Lush Fresh Farmacy reviews

4.1/5 - 27 reviews

Brand: Lush

Lush Fresh Farmacy

Calamine Powder, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerine, Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Limonene, Linalool, Perfume, Marigold Flowers (Calendula officinalis).

Lush Fresh Farmacy

Left residue and caused acne
Reviewed on March 21, 2017

I really wanted to like this product but I really hated it for my skin. In fact it made my skin worse. The only positive was that my skin looked less red because of the calamine. I still had existing acne/cystic acne and it did nothing for it but made it worse. It clogged my pores and was terrible to wrinse off.. I always felt residue left over even with a toner. Just bad all over for me.

"GREAT PRODUCT FOR ANY SKIN"
Reviewed on August 24, 2016

i literally bought this yesterday and because i have combination skin, its hard to find a product that works..however, this bar helped my skin by toning down my redness and reducing the look of oily skin and managed to control my flakey skin around my nose. after washing i used the eau roma toner and my skin absorbed it seconds! i bought the small bottle of eau roma for around $10 and i got the bar for $8, the total with tax came up to around $22, in my opinion its not that expensive and very much worth it! so far so good!

This is worth
Reviewed on July 24, 2016

If you have any kind of oily, combination, or acne-prone skin, this product (followed by judicious non-comodogenic moisturising) will make your troubles disappear! It's also great for soothing irritated pimples - just dab the corner of the bar in water, apply to the spot, and let it sit overnight! Works on bug bites too, cos it's calamine! :)

Great product
Reviewed on May 27, 2015

I love right by a lush cosmetics. It may seem expensive but I swear they have such great organic products A+

So far so good
Reviewed on February 15, 2015

I have been using this in conjunction with Lush's tea tree toner and Sudocrem (zinc cream) for only two weeks and I can't complain, I normally wake up with new breakouts every morning but since using this morning/night I haven't had any new spots, my face gets quite itchy and inflamed around my trouble areas and this calms it right down and takes the sting out (it contains calamine which is a natural skin calmant, the main ingredient in calamine is zinc). It smells great, it's natural, it lasts for a long time and it's relatively cheap and easy to get. Only downside is that it doesn't lather very well but you still get that clean feel, I personally haven't had any problem with residue, I just wash of with warm water and apply tea tree toner afterwards. It also cleans and closes pores beautifully.

LOVED THISSS!!!
Reviewed on July 30, 2014

I've always been a fan of Lush, but I was sceptical when it came to their skincare (I just thought it would be too weak). However, after hearing great things about this soap, I decided to try it out. I stuck to it for about three months (and got through one bar- it lasts for ages considering I used an ample amount twice a day), and my face was almost completely clear apart from the tiny under-the-surface ones that are stubborn as heck and feel rough. For that reason, I moved on to another product, but I do wish I continued with this. TO be honest, I'm just glad I have it as a back-up in case I don't find anything else that's as (or more) effective.

by Shreyk on 08/30/2016 11:01
Hey. Thanks for the review. Can you please tell me that which product you used for those under-the-surface ones?
Smells lovely but dries up my face like no tomorrow...
Reviewed on July 28, 2014

I've been using over-the-counter type products since I was a teenager (now 27) and really want to get off these products and have been looking for something more natural. After reading these reviews I thought 'wow', I can't wait to start using it! Sadly, this product dries my face. I've even developed a patch of dry, flaky skin on one of my cheeks after 4 days of use. This is not to say the product isn't great, it just isn't great for me. I don't know how long it takes for new cleansers to adjust but if my skin doesn't adjust in a week I think I am going to have say goodbye to Fresh Farmacy..

Good for redness
Reviewed on July 12, 2014

Clears redness and dries acne but even after rinsing 10 times it still leaves some residue which i can feel. Make sure to apply toner after using it to clean all the residue that can clog your pores. It doesn't lather quite well.

So good
Reviewed on June 9, 2014

I've been using this product relgiously for the past 3 months, and I am loving it! My skin feels awesome after using it, and I love the way it lathers.

Best Cleanser for acne-prone skin!
Reviewed on April 24, 2014

I hate spending too much money on cleansers but this one is definitely worth it. I have noticed that my skin calms down after using this and my acne heals quickly with this. It does leave your face with the squeaky clean, dry feeling. I recently started using Accutane, and of course for the past two weeks my skin has been going through its initial breakout stage. Nothing seemed to help heal the pimples (BP spot treatments, tree tea oil etc) I figured I'd go back to my fresh farmacy, and literally after 3 days my face has been clearing up and the redness from the Accutane looks less severe. Sadly, this cleanser does dry my skin even more, but right after I pat dry my face I apply a thick cream. LOVE THIS!