Lush Herbalism Cleanser reviews

3.9/5 - 21 reviews

Brand: Lush

Lush Herbalism Cleanser

Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Kaolin, Kaolin, Glycerine, Glycerine, Chlorophyllin Water (Aqua), Chlorophyllin Water (Aqua), Nettle, Rosemary, Rice Vinegar Extract (Urtica dioica, Rosmarinus officinalis), Rice Bran (Oryza sativa), Rice Bran (Oryza sativa), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), Sage Oil (Salvia sclarea), Perfume, Perfume.

EH
Reviewed on March 29, 2016

I started using Herbalism as of a month ago. i did see change at first, but after a while my blemishes came back. it also does not help when coming to minimize the redness. its overall good at making your skin smooth tho. although i did buy it because it said it would even squinting as well, didn't work its magic on that either. it is a bit weird at first when using, you get used to it tho.

superb!
Reviewed on February 16, 2016

I am absolutely obsessed with this face wash. it moisturizes and helps with the dry patches on my skin. I have only been using this product for about a week and I can already see a difference. I have finally found something that continues to improve my acne. try it!

Pricey but WORTH EVERY PENNY and can go a long ways
Reviewed on December 21, 2015

I came across Lush Cosmetics through Youtube and heard how wonderful Herbalism was for acne prone skin. I know everyone's skin is different but it REALLY worked wonders for mine! I have oily-combo skin with random dry patches and I've been fighting acne since middle school (I'm 24 now) so I decided give Herbalism a try and wow it's made a great difference in my skin! I don't get the deep painful cyst acne anymore, and if I do breakout, it's a small pimple that goes away after a day or two. I use Herbalism in the morning and night (sometime's I'll swap it with Lush's Angels On Bare Skin cleanser at night) Every week I do a salicylic acid face scrub (I like the Yes To Tomatoes one) and I also use Witch Hazel as a toner, and I do any spot treatments with Lush's Grease Lightning, finish it off with some light moisturizer and this has worked! ( I also change my pillowcases every few days and TRY to eat better and not touch my face a lot)

I also wanted to say that if you have a LUSH store near you, go inside and ask for a sample of any of their products and you can test them out first. That's how I first tried Herbalism. The nearest Lush store is about a hour away from me so after my first visit I end up ordering online which can add up quick because i buy the big tub of it and with shipping costs but I think it's well worth the money. hope this helps!

Awesome! Natural and AWESOME!!
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

I had acne problems randomly start up at the age of 31. Deep "zits" that would scar if popped, but pulsed with pain if left alone. I did so research but found nothing natural work to well. I lucked out and came by LUSH at the mall and went in and browsed around looking for something to try. I came across Hebalism and gave it a shot. It started clearing my skin as existing pimples faded off and less and less new ones re appeared. It's now been 6-7 months and my skin is pimple free and no scars. I've been wanting to come share my experience as I know how frustrating acne can be!! I'd recommend trying this natural product. Wash with Herbalism in AM and before bed in PM and don't miss any days and I think you'll be presently surprised in 1-2 weeks. I hope this helps someone(s) out there!

Finally! after a long skin care journey
Reviewed on September 14, 2015

I have a problem with dry skin, when my skin is dry it produces more oil/sebum and then I break out terribly with cystic ance and regular pimples all over my face. I first cut dairy out of my diet which drastically reduced my cystic acne but I wasn't out of the woods yet. Then I switched from commercial chemical cleansers and exfoliants to all natural products. I started with Giovanni's Dtox cleansers and scrubs which totally cleared up my cystic acne and reduced regular pimples but I was still having regular (smaller) breakouts. Then I found Lush's Herbalism. This stuff totally keeps my face moisturized while gently exfoliating and cleasing. My face is finally healing with an ever so rare pimple here and there, nothing compared to what I was dealing with before! I also use Lush's Enzymion Facial Moisturizer, it smells like almonds and is light enough to keep my pores unclogged.

Made my skin less red
Reviewed on January 3, 2015

I use this along with Lush's Grease Lightning.

I have always had red/pink cheeks and nose along with acne. This has taken almost all of the red out of my face; it's amazing. My acne is practically gone too. I'm 24 and thought I was always going to have acne but I think I finally found products that work for me

If you have combination skin with redness problems; use this

Great cleanser, but I won't be using it for acne.
Reviewed on September 23, 2014

I recently purchased this product in an attempt to break free from harsh chemical facewashes. Within two days of using it I noticed a lot of my acne had toned down, and red marks had begun fading. I used this product twice a day for four weeks, morning and night. The first two weeks were great, my breakouts were reduced and my face had cleared up incredibly! (my boyfriend even commented that when he uses it his face feels "radiant" and "glowing"!) By the three week mark, I had gotten a large cystic breakout on my chin and jaw and by four weeks my acne had returned.

While I absolutely LOVE this product, I do believe I'll be returning to my other facewash to get rid of breakouts.

I'll definitely be trying it again when I feel my skin is in a better condition to do so, because this product is AMAZING!

Pros:

It makes your skin feel clean

Good exfoliate

Not harsh at all

It smells amazing! Very earthy

It cleared me up within a few days

Gives skin a nice glow/radiance/makes it look very healthy

It got rid of A LOT of blackheads on my nose somehow

Cons:

I honestly can't think of any, this product is excellent, but not what I need right now. I'll be coming back to it when I have clearer/easier to manage skin.

The only thing that has ever worked for me!
Reviewed on July 4, 2014

I've always had trouble with acne, but it all changed when I started Herbalism. When I first started using it I broke out A LOT. I went back to the store to return it, but the girl working explained that the product was going to pull everything forward, causing a breakout in the beginning, and then it would in turn soothe my skin- about a 2 week proccess. I decided to try it again and I couldn't be happer! I dont have as many blackheads or under the skin pimples.

Scrubs such as St. Ives can be very rough on the skin, causing small abbrasions that can easily get infected or filled with dirt, causing more acne. Herbalism is such a gentle scrub so it does not damage your skin.

The only downfall is that I don't feel like it completely removes all of my makeup, so I use Ultrabland to remove excess eye makeup prior, and sometimes I finish with an ocean salt scrub just to be extra clean. I rub my face with coconut oil afterwards, and surprisingly it has not caused any further breakouts.

Herbalism
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

I would recommend this product to anyone looking for an exfoliator to use on their sensitive skin. Personally, I can't use most exfoliators because they tend to do more harm than good. However, herbalism does an amazing job of exfoliating my skin without leaving me feeling like I just scrubbed my face with sand paper. I wash my face with herbalism in the morning before applying makeup because it removes any flakiness or dry skin that I have. The only downside is that it hasn't really made a difference in my acne. I'm also currently using Lush's tea tree water and Neutrogena's All-in-One treatment.

by dds on 09/14/2015 22:03
Neutragena could be drying out your face. Try also using a facial cloth mask at night before bed soaked in honey/water or just plain water. The mask forces your face to soak up moisture and heal. They made a major difference for me.
Best cleanser ever
Reviewed on January 21, 2014

*BACK STORY*

I had light occasional breakouts through my mid-teens that would just get worse if I tried to use regular face washes and exfoliants. I'm a freshman in college now and in the past few months had been experiencing really painful, deep pimples all over my forehead, temples, chin, and cheeks. My skin would also flake a LOT around my nose and forehead after washing and then get really oily throughout the day.

*ACTUAL REVIEW*

Out of all of the cleansers and exfoliants I've ever used, Herbalism is by far the best. It comes in a kind of squishy patty shape in a plastic container. The label says it's good for about four months before it's time to toss (if you have any left). It has an earthy kind of "green" smell that's unusual but not unpleasant. It's sometimes a little tricky to get the right consistency because you have to break off a small bit, crumble it in your palm, and add a small amount of water to create a paste, but it's not runny and is super easy to massage into your skin. I feel like the wicked witch of the west when I wash my face because of the green color, which is fun. Its texture creates a nice gentle exfoliant that gets every bit of dead or flaky skin off without being harsh or gritty, which I love because I have VERY delicate skin. After every wash (I use it at night before bed), my face feels soft, smooth, and balanced. My acne has quickly faded, and the few new pimples I've gotten have gone away within just a couple of days after appearing. My skin also no longer flakes as soon as it dries and gets nowhere near as oily throughout the day. I highly recommend this for everyone with combination/problem skin. It's a miracle product for my crazy sensitive skin as well. The fact that Lush is a vegan brand (no animal byproducts or animal testing) and has employees that really know their stuff and helped me pick the perfect products is just the icing on the cake.

*SIDE NOTE*

I have been using Herbalism Cleanser in combination with Tea Tree Water Toner, Imperialis Facial Moisturizer, and Grease Lightning Spot Treatment. I and my friends have noticed that my face has a new healthy glow, too!