaked my skin in vinegar at least 2x daily which really worked but left dry, darkened, almost scaly skin..and then began mandelic acid after a month to get rid of the "scaly skin" and now my forehead skin GLOWS its so soft and smooth.)

M2 has left my skin soft, supple, smooth and literally almost PIMPLE FREE in a matter of a WEEK. Thus far, it's AMAZING and works BETTER than Tazorac. I'm definitely sticking with this brand if this continues! My acne WAS moderately severe but since I've stopped eating ALL dairy and began using "Mama Lotion", my skin has two grain of salt sized pimples and one small cyst which is shrinking.

Reviewed on April 14, 2011

From someone who's been battling acne for over 10 years, I have tried a LOT of products and I can honestly say that MaMa lotion (also known as M2) is one of the few products that delivers on its promises. It is SO worth the money.

The bottom line is that this is the first product that has any effect what so ever on the blackheads on my nose. I have used it every third night for the past 2.5 weeks and within that short time the blackheads have been reduced by 80%. The pores on my nose also appear much smaller. Prior to using this product I was using BP on that area for many months w/ no success.

I also have some hyperpigmentation from old acne on my cheeks and the MaMa lotion, even in this short time, has faded those marks slightly. I have rolling and icepick scars on my cheeks and I have also noticed that they apppear slightly more smooth.

I am having co2 fractional laser resurfacing done in a week and a half so I will discontinue this product for a few weeks while I recover but this is absolutely going to be a staple in my routine from now on.

Reviewed on April 3, 2011

Although the consistency of this aha is very sticky and stings, I would recommend it above all. It's doing me some good. I use this with my PMD kit and continue to apply Differin every morning. It wouldn't hurt to try. It's an AHA and has great benefits for the skin. I'm 23 years old and don't have to worry about wrinkles just yet but I'm sure if I continue using this every other night for the rest of my life, I won't have to worry about wrinkles in the future either.

Reviewed on February 12, 2011

I use this along with their cleanser followed b glycol's fade cream 4 %. Working great.

Reviewed on December 8, 2010

this product causes your skin cells to turnover so it basically is trying to get all of the dirt and dead cells to resurface in order to have new skins cell to form so you get rid of scarring

need to apply for weeks (over 1 month to notice some fading of acne and 2 months to see drastic fading where scars are almost gone then).. but got rid of my acne scars completely

tugs my skin a bit so it looks as if i got like small strings pulling my skin in a botox kindof a way

apply only at night

Reviewed on October 22, 2010

This review is for the 20% Skin Refinish M2 bottle only.

Pros:

I was running out of dan's bp and decided to try using M2. There was no initial breakout like Dan's BP. This could be because of the BP already purging everything away, but it was still a very seamless transition.

Using it everyday made my skin irritated (but no breakouts) so I switched to every other day.

In the next few weeks, it made existing pimples less severe/painful. A weird, random rash under my jaw from using Dan's BP also disappeared.

In the long run, I noticed my usual whitehead/cysts were less common (I still always get one or two during my monthly cycle). It also made those pimples under my skin less painful and disappear within a few weeks.

Cons:

It is very sticky so I use this at night and change my pillowcases every two days.

The directions say to follow with moisturizer, but it just doesn't seem very productive, like you are rubbing off the M2. I would like to know how others moisturize and use this product. My face is a bit drier due to this, but not enough to cause outbreaks.

I bought this initially to fade acne scars. I don't see any real results. I have been switching AHA every other day with it as well. No real results, so this might be just be me.

Bottom line: As soon as I run out of this bottle (same bottle for 6+ months) I will buy the whole set. It seems to work for me better than BP.

Reviewed on September 7, 2010

Buy it! Definitly worth it! It cleared up my acne nice & easy:]

Reviewed on August 14, 2010

if you're looking for a product that reduces hyperpigmentation, then this is your best bet. M2 simply delivers what it states.

the first time i used this, it burned...alot. it says on the bottle that you might get a slight "tingling sensation"...yeah right.

after some further, lighter applications i really did notice dramatic differences with my hyperpigmentaion. as for treating pimples, this isn't the best thing out there so i found that alternating with differin worked really well for me (just a note; don't use both at the same time). furthermore, it does nothing to prevent or treat cystic acne.

i didn't start my routine with M2, i probably introduced it about 1 month after using differin every night, and i think that was a good move since it's not great with active acne.

also, i didn't find any sort of purging effects when using M2.

the real bottom line is, if you want results and don't mind the inconveniences, then M2 is for you.