Lush Dark Angels Charcoal-Licorice Scrub reviews

4.1/5 - 7 reviews

Brand: Lush

Rhassoul Mud, Cold Pressed Avocado Oil (Persea gratissima), Glycerine, Powdered Charcoal, Black Sugar (sucrose), Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Perfume, *Linalool, Sandalwood Oil (Santalum album), Rosewood oil (Aniba rosaeodora).

Reviewed on May 19, 2013

This possible contributed to making my breakouts worse. To get started, it left a black residue which I had to use makeup remover to get rid of, and yes--I have heard of using toner to get rid of it. Secondly, it smelt...weird. Thirdly, it was a little too abrasive for my skin, even though it was a cool black color to look at, it felt like little pebbles on my face. I would not recommend this. I couldn't stand using it longer than a couple of days since I was running out of makeup removing pads fast.

Reviewed on March 22, 2013

I feel like this has cleared me up more than any other product has! Its not like one of those products that destroy your skin and dry it out to get rid of the acne. I actually love washing my face with this stuff because I love how my skin feels afterwards. Its a fantastic exfoliator and leaves your skin glowing and feeling so smooth and wonderfully soft. It doesn't clear all of my acne but my skin definitely feels clean and healthy, and it has cleared me up quite a bit!

Reviewed on January 24, 2012

This is good stuff for all of you who have never felt like your skin as never felt...smooth.

I have oily, acne skin and decided to try something more natural after I got sick of buying 100 cases of Acne free. so I found LUSH. After trying herbalism and it not being strong enough I tried this. the charcoal sounded odd but after reading more it made sence. It also has tea tree oil in it which sooths the skin and sugar (please don't eat it). After the first night i put a pea size amount in my hand and a bit of water to get a paste. It was weird washing my face with it becuase i could feel it scrubing. After I washed it off, WOW! my skin has never felt so smooth!!! I can't stop touching my face (which I should lol). I use this with Enz...moisturizer and Tea tree toner and I have wonder feeling skin.

Note: not for dry or sensitive skin, it'll kill your skin and don't push to hard. As well as for me this didn't get rid of my acne but cleared it up quite a bit so I'm happy :)

Reviewed on October 11, 2011

I was really impressed with this product. My friend and I went to our local lush store to stock up on some lush goodies and I stopped to look at this product. The sales associate offered to give my friend and I a facial. She used dark angels and after she was done, I'll admit I was hesitant to buy this! I am so happy I did though. This product is amazing. I use dark angels as my morning cleanser (my makeup goes on really smooth after using dark angels) and proactive as my night time cleanser. The two work wonders.

A tip: like other reviews have said. make sure you use a toner after cleansing with dark angels. It gets rid of extra black/ gray color the cleanser leaves behind. :)

I can't say this enough. I LOVE this product.

Oh: also try lush cupcake made fresh mask.. and the vanishing cream facial moisturizer cream! <3 both of those products too!

Reviewed on June 27, 2011

It cleared off any excess oil on my face and made it super super soft. I love the feel of my skin after I clear it off. It makes my sink dirty but it is definitely worth it. Lush offers different sizes, and I use a dime size amount, and the little 9 dollar container has lasted me 3 months. It is harsh if you have dry skin, and I only use it once every 1 and a half weeks. All in All I LOVE it with all my heart.

Reviewed on March 23, 2010

This is a really great product from Lush; after trying and being very disappointed with Herbalism and Fresh Farmacy, I wasn't eager to try another facial cleanser from this company. However, when the SA recommended this to me as being a cross between Angels on Bare Skin and Coalface (two products I'd always been interested in), I gave in. I got a small amount, but it's lasted me a while now. It forms a paste much, much more easily than Herbalism did, and the sugar exfoliates really well. The only issue with the exfoliation is that, when using it twice a day, my skin can get a little red. It does get rid of oil without drying my skin and causing excess oil production. The only disappointment about this is that it doesn't clear my acne that well :-(

Reviewed on February 16, 2010

Because it's organic and oil free, it is a miracle scrub for acne prone skin. It has charcoal which draws out oil, licorice root extract (which is an anti-inflammatory), and organic soap that washes off the charcoal. It is abrasive enough to refine your pores. Really great scrub!!