Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser reviews

3.3/5 - 9 reviews

Brand: Lush

Lush Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser

Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine , Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula hybrida), Rose Absolute (Rosa centifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria Chamomilla), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Lavender Flowers (Lavendula hybrida), Limonene, Linalool.

This stuff is magic!
Reviewed on December 22, 2016

I used this over the summer and my acne seriously just disappeared. I get regular breakouts that cover my cheeks, around the mouth, and track down to my neck. This stuff just cleared it all up. I think what really helped was that it's gentle but has a light exfoliation. Definitely need to buy more since I ran out!

This made me breakout
Reviewed on July 29, 2016

This is the first week I've been using it and my skin has never been this bad. I virtually had no acne before using this product because I have severely dry skin but now my face is definitely reacting to it.... I'm never using this again.

I have mixed feelings about this
Reviewed on August 19, 2015

this product was very good on my skin but after about 2 1/2 weeks of using this product my acne started to come back and bad

this product does NOTHING to help acne it lightly scrubs your face and that's it.

My Favorite Cleanser
Reviewed on April 28, 2015

I have very sensitive acne prone skin that tends to be more on the dry side. I love Angels on Bare Skin because it balances my skin. It doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or greasy. It also doesn't leave my skin very red like everything else does. I also don't have to pack on a ton of moisturizer after this because it leaves my skin so soft. I love this and highly recommend this if you're struggling with similar acne to me.

Mediocre Facial Scrub
Reviewed on January 25, 2014

I liked this product for it's smell and the novelty of using it but it is a very basic and borderline ineffective scrub.

I don't think this should be called a cleanser because I don't see how it could possibly cleanse the skin at all.

It is way too overpriced as you can make it yourself for about 50P with ingredients from the health food store.

I used it up but wouldn't buy again as it doesn't even exfoliate that well (still left with flakes).

Kay, CA
Reviewed on January 27, 2012

The smell is natural and may seem quite awkward when you first get it, but the scent has really warmed up to me and I love it.

This product is quite pricy but it last a while. You only use a pea size amount a day. I use this in the morning and it's awesome and refreshing.

If you have a Lush nearby, stop and take a look. You can try it on your hand and feel how great it feels. :)

Bonnie, UK
Reviewed on August 15, 2011

I had totally clear skin throughout my teens, until it went bad at 20 or 21. It started with a few pimples on my chin, then started getting big deep ones on my cheeks (not actually cystic). I tried lots of different cleansers, but these were all really harsh: Biactol, Clearasil, Quinoderm, and didn't make much difference and really dried out my skin.

I used Lush bath products for years but had been worried about using the solid cleansers because of germs... :s I gave Fresh Farmacy a go and it broke me out, then cleared me up, then dried me out. I gave up after a couple of months and went back to Quinoderm. But then switched to Angels on Bare Skin just under a year ago and I absolutely love it.

It took about 3 weeks to notice the improvement, and other people have commented.

I use it morning and night and then use Quinoderm BP after it at night.

Using it 2x daily a tub lasts me 4-6 weeks.

I now only get new spots before my period, and they don't get massive or leave a bad mark like before. I still have old red and pink marks waiting to fade, but they're going slowly by surely. As long as I keep using AoBS I think I'll be OK.

I highly recommend it, but I also recommend getting a free sample first so you can see if it's not too much of a hassle to use, and if it agrees with your skin.

The technique I recommend is: wash your hands and wet your face, *dry your hands*, pinch a small amount of AoBS with your dominant hand and put it in your other hand, then sprinkle water on it a little at a time (not too much) and mix, then either apply using fingers of your dominant hand or rub your hands together and scrub your face.

Anony mouse, New York
Reviewed on May 18, 2011

honestly if this works for you ... great

i have oily skin and this was recommended to me from one of the people that worked there, she asked me if i had oily skin, i do so she gave me this! it didn't exactly clear my acne and isn't supposed to but it didn't exactly clean my skin either...

Reviewed on March 1, 2011

This is my favourite exfoliating cleanser. It is so gentle and it smells so nice.

I definitely prefer this to other bead or pit exfoliators which irritate and hurt my skin. The raw ground almond leaves my skin soft and free of loose skin and flakiness. It reduces redness and removes excess oils, leaving my skin matte.

I use this cleanser every other day and interchangeably with the Fresh Farmacy bar cleanser.

I bought 100g of it for just over $10, and haven't finished it yet. I would recommend buying about $5 worth for the first time around - or ask for a free sample - as the texture/scent might turn some people off.