Madina African Black Soap reviews

4.2/5 - 58 reviews

Brand: Madina

Triclocarban.

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Cocoate, Water, Fragrance, Glycerin, Cocoate Butter, Iron Oxide, Aloe Powder, Pentasodium Pentetate, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Tocopherol Acetate.

Madina African Black Soap

Bar Soap, African Blk with Al, 5 oz (6 Pack)
updated: 09/27/2016 15:25 UTC

MIRACLE SOAP!
Reviewed on August 20, 2016

I've been using African black soap as part of my regimen for about three to four days now and I must say this thing is a miracle. I mean it. Although I don't have any active acne, the soap has done wonders for my hyperpigmentation and scars. I'm really at a loss for words at the results thus far. Mind you, I use the soap twice a day. I lightly apply some lather in the morning while I wash up and once more at night. I've heard that African black soap can cause the skin to purge but I haven't experienced any purging, personally. Make sure to buy the African black soap that comes in a plastic/cellophane wrapping. Make sure that you're getting the right black soap! It should not be black but more caramel colored. All I can say is I'm impressed and I highly recommend this to anyone suffering from hyperpigmentation and/or acne scarring. My skin is so much smoother and even after just three to four days of using the soap. Needless to say I'm excited to see what more it can do in the near future. A+++ product.

by psychedelicate on 08/23/2016 22:41
I just wanna add that it's been about a week since I started using African black soap and my PIH/scarring has noticeably decreased. It seems as if the scars, which for me are quite clumped together, is evening out. The texture of my skin is a lot smoother than before I started using the soap. I had a few small pimples since using the soap but nothing that hasn't been uncontrollable. It appears as though the soap really does target the problem areas well and gets deep into the skin. I'm not sure if it's the vitamin E that's active in the soap that's doing this but whatever it is I am eternally grateful for it. Here's to everyone getting their skin under control. Start with African black soap. I'm serious!
by psychedelicate on 09/16/2016 04:29
So it's been about a month since I started using black soap and honestly the results are incredible. I went from having very defined and textured scars to light and faded scars. The texture of my skin has also dramatically improved. This is something everyone needs in their regimen.
Not All Black Soaps Are The Same.
Reviewed on July 16, 2016

I have dark skin, which tends to be mostly oily in warm climates, and dry in colder climates. For almost 20 years, I've cleaned my face with 50% or better (preferably 70%) alcohol. This removed most oils and dirt from my face. Also, it seemed to keep pimples away. As you may well know, it will dry your skin out like a desert. I didn't mind this. For mega-years, I've used Ambi Skin Fade cream for a moisturizer. Although, I hated the after-scent, I continued using it. Around my nose and at the crown of my nose (between my eyes) I had very dry patches. The only thing that seemed to get rid of it was 1% Hydrocortisone ointment. Believe it or not, the cream formula did absolutely nothing, it had to be the ointment. Now fast forward to the winter of 2015. I was introduced to natural skin care products as a business venture. I have to say that I've never looked back and will never go back to any form of chemically based product at your local big box retailer. As for one, African Black Soaps are excellent for the face and body. For me, since I'm in the business of selling natural and organic skin care products, I use everything that I carry. I've tried the black soap pictured here, and I found that it is good, but not the best. It contains the necessary ingredients for "my" skin type, but did not give me that "ump" that I was looking for. Then I tried a Raw African Black Soap. Now this was the mother load! It gently cleans my face, but removing all dirt and oil without drying me out. Furthermore, I have very little dryness around my nose now. Instead of using Ambi, I now use natural shea butters for moisturizing. I want to be clear, there is nothing wrong with the soap being reviewed, but it just does not perform like raw African black soaps from Ghana. I am open to comments and questions at any time! Stay chem-free and live!

love t
Reviewed on July 15, 2016

I has acne a while ago it cleared up but i still have a bit of scaring. i have been using this for about 2 weeks now and honestly its great!!!. ive never had a cleanser that has managed to totally remove my makeup with out wipes, im really impressed. it did sting the first couple of times but that stopped. i also have dry skin but if you mosturise properly i use shea butter or cocoa butter and you'll be fine. its really cleared up my complexion, its fantastic.

GREATTTT
Reviewed on June 30, 2016

I have struggled with acne for about 5 years now. My doctors have concluded that it is hormonal. I have tried birth controls, prescription meds, topical treatments, etc. I also have tried Mary Kay acne line and Clinique acne line. Everything worked for about 3 months then went right back to where it started. I heard about African black soap not too long ago and was hesitant to try it because of the "purging" stage. However, with nothing helping I desperately went and bought some and just started using it about a month ago! I got the Shea Moisture brand black soap from Ulta, as well as a Shea moisture line moisturizer. I didn't think the soap was very drying. And within the month I've been using it, my face has slowly but surely started to heal!! I hope this continues to work and I don't mind waiting for it to get better because it seems as if it's deeply cleaning my skin and pores!! The first 2 weeks my face was more broken out but that went away fast. I would recommend this to others!!

Doesn't work for Hormonal Acne.
Reviewed on June 27, 2016

I used the Shea Moisture Black Soap Bar. I personally didn't see any major results from this. My acne is hormonal, so this had no effect on the hormonal fluctuations in my skin or the breakouts caused by it. However, it did feel really nice and it made my skin feel so soft and clean. Also, contrary to what other people have said, I loved the smell - it smelled like fruity chocolate. I would get a soap dish or something if you are going to use it because it will leave black stains wherever you put it while wet (not permanent ones, it just doesn't look nice lol). I used this as a nightly cleanser. If you have a lot of non-hormonal breakouts (shout out to the boys in the back) I don't think you have anything to lose by giving this a shot.

no results . spiraling into a deeper depression
Reviewed on June 7, 2016

everyone says African black soap cleanses the skin in a rather quick method .. i am 15 and have suffered with acne since I was 9 or 10. also hyperpigmentation and discoloration. and on my right cheek I also have a dark patch of suuuuuuper tiny blackheads? or just really tiny dark bumps? sometimes I can squeeze a tiny rice grain sized oil out of it but I don't know what they we they just won't go away. I've looked for someone who can tell me what they are or relate and no one can .I've tried everything , prescribed , over the counter. I was on a round of 70 doxyclicine pills and a gel . nothing worked so I read a ton of reviews on black soap and how it works quickly effectively on acne and can even help even skin tone / fade dark spots. I've been using it for a month and a half now , twice a day once in the morning with a moisturizer at night . and I see no results . ive strayed from makeup the whole time I've used it and I've continued to use it hoping my skin slowly shows some improvement but I'm afraid this is my last option and my acne / dark spot is really starting to become a key factor in my depression.. I don't even want to go outside or hang out with friends anymore. just need a miracle like the rest of these people on forums claim these products give them.

by healthequalbeauty on 06/23/2016 16:59
Hello, I am not sure what type of African Black Soap you are using but maybe it is not pure African Black Soap. It is usually dark brown and easy to break off. We have an African Black Soap that is really working. Our son begin using it and it has cleared his face very well he is 15 too and also minimized breakouts. We are also having a 15 Days to Clearer Skin African Black Soap Challenge on our Facebook page. Our soap is only $3.00 a bar and you only break off or cut the piece that you need. It is completely natural and fragrance free. Take a look at the challenge and our website. I hope this helps. [link removed] https://[link removed]
by Charidy Trevino on 06/29/2016 21:38
Try lemon oil for your dark spots!
by miacostello on 07/25/2016 04:52
try the acne.org products! it was a lifesaver for me and you see results after a few uses
like it
Reviewed on May 28, 2016

trying to desperately help my dry, itchy skin. I have acne, eczema, and sensitive skin. I have always used Dove soap, but I have found that this stuff is better. It is more drying in the sense that I feel "squeaky clean" skin after the shower, but yet my skin feels less irritated. I just make sure to put moisturizer on immediately. It's been really nice stuff. I just bought a second bar. Not sure I would use it on my face though...I stick to my Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash for that.

plateau effect??
Reviewed on May 12, 2016

I have extremely oily skin and hyperpigmentation, so when I heard about African black soap I thought it would be a miracle. So I bought a huge block of it from Amazon (it was cheaper that way) and I've been cutting it into small pieces to bring into the shower to use once a day. When I first started using it, I felt like the oil was being sucked out of my skin (in a good way), but I saw some improvement in my acne very quickly (I have moderate acne mostly on my forehead in the form of whiteheads and occasionally cysts). However, I've been using this for a few months now and I don't feel like I'm getting the same results as I was before. I'm still breaking out as much as before I started using the soap, so I'm not really sure what's wrong. I've been storing it in a small container and taking it out in the shower, so what I'm thinking is that the steam might be affecting the potency of the soap? (Does anyone have an answer or idea about this?)

With that said, it still works as good as any other Neutrogena / Clean & Clear / etc. cleanser I've ever used when it comes to making sure Armageddon doesn't break out on my skin. I've also noticed that I tend to produce much less oil than I have in the past, which is amazing because I've lived most of my life with a consistently shiny T-zone and now it's more of a slight sheen and far more manageable than it has been in the past.

good
Reviewed on May 11, 2016

African black soap is amazing. when I started using the soap my skin seemed to be getting a little dry around my blemishes, then as they cleared up this was no longer a problem and my skin looked great.

I follow up with a good moisturizer, usually almond oil or raw shea butter, on both face and body.

Works!
Reviewed on May 8, 2016

It's a bit drying at first because it is soap but this works for for acne and acne scars. Although it may be a bit slow because it's a natural method.