L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation reviews

3.5/5 - 15 reviews

Brand: L'Oreal

Titanium Dioxide (10%).

Boron Nitride, Kaolin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Copernicia Derifera (Carnauba) Wax, Calcium Gluconate, Manganese Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Copper PCA, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Tocopherol, Panthenol.

May Also Contain:
Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxycloride, Mica, Iron Oxides.

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation

L'Oreal True Match Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup, SPF 19, Soft Ivory 456, .35 oz
updated: 09/30/2016 15:41 UTC

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Foundation

Miracle makeup for oily acne-prone skin
Reviewed on March 28, 2017

This makeup is my holy grail everyday foundation. I prefer light-medium coverage for a natural look, and this makeup gives me that. The brush that comes with it is worthless. I apply with a kabuki brush, first by dabbing powder all over my face (concentrating on areas of redness and scarring from previous breakouts). Then I buff it out in circular motions both clockwise and counterclockwise (to minimize pores). It is very buildable without being cakey. My skin always feels like it can breathe. As with all mineral powder, this has a totally matte finish at first. As soon as my skin starts to produce oil, the makeup takes on a healthy sheen but NOT shiny! I am very oily, so I blot frequently with oil absorbing sheets. This makeup stays on all day with just a few touchups needed. I absolutely recommend this to anyone with normal to oily skin!

its not for me
Reviewed on February 2, 2016

it was good coverage but it made my face break out and clogged my pore

Amazing Foundation
Reviewed on March 5, 2015

I was using BareMinerals when I ran out and was given this. This is one of my favourite drugstore foundations because it doesn't break me out, covers amazingly and reduces redness. It's buildable, doesn't look like your wearing any makeup and mineralises my pores.

Finally! A drugstore Mineral Foundation that does not break me out!!
Reviewed on March 24, 2014

My experience with this Mineral Foundation has been an absolute joy! I have been using this for over a fortnight now and It has not broken me out yet, and I can assure you that is strange for me! I break out at the drop of a hat. Especially makeup. I have just recently bought my second back up bottle because I love it that much! (and there was a 40% off sale at priceline). I love how it doesn't break me out and I can feel it lets my skin breath all day, I even do gym wearing it (when i'm too lazy to take it off..which is nearly everyday) and have not broken out, crazy huh? I use a blush brush to apply because I find this size brush fits into the bottle, I tap 3 times with my brush handle on top before opening to settle the powder so it does not go everywhere. I have got the technique down pack so I do not spill any anymore nor make a mess. I build my coverage up to a light-medium coverage and I find it leaves a wonderful dewy finish :) It looks like skin! Doesn't even look like i'm wearing makeup when I have it on. Covers blemishes extremely well. I just absolutely love this for everyday foundation - in fact I have even been using it for special occasions because I just love that airy feeling, that "my skin is actually still breathing with makeup on" feeling.

I love that this mineral foundation is easy to find, don't have to go online and wait for postage :)

Laura, MN
Reviewed on October 15, 2012

Bottom Line, spend your money elsewhere. It doesn't really give you the coverage you need and it made my face break out

Anonymous, ca
Reviewed on September 19, 2012

The best coverage from a mineral makeup that i've ever had. I find that with other mineral brands I have to keep layering and layering the product on my face for good coverage and it takes a lot of time. I can apply a light layer of this and it instantly covers redness and bumps. I had been using this makeup for about 4 years then decided to try other mineral makeup but they were all terrible/bad coverage. The packaging does suck, so I transfer it to a different dispenser.

Reviewed on June 15, 2012

I'm surprised to see this hasn't had any top ratings so far as I think this is a really great product. For a drugstore bare minerals type product at a reasonable price, this has been the beauty secret that women are switching over to for a quick coverage-touch up before they head to their busy lives. I don't just necessarily mean with just L'Oreal bare minerals, but all the other mineral powders out there. I apply Olay Complete Care Moisturiser with SPF 15 as a base, then dab the brush into the powder, tap excess back into the pot and work around in circular motions on my face. Add a touch of concealer, blusher and maybe lipstick, and then 'Hey, presto! Looking good to head out'. I feel it also helps accentuates my nose, making it appear narrower as when applied on, the sheen after a few hours reflects nicely with the light. I have also been using it on my legs, to hide any skin discolouration which works just as nicely but seems to look more natural later during the day as it softens with my skin. As I have been using the same brush (the one on top) on my legs, I've made sure to buy a separate Kabuki brush for my face. So I'm not mixing around with whatever moisturiser I've been using on my legs with the same brush.

Reviewed on June 10, 2012

I loved this foundation and the shade I had. I have since switched foundations because I ran out and buying it as a stand-alone foundation was upwards of $35. I think the coverage was fantastic to hide my blackheads, acne marks and my underground pimples. Because of my oily skin, it did come off when blotting, but I would just use a primer beforehand.

Definitely recommend.

Reviewed on March 9, 2012

It's a great powder because it covers a lot and that is a plus because my acne is horrible. It doesn't look caked on. I don't like that it makes my face oily, but other than that it's pretty nice.

Anonymous, Arizona
Reviewed on June 14, 2011

never buying this again. I have VERY oily skin that becomes oily only an hour after applying makeup. When I try to blot off excess oil, my makeup comes off too. I would say it provides light to medium coverage and works horribly with breakouts. Does not look matte, so i would not recommend especially if you have oily skin