MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 reviews

2.1/5 - 24 reviews

Brand: MAC

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Octinoxate (2.5%) and Titanium Dioxide (1%).

Other Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Algae Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Lethicin, Hydrogenated Lethicin, Xanthan Gum, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Laureth-7, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Propylene Carbonate, BHT, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben; May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens.

MAC Studio Fix fluid spf 15 foundation NC25
updated: 04/23/2017 19:57 UTC
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation SPF 15 NC40
updated: 04/23/2017 23:40 UTC
MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15 NW45 30ml 1.0oz 100% Authentic!!
updated: 04/23/2017 19:57 UTC

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

Higly comedogenic, clogs n break you out
Reviewed on April 14, 2017

I am user of Mac studio fix fluid foundation n it's biggest fan. If looks damn beautiful on skin, gives full coverage n makes your face look like a perfectly painted canvas but the worst part comes later. It breaks you out like hell. It took me two years to understand the cause of my breakout. I never broke before, it was just like once in a blue moon concept. I got married in 2012, thenafter I started using Mac for beautiful coverage. It made me braekout with big huge cysts. But it was too hard to believe as their makeup artist claimed that it can't breakout any kinda skin. Then I got pregnant in 2015 n gradually stopped using that much makeup I.e. Mac studio fix.

Within few days my acne cleared n my skin looked clean. Since then I stopped using Mac foundations n my skin is free from acne completely.

Now m in search of equivalent beautiful foundation especially which gives yellow finish just like mac but with no breakout.

Plzz suggest

Regards

Coverage wasn't great, clogged pores
Reviewed on January 11, 2017

I bought this after seeing it is classed as a full coverage foundation. The coverage I would say was medium, my redness showed through and if I leave it on too long it did cause spots in my problem areas.

Breaks me out
Reviewed on December 11, 2016

I can't say i didn't help me to coverage my acne/scars, it have a really good coverage, but it feels kind of heavy, but it looks amazing when you put it in your skin, looks natural with one layer. After weeks, it breaks me out so badly, now I have pimples in my cheeks and in my forehead, I will buy another foundation, and return this. Very disappointed.

If you want to f**k your face, go get this
Reviewed on November 10, 2016

So. I'm giving it two starts just cause it has an amazing shade palette and I love the consistence and also the coverage is amazing. When you don't have acne prone skin, go get this for sure. But if you have, don't buy it. I went in Mac being considered that I will buy the best make up that I can and I asked for something that can cover. She gave me studio fix. Yes it was perfect color and covered everything. And yes in one week I had perfect pimples all over my face 😂 I didn't realize it's the make up and I continued using it another 2 months until I realize that I'm doing something wrong with the make up. I stoped using it and everything got fine. So for me never again :) but quality is nice.

Good coverage but very comedogenic!
Reviewed on June 20, 2016

Don't get me wrong....the coverage is amazing. First time I found a foundation that looked natural on me but I started noticing myself breaking out with tiny lumps all over my cheeks, jawline and forehead. This product is definitely NOT non-comedogenic. Unfortunately I still use it to cover my acne as I haven't purchased anything new and each time I'd break out.

Pimples everywhere
Reviewed on July 23, 2015

I wanted to give it one star but ugh I just love how the foundation. I was looking for a new foundation for an event I was going too and bought this one. Ive heard so many good reviews about how good coverage it gives. It did give a wonderful coverage but after I took it off....my face just broke out all over. Little tiny dots all over my chin and jawline. Pimples all over my forehead and cheeks. It was horrible it lasted for a good 2 months until I couldn't take it and went to the doctor.

by shasha1991 on 03/10/2016 05:08
What did the doctor tell you to do ?
Not good for acne skin
Reviewed on June 22, 2015

Years ago before I had bad acne I quite liked this foundation. Last year during a major breakout and with VERY bad oily skin I gave this another go.... not good for acne skin. Made me break out MUCH more and clogged my pores really badly and also made them appear more visible.

SO good!
Reviewed on June 22, 2015

this is an amazing foundation! I have been using it everyday for the last 3 weeks and my skin is better than ever.

I went to MAC and asked for a foundation that could is buildable and that would work on very combination skin (like seriously combination - my t-zone is so oily I'm surprised BP hasn't contacted me yet for drilling rights..)

anyway back on topic - in the store they emphasised having well moisturised skin but also mixing a primer or moisturiser into the foundation to sheer it out and make it less cakey and heavy - and what a difference it makes! Naturally I was hesitant of layering moisturiser onto my already oily t-zone but to be honest it hasn't been a problem at all - and I've been told that adding extra moisture can help the situation which it does seem to have done pretty nicely.

I have also tried the foundation alone and while it can be pretty with an hour and a half of buffing - it's not perfect! (good for a night out though - it doesn't go anywhere)

I sort of feel like you have to approach this bottle as being a very big and very heavy duty concealer - it is just SO pigmented. But when sheered out it is absolutely gorgeous and lasts ALL day and ALL night (even with my oil slick of a t-zone).

All in all i think this is a very nice foundation that is just being a little misunderstood!

p.s. its EVEN BETTER with FIX+ sprayed under it aswell as when you are done :)

Caused terrible acne
Reviewed on May 20, 2015

I went to the MAC counter looking for a foundation with a good coverage and the lady offered me the studio fix fluid and tried it on me and I loved it! However after only wearing it for 4 days I now have terrible acne, which I have never had before, I occasionally get a few spots but nothing like this. My face was completely covered in spots and was incredibly sore, stay away from it!

by Croteau007 on 07/10/2015 20:40
Can I ask what you did to get rid of the acne? I got my makeup done for my birthday awhile back and since I break out regularly. I never use to have acne, I mean maybe once a month one little spot. I never had to use concealer but if I did I would never break out. I've spent so much money on products. I'm considering a dermatologist although I don't believe my insurance will cover it. Searching for solutions!
Use Sparingly
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I bought this foundation on a splurge in the summer after my birthday and had it colour tested. I would like to mention the girls in the store did not do the foundation justice as they all looked as if they had wall paper paste on their faces. I was warned about oxidising and how I should apply in small layers with a stippling brush, but in store it looked fine, just a tad overdone. I tried this out a few days later to see it was thick, hard to blend and cakey, so I left it for a powder foundation instead. I tried it consistantly to find the colours and consistency was way off until recently when I pulled it out. I used a tiny amount with a damp beauty blender and blended it evenly down my neck and it looked fine. I added a little bit more and powdered and it didn't cake at all.

Overall verdict - Use thin layers and slowly build it up.