Licorice Root reviews

5/5 - 1 review

Reviewed on March 16, 2011

It really works! After researching for an effective fade spot remover I began to notice that the main active ingredient in most of them was licorice extract. I'm a student and don't have a lot of money to spend on trying different products and so I always try to find the most affordable product. Not being happy with the pricing on most of the lotions out there (too many chemicals or too little product for the price) I thought, "Why don't I just directly put licorice extract on my face and see how it works?"

Well, bottom line is IT DOES WORK! I saw fading and shrinking after two days of using this! Results are not dramatic the first week, but are noticeable. I've been using this for about three weeks now and it seems the longer and more consistent you use it the more dramatic the results. I'm olive skinned and develop very noticeable acne post pigmentation right away. It's very easy for me to tell when a product is/isn't working on my spots.

I use this in combination with Uva Ursi extract, which contains hydroquinone, another skin lightning ingredient in fade spot removing lotions. I use a 1 to 1 ratio. So in an empty essential oil bottle I fill it half with licorice extract and half with uva ursi. I don't apply it with a cotton ball (although you could). I just pour a few drops on my hand or face and smooth and massage all over, especially on the spots. I use it for both my morning and nightime routine and put it on after exfoliating or using a salisylic acid cleaning pad like Oxy, Stridex, or Clearasil (helps extract absorb into skin).

Another plus is that the extracts last quite a bit. I thought I'd blow through the bottles after two weeks but am yet to finish them.

So cut out the middle man and extra chemicals in those lotions that cost too much and don't do enough and TRY IT! It's worth a shot. I'm glad I tried it.