Lemon Juice (as a drink) reviews

4.4/5 - 146 reviews

Scarring and redness fading
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Since drinking lemon juice yhe redness in my scars has faded so much - I assume this is because of the high vitamin C content. I peel a whole lemon and put it in the blender with some water and drink it with breakfast. I recommend using a blender to retain the white bits (that you can't extract with a juicer) that are high in vitamin content.

Don't Rush the process
Reviewed on June 8, 2015

Lemon water works. It eliminates the Unwanted.

I'm Spanish my skin is white but I scar dark. I'm 22 and I've had acne since I was 8. But last summer it got so bad I was embarrassEd to go outside. I was desprite, I did half of a whole lemon in a glass of warm water every morning for almost 3 weeks. My scars were getting lighter and lighter until they disappeared which was amazing to watch and I just stopped breaking out. Until I started getting tiny little bumps all around my my ears my neck my chest and around my eyes, around my eyes got a little swollen which was slightly noticeable. So I stopped. I was consuming way to much for way to long I was playing a dangerous game. Long story short don't over do it. One wedge a day should be enough. Try to eat clean try to stay away fro, the toxic stuff

Whoever said that your diet doesn't affect acne...
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

...is wrong - but it's not a 100% cure. I notice differences on my skin when I drink a lot of water & get a lot of vitamins - from e.g. lemon juice. I also take vitamin D tablets and eat zinc. So I cannot fully say whether just lemon juice works, but a combination of those make a difference for my dry skin. It becomes smoother and less dull.

Adult Acne finally cleared!
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

I have always had issues with my skin since I was a teenager and was prescribed the pill to clear my skin. As soon as I came off the pill I would immediately have a huge outbreak including cystic acne it was so depressing as it lasted into my late 20's becoming even worse when I became pregnant spreading to my chest as well as my face. I couldn't use any foundation or moisturiser on my skin as it would make it worse.

I read up on the lemon water drink and thought anything is worth a try and it has many other benefits. I started the lemon drink and knew that there was a chance my skin would get better before getting worse which it did but within a month of the lemon water I have no spots on my face or my chest and no excess oil. Once my scarring has settled then I can quite safely say that I won't have to worry about my skin anymore!

Best time to have it is first thing in the morning with warm water in a half pint glass and half a lemon squeezed into it. Drink it half an hour before breakfast and if you wish to sweeten it to make it easier to drink then manuka honey is a good sweetener. I also drink through a straw to avoid any risk of the lemon affecting my teeth and its quicker to drink it this way. Would recommend this to anyone.

Amaze 10/10 saved my life
Reviewed on February 12, 2015

I've had cystic acne for as long as I can remember, tried all the medical and beauty treatments on the market. I started drinking lemon water a few weeks ago and my face is 100 percent clear! I haven't got a single pimple on my face since. Seriously recommend to get on it ASAP and see the results in just a few days. Saved my life!!!

Definetly good
Reviewed on December 13, 2014

i always drink lemon juice with tea and its doing great for my acne scars

by Omar11 on 01/25/2015 22:46
What kind of tea and what lemon juice?
by ricky wood1976 on 05/21/2015 00:54
Yeah tell us
IT BURNSSS
Reviewed on September 29, 2014

Seemed kinda too good to be true. I thought maybe it was woorking for the first few days but I really don't think it was helping and it actually I think started to make it a bit worse so I stopped :(

Hm...
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

I have been considering adding lemon juice inside my water for a while now. I hear great things about it. However I wouldn't recommend anyone apply it directly on their face. I tried taking lemon juice and applying it on my face with a cotton swab for about a week. I had to stop because my face was becoming so red and irritated!!

Acnes and oily skin
Reviewed on September 25, 2014

I've tried using lemon, my skin has acnes and is sensitive. So, when it gets dirty, it effect my face directly. I tried using it twice a week. I usually squash the fresh lemon so I get the juice mixed with a little bit of sugar and honey. I applied it to my face and let it be for around 10mins. Then, wash with warm water.

After a month using it, people said that my face is cleaner and brighter. Probably because the oil is slowly removed too and it doesn't make your skin dry.

You need to regularly do this, or else your face will be back to the normal one becos that's what happened to me now.

scars
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I'm so glad that i used this instead of the "burning face mask". i found that almost impossible to make and it didn't even burn! i had taken a paper towel and ripped it to fit the curves of my face, then i poured lemon juice into a container and soaked my paper towels in the lemon juice. after, i drained the extra juice out of my paper towels by lightly squeezing them, and then placing them on my face. i keep them on my voce for about half an hour (or however long i feel like keeping them there). i can feel the places where i have scars and acne slightly burning! i then rinse off my face and rub ice cubes on for about 3-5 minutes. then i rinse my face with cool water and dab-dry. feels amazing and works great!