MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation reviews

2.9/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: MAC

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

Talc, Silica, Isostearyl Palmitate, Methicone, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [+/- Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides, (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ultramarines (CI 77007)] .

MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation NC20 for Women, 0.52 Ounce
updated: 06/07/2017 12:40 UTC

Amazing. READ!
Reviewed on June 27, 2016

So I have Comb/Dry Skin which has always been Acne Prone. I started using powder foundation because I hated how heavy liquid looked on my skin, especially as a male. I work on a Make-up Counter so my days are long, I work near enough 40 hours a week most weeks and the stress of working in and around people can sometimes reflect on the condition of my skin. I expected to break out at first with this powder, I read some reviews of people saying it was awful and how it broke them out but everyone I know who has it and uses it has naturally flawless skin. I was concerned at first as to whether it was a waste of money. The first 3 or 4 times I used it, it broke me out in little pimples, on my nose, forehead and cheek. I kept up with my skincare regime, applying a good clearing gel by Dermalogica and Sudocream before bed after wearing it all day. I wore it daily so my skin could get used to it, my heart was set on powder foundation. Within a week my skin started clearing up, it looked a lot fresher, less discolouration. I use this powder with my Spa Find Comb Stabalizing Moisturiser alongside a Kiko Colour Correcting Primer in Purple everyday. I use a Mac 129 brush to apply it with and now I see myself with no issues whatsoever. If you stick with it you will be absolutely fine, recover from the breakouts and it'll become a holy grail product. I am so happy with the way my skin has reacted to it, I have next to no spots now!

Broke me out.
Reviewed on April 25, 2016

MAC powders and foundation are great for coverage but they broke me out badly.

Most horrible powder on earth
Reviewed on April 24, 2016

I have used many foundations before and my sister gave me this Mac powder last month, along with seventeen foundation, it was the most horrible breakout month I have had in my life, and the more you use the more you have break outs. I just stopped it last week and now I am trying to deal with the scares left. Had to use it today to left my spirits up, and there u go again two new break outs, who ever made this is evil.

WORKS FINE IF USED PROPERLY! USE BRUSHES NOT SPONGES
Reviewed on December 16, 2015

i love Mac honestly its the best powder that i was able to use. it does make my skin oily and i get breakouts because i'm not cleaning my brushes as often as i should lol. but i'm trying oil control moisturizer and its better! another thing is having acne you have to make sure a lot of brushes you used are cleaned at least once a week, and that sponges are thrown away after every use! and hands are washed before and after you put your makeup on.

Made me break out
Reviewed on January 15, 2015

I remember purchasing this several years ago when I was in grade 8, it was the first high end foundation I'd bought before so I had high hopes for it, also most MAC foundations I notice don't come in a shade pale enough for me and are too yellow undertoned so I thought a powder would be more forgiving... plus help with oil control better. The first time I used this I noticed the day afterwards that I had small whiteheads all over where I applied it and I've NEVER had that happen to me with any sort of product before, makeup or otherwise. I decided to give it a bit of a break then try it again in a smaller portion of my face and same exact thing happened... I think I gave this away to one of my friends and it worked alright for them but there's so way I'll be repurchasing this product again. Not sure which ingredient(s) may have triggered this reaction as I've been perfectly fine using other talc based powders in the past but it makes me somewhat reluctant to try other MAC foundations.

Covers Good But Has Comedogenic Ingredients.
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

It looks good, feels nice, but you have to use a little bit or else it really makes your acne stand out. I don't like that it has ingredients that clog your pores, like talc. It was also very expensive. I bought the whole MAC set, besides the blush, and altogether it costed over $200. Just the powder costs about $30.

Great Coverage, Horrible Breakouts
Reviewed on December 23, 2013

You can't beat the colors and the coverage, but every single time I use this makeup it makes me breakout. I have this powder and only use it when I'm in a bind and literally every time I do I breakout. I've tried soooooo many times, ugh!

Reviewed on May 27, 2012

I use this product every summer and fall and I do not get break outs from it. This is a good product to use if you don't want to wear something heavy or if you are in a rush. It gives a very good amount of coverage for a powder and is easier to carry around than liquid foundation. I would probably recommend using a kabuki brush for maximum coverage.

If you apply too much you can spray some of MAC Fix Plus or something of the like and it will take away the cakey look. This will give you a more dewy finish while still absorbing oils since it is still a powder foundation. You can also lightly layer this over liquid foundation to give you more coverage.

I would not recommend this for people with dry skin. I would suggest using a primer or lotion with SPF prior to application because this product has none.

Reviewed on April 18, 2012

I really like this powder! If you apply it right, it will not look cakey :) Makes skin tone very even and pretty. I have had a few breakouts with this powder, but most of the time it wont break me out.

Sofi, Argentina