Lemon Juice (as a drink) reviews

4.4/5 - 155 reviews

Lemon Juice as an Astringent
Reviewed on June 10, 2017

I've had acne for over 22 years and after my giving birth 3 1/2 years ago the prescription med stopped working. I'm trying other alternatives. So today after spending the morning at the park sweating I decided to cleanse my face. For the heck of it, I rubbed a slice of lemon on my face after my cleanser. (I had bought a huge bag of lemons as part of a natural weight loss drink) So it immediately started burning. I didn't leave it on long, not even 5 minutes. But Whoa after I took it off I could immediately tell a difference. Some of my whiteheads came to the surface immediately. I could see white dots. As I begin to extract my face all of the whiteheads (including those that are resistant to the Proactiv mask) all came up to the surface. I followed up the extraction with the rest of the Proactiv + routine, Steps 2 and 3. I haven't tried lemon water yet, but based on the posts I see here. I may start.

Limited effect
Reviewed on June 9, 2017

When I first started drinking lemon water it seemed to clear up my skin completely. But I've now been drinking half a lemon in warm water for the past few years and I've had regular breakouts regardless. I think the intitial improvements were due to other factors and/or the placebo effect. I still drink it because I think it does have a slight effect but nothing miraculous.

Love love love!
Reviewed on April 7, 2017

Recently I started squeezing the juice of one lemon into my bottle of water everyday. I didn't do this for my acne, and I was surprised when it started clearing up. Size of my zits were smaller, redness was less intense, and my skin felt super smooth! I had no idea this could help acne heal, so I'm not stopping! Lemon water also tastes really good and it's really thirst quenching. Definitely try.

by Lovemydaughter on 04/17/2017 15:59
That's amazing glad your seeing results. How long did it take for you to see the Results?
Unintended acne treatment - amazing!
Reviewed on February 9, 2017

I received a 'zingo' bottle in my Christmas stocking - you put half a lemon in the bottom and fill up with water. It makes tasty infused water! I normally drink a lot during the day anyway, so using this bottle, I end up drinking around 3/4 bottles of lemon infused water a day. I wouldn't replace the lemon during the day so it became more and more diluted, which I guess is better for teeth etc. I've suffered from acne for as long as I can remember - tried all creams, medications etc! Recently, I've been surprised to notice that my skin has completely cleared. Blackheads gone, scarring reduced, smoother complexion and no new spots for the past 2 weeks!!?? I'm not totally sure it's completely down to the lemon but seems too much of a coincidence not to be - lemons are full of vitamin C and antioxidants. The only thing I have changed is adding lemon to my daily water! It's transformed my skin - would recommend trying to anyone struggling.

Amazing!
Reviewed on April 21, 2016

I had hormonal acne and a little bit black marks over my face bcoz of acne so I started using drinking lemon water twice. a day once in the morning and once in the evening .And guys I have been using these since 2 weeks and results are just awesome.the redness is going down and black spot are less . I m going to continue it and post my review one month later. I will also recommend it to everyone.Hope it clears up my face fully. Anyways God bless u guys.and Good Luck!

by mazrin90 on 11/27/2016 17:55
So, any changes since then?
Lemon can help!
Reviewed on November 18, 2015

After my garlic treatment accident (I burned my skin) when my skin healed I started to apply lemon on my face.

I must tell you, that it really helps! Helps a lot! It removes blackheads and helps with pimples too. If you dry out your skin you can use a moisturizer after you put lemon on your face. I also started drinking lemon with water, but sometimes i forget to drink it. I can feel that it is more effective if I drink it often. But lemon deserves 5 stars from my side. of course maybe it is not the best solution for everybody, but I tried out lotsf of creams, I also took pills 5 years ago, but my acne came back when I turned to 27. I decided not to take any pills, just give time and try out a lot's of home remedies. Now on my list ACV and lemon are the first one. You can also use it under your make up, as a tonic.

help
Reviewed on September 29, 2015

can someone tell me what im doing wrong ive been using this for 2 months everyday and overnight i use the lemon in the bottle and it does work because i used that before

but why isnt my marks fading. it got lighter but its not going away.

So far so good!
Reviewed on August 28, 2015

i figured I might as well share my progress with the lemon water experiment! About 3 weeks ago I decided to ditch all my acne creams/ washes etc. and try a natural root to clear my acne. I started with my diet eliminating all unnecessary processed foods and drinking tons of water! I also started using honey to wash my face which helps tons! Anyways during this time I decided to start drinking lemon water just in the morning, I used the kind of lemon you find in those bottles at the store, so not freshly squeezed lemons. I also didn't drink it warm... either way it helped significantly! My dark spots were fading like crazy and my whole complexion brightened. Then a week later I went on vacation and didn't drink it... My skin broke out all over my cheeks which sucked! Im back on the lemon water now at the morning and night! With fresh lemons and warm water! Its only been a few days and the spots that could have potentially been cysts are all flat! Ill post again after a week or so!! TRY IT!!

by CA_2112 on 09/05/2015 14:52
Update: Its been about 12 days and I've been clear the whole time! I got an occasional super small whitehead but no huge cysts like I used to! After about 1 week of drinking half a lemon in the morning and half in the evening I noticed I started getting all these little bumps under my eyes.. I cut down, only having half of the lemon for the whole day and the bumps went away. I was probably consuming too much.. Anyways This is awesome! I was so happy to be able to start my junior year with completely clear skin for the whole week!! Ill update again soon!
by applebee121 on 09/22/2015 02:03
how long did it take for the little bumps to go away?
Concerned and really trying not to be
Reviewed on July 30, 2015

So this past Sunday I decided to switch up my morning routine and find a better alternative for coffee. I recently was experiencing some constipation and bloating so I wanted a warm drink in the morning that can help sooth my body instead of adding more weight to it. On Monday morning felt great! I had a very healthy breakfast, decided to cut more carbs out of my diet and found that the lemon & water gave me less of an appetite. I liked that because it allowed me time to make better food choices and time to prepare meals of my own.

However, on Tuesday, I then noticed something different. After a short nap during the day I woke up to a ton of tiny bumps (some looked like little whiteheads) all over my face!!! I went into panic mode! I take REALLY good care of my skin. I never experienced breakouts, rarely experience pimples and never had acne - so to notice this was quite scary!!

I assumed that maybe I had an allergic reaction but I knew that couldn't be the case. I had no makeup on, just my moisturizer that I applied earlier in the morning and never experienced "allergies" so suddenly in my room. Needless to say, after some thought I concluded that maybe my health changes and lemon/water detox had something to do with it but I'd rather be certain. Some blogs say that you shouldn't breakout and some say you might.

So before I start making dermatologist appointments, I'd like to get a better understand on if my reaction is common and nothing to be too concerned over.

by applebee121 on 09/23/2015 02:23
I have the same type of experience! I just woke up one day with A LOT of white bumps under my eyes and face, now my neck has them too! I was drink one whole lemon juice in the morning and another whole lemon at night. Now I stopped drinking them, but they are not going away! Did you get rid of the bumps? If so, how? Thank you!
Scarring and redness fading
Reviewed on July 1, 2015

Since drinking lemon juice yhe redness in my scars has faded so much - I assume this is because of the high vitamin C content. I peel a whole lemon and put it in the blender with some water and drink it with breakfast. I recommend using a blender to retain the white bits (that you can't extract with a juicer) that are high in vitamin content.