Lemon Juice (as a drink) reviews

4.4/5 - 148 reviews

So far so good!
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

i figured I might as well share my progress with the lemon water experiment! About 3 weeks ago I decided to ditch all my acne creams/ washes etc. and try a natural root to clear my acne. I started with my diet eliminating all unnecessary processed foods and drinking tons of water! I also started using honey to wash my face which helps tons! Anyways during this time I decided to start drinking lemon water just in the morning, I used the kind of lemon you find in those bottles at the store, so not freshly squeezed lemons. I also didn't drink it warm... either way it helped significantly! My dark spots were fading like crazy and my whole complexion brightened. Then a week later I went on vacation and didn't drink it... My skin broke out all over my cheeks which sucked! Im back on the lemon water now at the morning and night! With fresh lemons and warm water! Its only been a few days and the spots that could have potentially been cysts are all flat! Ill post again after a week or so!! TRY IT!!

Concerned and really trying not to be
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

So this past Sunday I decided to switch up my morning routine and find a better alternative for coffee. I recently was experiencing some constipation and bloating so I wanted a warm drink in the morning that can help sooth my body instead of adding more weight to it. On Monday morning felt great! I had a very healthy breakfast, decided to cut more carbs out of my diet and found that the lemon & water gave me less of an appetite. I liked that because it allowed me time to make better food choices and time to prepare meals of my own.

However, on Tuesday, I then noticed something different. After a short nap during the day I woke up to a ton of tiny bumps (some looked like little whiteheads) all over my face!!! I went into panic mode! I take REALLY good care of my skin. I never experienced breakouts, rarely experience pimples and never had acne - so to notice this was quite scary!!

I assumed that maybe I had an allergic reaction but I knew that couldn't be the case. I had no makeup on, just my moisturizer that I applied earlier in the morning and never experienced "allergies" so suddenly in my room. Needless to say, after some thought I concluded that maybe my health changes and lemon/water detox had something to do with it but I'd rather be certain. Some blogs say that you shouldn't breakout and some say you might.

So before I start making dermatologist appointments, I'd like to get a better understand on if my reaction is common and nothing to be too concerned over.

Scarring and redness fading
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Since drinking lemon juice yhe redness in my scars has faded so much - I assume this is because of the high vitamin C content. I peel a whole lemon and put it in the blender with some water and drink it with breakfast. I recommend using a blender to retain the white bits (that you can't extract with a juicer) that are high in vitamin content.

Don't Rush the process
Reviewed on June 8, 2015

Lemon water works. It eliminates the Unwanted.

I'm Spanish my skin is white but I scar dark. I'm 22 and I've had acne since I was 8. But last summer it got so bad I was embarrassEd to go outside. I was desprite, I did half of a whole lemon in a glass of warm water every morning for almost 3 weeks. My scars were getting lighter and lighter until they disappeared which was amazing to watch and I just stopped breaking out. Until I started getting tiny little bumps all around my my ears my neck my chest and around my eyes, around my eyes got a little swollen which was slightly noticeable. So I stopped. I was consuming way to much for way to long I was playing a dangerous game. Long story short don't over do it. One wedge a day should be enough. Try to eat clean try to stay away fro, the toxic stuff

Whoever said that your diet doesn't affect acne...
Reviewed on May 17, 2015

...is wrong - but it's not a 100% cure. I notice differences on my skin when I drink a lot of water & get a lot of vitamins - from e.g. lemon juice. I also take vitamin D tablets and eat zinc. So I cannot fully say whether just lemon juice works, but a combination of those make a difference for my dry skin. It becomes smoother and less dull.

Adult Acne finally cleared!
Reviewed on April 15, 2015

I have always had issues with my skin since I was a teenager and was prescribed the pill to clear my skin. As soon as I came off the pill I would immediately have a huge outbreak including cystic acne it was so depressing as it lasted into my late 20's becoming even worse when I became pregnant spreading to my chest as well as my face. I couldn't use any foundation or moisturiser on my skin as it would make it worse.

I read up on the lemon water drink and thought anything is worth a try and it has many other benefits. I started the lemon drink and knew that there was a chance my skin would get better before getting worse which it did but within a month of the lemon water I have no spots on my face or my chest and no excess oil. Once my scarring has settled then I can quite safely say that I won't have to worry about my skin anymore!

Best time to have it is first thing in the morning with warm water in a half pint glass and half a lemon squeezed into it. Drink it half an hour before breakfast and if you wish to sweeten it to make it easier to drink then manuka honey is a good sweetener. I also drink through a straw to avoid any risk of the lemon affecting my teeth and its quicker to drink it this way. Would recommend this to anyone.

Amaze 10/10 saved my life
Reviewed on February 12, 2015

I've had cystic acne for as long as I can remember, tried all the medical and beauty treatments on the market. I started drinking lemon water a few weeks ago and my face is 100 percent clear! I haven't got a single pimple on my face since. Seriously recommend to get on it ASAP and see the results in just a few days. Saved my life!!!

Definetly good
Reviewed on December 13, 2014

i always drink lemon juice with tea and its doing great for my acne scars

by Omar11 on 01/25/2015 22:46
What kind of tea and what lemon juice?
by ricky wood1976 on 05/21/2015 00:54
Yeah tell us
IT BURNSSS
Reviewed on September 29, 2014

Seemed kinda too good to be true. I thought maybe it was woorking for the first few days but I really don't think it was helping and it actually I think started to make it a bit worse so I stopped :(

Hm...
Reviewed on September 26, 2014

I have been considering adding lemon juice inside my water for a while now. I hear great things about it. However I wouldn't recommend anyone apply it directly on their face. I tried taking lemon juice and applying it on my face with a cotton swab for about a week. I had to stop because my face was becoming so red and irritated!!