L'Oreal L'Oreal True Match Foundation reviews

3.1/5 - 34 reviews

Brand: L'Oreal

Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9 15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl
Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Mica.

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, SPF 17, Sun Beige W6, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, SPF 17, Nude Beige, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, SPF 17, Classic Ivory, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Foundation, Light Ivory W2, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Foundation, Creme Cafe W8, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, Cappuccino, 1-Fluid Ounce
updated: 11/26/2014 13:55 UTC

True Match not as good as what everyone makes it out to be!
Reviewed on October 3, 2014

Okay so i bought this product about a year ago ( the bottle says its good for a year) but anyway at first it was lovely! Now i don't have a problem with acne or anything like that, but i do get spots here and there and i was told i have combination to oily skin. Yet this foundation lately has dried my skin out, any patch of my skin that was dry it stuck to! Plus i had Been washing my face like normal with a cleanser and toner and a moisturizer. Then when i applied the foundation after i had applied a prime, yet it brought out the dry areas on face which was mainly my t-zone, which i couldn't understand and to this day don't understand as my t-zone usually gets oily. So anyway what it has been doing is sticking to dry areas an making my face look really flakey and cakey, ive tried adding a bit more foundation and when i did that my face super oily ( more than normal) and the foundation moved and it looked patchy. I tried adding a bit less and it still showed dry areas. Although i will say this foundation did do well in matching my skin color and did an okay job at blending( when it wasn't making my face look unpleasant). To be honest I'm quite upset with this product as everybody raves about and at first it seemed it was working and doing its job, i did want it to work for my face and unfortunately it just doesn't. Also i use a high end products when i was washing my face with is Clairns, i also went to the body shop and they gave me a serum that helps out dry areas, i used this and then true match and it did help a bit but you could still see the dry areas a bit. Now this is how i know it defiantly does not work for me is that a few days ago i went and bought Rimmel Wake me up Foundation which is cheaper and didn't show any dry areas, as when i used this foundation i didn't have any and it made my t-zone oily which is how my t-zone had always been before the true match. So for me I'm unsure as to whether i spend another $30 and see if it does the same or if i spend less, $20 to be exact and get the Rimmel Foundation. I think i will be doing the reasonably option and spending my Money on Rimmel. I would give them product a 2/5 as lately it has looked unpleasant and made me feel quite insecure i was always trying to fix the foundation and nothing honestly really worked!

Quick Signs of Acne
Reviewed on August 28, 2014

I have recently bought this product. 2 days ago to be exact. And my first day I was taking it off when I saw and felt pimples and bumps and My goodness im rarely on of those people who have acne! So this is quite a new concept. I take great care of my skin, im not oily, I use a sponge not a brush. But this product does amazingly well in blending and it matches my color. The only reason I haven't thrown away this product is because well it cost money and it can hide the ance is created quite well but my god it hurts!

Love this
Reviewed on August 4, 2014

I have minor acne and lots of dryness and scarring from the Regimen. This is a great everyday foundation for me! It comes in so many shades which is amazing because I have very pale skin and the shade C2 Natural Ivory matches me flawlessly. It is light-medium coverage, so if you have strongly moderate or severe acne it probably won't cover enough for you, but on minor acne it is great. Not to mention it kept my dry patches at bay and stayed on all day. Definitely going to be buying this again!

BREAKS ME OUT !!
Reviewed on July 10, 2014

I have oily, acne prone skin and even using the littlest amount of this like only one shake from the bottle makes me get horrible acne EVERYWHERE. My skin was mostly clear and I decided to use this (what an awful mistake) and broke out on my forehead and nose where I NEVER EVER break out and red pimples all over my cheeks and sides of my face. This is the only thing I changed in my routine. My face feels tingly after I wear this and I look in the mirror and my face is irritated. This is the only foundation that matches my skin color right now which is the only reason I use it when I have things to do. I Regret it EVERY SINGLE TIME. As soon as I buy a new foundation I will be THROWING THIS IN THE TRASH! This makes me oily as heck and has no coverage and somehow cakes around pimples and irritates skin, if you have oily acne prone and DEFINITELY sensitive skin do NOT waste your money on this garbage. :(

Best Color Selection and good coverage
Reviewed on June 29, 2014

While this is my favorite foundations and it doesn't make me break-out I have read some complaints about it making others break out. (Make sure you're not applying your foundation with your fingers and your brushes and sponges are cleaned regularly.) Okay, so I have really oily beast skin and I really love this foundation. It comes in a million shades and I can usually get about 6 hours of wear out of it, I'm usually reapplying a matte powder by hour 4. I love that there is a perfect shade for my skin, it's super blendable, and you get great coverage. I always, always, always wear a primer (POREfessional by Benefit) under my foundation. I don't like the way liquid foundation feels on my skin and I like knowing there is a barrier between my skin and the makeup. This makes my skin look so smooth and I usually don't have to apply any concealer to spots on my face when I use this, so I would recommend this product, but with any foundation I would recommend using a good moisturizer and a primer.

Goes on smooth, but very greasy
Reviewed on January 26, 2014

My skin used to be more oily before I switched my cleanser, so when I tried this foundation, it had a tendency to turn my face into an oily mess and I haven't used it for a few months. Even now that my skin isn't so oily, it has trouble staying on. I haven't tried using a powder on top, but I plan on doing so. Despite these problems, I think it's a pretty good foundation. It matches my skin tone so well. I know some others have said it has a yellowish tint to it, but for me it's not an issue. I bought mine a while ago so I'm not sure if they changed the formula since then. I also haven't seen any difference with my acne, but I haven't really used it for more than a few days in a row.

**Edit: I've tried it while using a powder to set it, and this is the only way it stays on for the whole day. Otherwise, if I'm not thinking and rest my face on my sleeve or pull a sweater over my head, it ends up on my clothes. Works amazing now that I've found the right powder to put on top. It doesn't make me break out either as long as I remember to clean it off.

Great foundation!
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

I wear this at least 3 days a week and saw no difference in my acne. I still love this foundation even though i've got oily skin. Maybe you can try using a setting spray or primer before like i do. Oh and it MUST be used with a powder! Translucent, like e.l.f.'s HD Powder, or the True Match Powder but a shade lighter that the foundation.

Don't judge a book by its cover..
Reviewed on February 17, 2014

I heard this foundation was great, by loads of people, so I bought it thinking it would be buildable coverage and long lasting, which it definitely wasn't. But after talking to a friend how had recently got rid of acne, and is working in the makeup section of a department store, she said; instead of using a thick foundation and clogging up my skin, she said use a normal/thin foundation and use a mineral powder to focus on my acne over the top. So I went into a drugstore and found out that the true match foundation had a powder with minerals in, so I bought that. And so far it has worked really well, so if anyone is finding this foundation too thin and useless BUY THE TRUE MATCH POWDER TO GO WITH IT.

Better for Dry Skin
Reviewed on September 26, 2013

The L'Oreal True Match make up definitely has the widest color range of any drugstore foundation line. It offers buildable coverage - from sheer to medium. However, this is not capable of covering severe hyperpigmentation without help from a concealer. It has a semi-matte finish which can look quite natural.

Unfortunately, this product would almost requires a good primer and/or setting spray. For my combo/oily skin, I begin to develop shiny spots after about 4 hours. It's nothing that a bit of powder can't fix, but it can prove inconvenient.

I did not notice any increase in blemishes while using this product. L'Oreal does claim that it is non-comedogenic, but of course that may not prove true for everyone's skin. In all, it's worth a try, particularly if it's on sale.

Great inexpensive foundation
Reviewed on August 19, 2013

Very lightweight and blendable. You can choose the coverage level you want that day. It covered my acne and hyperpigmentation, and did not cause any oiliness (my skin is quite oily), and also did not aggravate my dry spots. Looks really great and goes on very easily. I cannot comment on the effects on my acne- I'm currently in the beginning stages of clearing it.