L'Oreal L'Oreal True Match Foundation reviews

3.1/5 - 29 reviews

Brand: L'Oreal

Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Cyclohexasiloxane, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Butylene Glycol, Isoeicosane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, C9 15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Diazolidinyl
Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), Panthenol, May Contain (+/-):, Iron Oxides, Mica.

L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, SPF 17, Sun Beige W6, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, SPF 17, Nude Beige, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, SPF 17, Classic Ivory, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Foundation, Light Ivory W2, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal True Match Foundation, Creme Cafe W8, 1 fl oz
L'Oreal Paris True Match Super-Blendable Makeup, Cappuccino, 1-Fluid Ounce
updated: 04/23/2014 07:45 UTC

Goes on smooth, but very greasy
Reviewed on January 26, 2014

My skin used to be more oily before I switched my cleanser, so when I tried this foundation, it had a tendency to turn my face into an oily mess and I haven't used it for a few months. Even now that my skin isn't so oily, it has trouble staying on. I haven't tried using a powder on top, but I plan on doing so. Despite these problems, I think it's a pretty good foundation. It matches my skin tone so well. I know some others have said it has a yellowish tint to it, but for me it's not an issue. I bought mine a while ago so I'm not sure if they changed the formula since then. I also haven't seen any difference with my acne, but I haven't really used it for more than a few days in a row.

**Edit: I've tried it while using a powder to set it, and this is the only way it stays on for the whole day. Otherwise, if I'm not thinking and rest my face on my sleeve or pull a sweater over my head, it ends up on my clothes. Works amazing now that I've found the right powder to put on top. It doesn't make me break out either as long as I remember to clean it off.

Great foundation!
Reviewed on March 6, 2014

I wear this at least 3 days a week and saw no difference in my acne. I still love this foundation even though i've got oily skin. Maybe you can try using a setting spray or primer before like i do. Oh and it MUST be used with a powder! Translucent, like e.l.f.'s HD Powder, or the True Match Powder but a shade lighter that the foundation.

Don't judge a book by its cover..
Reviewed on February 17, 2014

I heard this foundation was great, by loads of people, so I bought it thinking it would be buildable coverage and long lasting, which it definitely wasn't. But after talking to a friend how had recently got rid of acne, and is working in the makeup section of a department store, she said; instead of using a thick foundation and clogging up my skin, she said use a normal/thin foundation and use a mineral powder to focus on my acne over the top. So I went into a drugstore and found out that the true match foundation had a powder with minerals in, so I bought that. And so far it has worked really well, so if anyone is finding this foundation too thin and useless BUY THE TRUE MATCH POWDER TO GO WITH IT.

Better for Dry Skin
Reviewed on September 26, 2013

The L'Oreal True Match make up definitely has the widest color range of any drugstore foundation line. It offers buildable coverage - from sheer to medium. However, this is not capable of covering severe hyperpigmentation without help from a concealer. It has a semi-matte finish which can look quite natural.

Unfortunately, this product would almost requires a good primer and/or setting spray. For my combo/oily skin, I begin to develop shiny spots after about 4 hours. It's nothing that a bit of powder can't fix, but it can prove inconvenient.

I did not notice any increase in blemishes while using this product. L'Oreal does claim that it is non-comedogenic, but of course that may not prove true for everyone's skin. In all, it's worth a try, particularly if it's on sale.

Great inexpensive foundation
Reviewed on August 19, 2013

Very lightweight and blendable. You can choose the coverage level you want that day. It covered my acne and hyperpigmentation, and did not cause any oiliness (my skin is quite oily), and also did not aggravate my dry spots. Looks really great and goes on very easily. I cannot comment on the effects on my acne- I'm currently in the beginning stages of clearing it.

Reviewed on April 6, 2013

I'm almost 100% sure this made my acne worst! I used it for 3 months straight and noticed my acne got worst each month. Didn't know what it was until I realised that this foundation was the only thing that was different in my routine. I stopped using it yesterday and noticed a slight improvement in my skin. Please don't risk it with this one!

Reviewed on January 2, 2013

I have been using BP nightly to keep my hormone-related acne at bay. While I get a pimple on my chin every once in a while, my regimen has been successful at controlling the pimples. I tried this product given it's claim that it doesn't clog pores. 2 weeks later, I had a massive break out in places I normally don't get pimples, like my cheeks forehead. I am fairly certain this product caused it, as I am religious with my regimen and that was the only change I made. So be careful!