Lemon Juice (as a drink) reviews

4.4/5 - 150 reviews

Lemon can help!
Reviewed on November 18, 2015

After my garlic treatment accident (I burned my skin) when my skin healed I started to apply lemon on my face.

I must tell you, that it really helps! Helps a lot! It removes blackheads and helps with pimples too. If you dry out your skin you can use a moisturizer after you put lemon on your face. I also started drinking lemon with water, but sometimes i forget to drink it. I can feel that it is more effective if I drink it often. But lemon deserves 5 stars from my side. of course maybe it is not the best solution for everybody, but I tried out lotsf of creams, I also took pills 5 years ago, but my acne came back when I turned to 27. I decided not to take any pills, just give time and try out a lot's of home remedies. Now on my list ACV and lemon are the first one. You can also use it under your make up, as a tonic.

Reviewed on September 29, 2015

can someone tell me what im doing wrong ive been using this for 2 months everyday and overnight i use the lemon in the bottle and it does work because i used that before

but why isnt my marks fading. it got lighter but its not going away.

So far so good!
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

i figured I might as well share my progress with the lemon water experiment! About 3 weeks ago I decided to ditch all my acne creams/ washes etc. and try a natural root to clear my acne. I started with my diet eliminating all unnecessary processed foods and drinking tons of water! I also started using honey to wash my face which helps tons! Anyways during this time I decided to start drinking lemon water just in the morning, I used the kind of lemon you find in those bottles at the store, so not freshly squeezed lemons. I also didn't drink it warm... either way it helped significantly! My dark spots were fading like crazy and my whole complexion brightened. Then a week later I went on vacation and didn't drink it... My skin broke out all over my cheeks which sucked! Im back on the lemon water now at the morning and night! With fresh lemons and warm water! Its only been a few days and the spots that could have potentially been cysts are all flat! Ill post again after a week or so!! TRY IT!!

by GDScorinne on 09/05/2015 14:52
Update: Its been about 12 days and I've been clear the whole time! I got an occasional super small whitehead but no huge cysts like I used to! After about 1 week of drinking half a lemon in the morning and half in the evening I noticed I started getting all these little bumps under my eyes.. I cut down, only having half of the lemon for the whole day and the bumps went away. I was probably consuming too much.. Anyways This is awesome! I was so happy to be able to start my junior year with completely clear skin for the whole week!! Ill update again soon!
by applebee121 on 09/22/2015 02:03
how long did it take for the little bumps to go away?
Concerned and really trying not to be
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

So this past Sunday I decided to switch up my morning routine and find a better alternative for coffee. I recently was experiencing some constipation and bloating so I wanted a warm drink in the morning that can help sooth my body instead of adding more weight to it. On Monday morning felt great! I had a very healthy breakfast, decided to cut more carbs out of my diet and found that the lemon & water gave me less of an appetite. I liked that because it allowed me time to make better food choices and time to prepare meals of my own.

However, on Tuesday, I then noticed something different. After a short nap during the day I woke up to a ton of tiny bumps (some looked like little whiteheads) all over my face!!! I went into panic mode! I take REALLY good care of my skin. I never experienced breakouts, rarely experience pimples and never had acne - so to notice this was quite scary!!

I assumed that maybe I had an allergic reaction but I knew that couldn't be the case. I had no makeup on, just my moisturizer that I applied earlier in the morning and never experienced "allergies" so suddenly in my room. Needless to say, after some thought I concluded that maybe my health changes and lemon/water detox had something to do with it but I'd rather be certain. Some blogs say that you shouldn't breakout and some say you might.

So before I start making dermatologist appointments, I'd like to get a better understand on if my reaction is common and nothing to be too concerned over.

by applebee121 on 09/23/2015 02:23
I have the same type of experience! I just woke up one day with A LOT of white bumps under my eyes and face, now my neck has them too! I was drink one whole lemon juice in the morning and another whole lemon at night. Now I stopped drinking them, but they are not going away! Did you get rid of the bumps? If so, how? Thank you!
Scarring and redness fading
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Since drinking lemon juice yhe redness in my scars has faded so much - I assume this is because of the high vitamin C content. I peel a whole lemon and put it in the blender with some water and drink it with breakfast. I recommend using a blender to retain the white bits (that you can't extract with a juicer) that are high in vitamin content.

Don't Rush the process
Reviewed on June 8, 2015

Lemon water works. It eliminates the Unwanted.

I'm Spanish my skin is white but I scar dark. I'm 22 and I've had acne since I was 8. But last summer it got so bad I was embarrassEd to go outside. I was desprite, I did half of a whole lemon in a glass of warm water every morning for almost 3 weeks. My scars were getting lighter and lighter until they disappeared which was amazing to watch and I just stopped breaking out. Until I started getting tiny little bumps all around my my ears my neck my chest and around my eyes, around my eyes got a little swollen which was slightly noticeable. So I stopped. I was consuming way to much for way to long I was playing a dangerous game. Long story short don't over do it. One wedge a day should be enough. Try to eat clean try to stay away fro, the toxic stuff

by applebee121 on 09/23/2015 02:25
how did you get rid of those bumps? or did you just stop and they faded? if so, how long does it take?
Whoever said that your diet doesn't affect acne...
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

...is wrong - but it's not a 100% cure. I notice differences on my skin when I drink a lot of water & get a lot of vitamins - from e.g. lemon juice. I also take vitamin D tablets and eat zinc. So I cannot fully say whether just lemon juice works, but a combination of those make a difference for my dry skin. It becomes smoother and less dull.

Adult Acne finally cleared!
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

I have always had issues with my skin since I was a teenager and was prescribed the pill to clear my skin. As soon as I came off the pill I would immediately have a huge outbreak including cystic acne it was so depressing as it lasted into my late 20's becoming even worse when I became pregnant spreading to my chest as well as my face. I couldn't use any foundation or moisturiser on my skin as it would make it worse.

I read up on the lemon water drink and thought anything is worth a try and it has many other benefits. I started the lemon drink and knew that there was a chance my skin would get better before getting worse which it did but within a month of the lemon water I have no spots on my face or my chest and no excess oil. Once my scarring has settled then I can quite safely say that I won't have to worry about my skin anymore!

Best time to have it is first thing in the morning with warm water in a half pint glass and half a lemon squeezed into it. Drink it half an hour before breakfast and if you wish to sweeten it to make it easier to drink then manuka honey is a good sweetener. I also drink through a straw to avoid any risk of the lemon affecting my teeth and its quicker to drink it this way. Would recommend this to anyone.

Amaze 10/10 saved my life
Reviewed on February 12, 2015

I've had cystic acne for as long as I can remember, tried all the medical and beauty treatments on the market. I started drinking lemon water a few weeks ago and my face is 100 percent clear! I haven't got a single pimple on my face since. Seriously recommend to get on it ASAP and see the results in just a few days. Saved my life!!!

Definetly good
Reviewed on December 13, 2014

i always drink lemon juice with tea and its doing great for my acne scars

by Omar11 on 01/25/2015 22:46
What kind of tea and what lemon juice?
by ricky wood1976 on 05/21/2015 00:54