Lemon Juice (as a drink) reviews

4.4/5 - 137 reviews

scars
Reviewed on July 7, 2014

I'm so glad that i used this instead of the "burning face mask". i found that almost impossible to make and it didn't even burn! i had taken a paper towel and ripped it to fit the curves of my face, then i poured lemon juice into a container and soaked my paper towels in the lemon juice. after, i drained the extra juice out of my paper towels by lightly squeezing them, and then placing them on my face. i keep them on my voce for about half an hour (or however long i feel like keeping them there). i can feel the places where i have scars and acne slightly burning! i then rinse off my face and rub ice cubes on for about 3-5 minutes. then i rinse my face with cool water and dab-dry. feels amazing and works great!

question
Reviewed on June 3, 2014

can you use bottled lemon juice mixed with water or do you have to use fresh lemons?

by Rohy on 06/05/2014 14:34
I would assume fresh natural lemons should work :D
by fjoutdoor on 07/07/2014 17:28
but lemon juice does work. i just use it straight up, no water added (:
Amazing results!
Reviewed on May 25, 2014

This is a great idea and it works. I have battled with my skin since I was a teenager. Had dermabrasion in 1989. Had the laser in 2001. My skin still didn't look great. I exercise and have a really good diet but still my skin locked bad. I have tried all the skin lines, you name it. Proactive, Phytomer, Sothys, Yonka, Vichy etc. Still my skin didn't look great. I had these bumps everywhere and my Dr. just said it was hormonal. I started this one week ago, in the morning and evening. I can't believe the difference so far. The bumps are way down and my skin is so much brighter and looks healthy. I am sticking with this plan for sure!

powerful astringent properties
Reviewed on May 21, 2014

I love the look and feel of my skin after drinking lemon water! I've also experience great results in fading scars when using Lemon juice topically. [link removed]

Lemon AMAZE!
Reviewed on May 1, 2014

I have had acne since 6th grade and its getting worse when I stressed out. As an architecture student, I am not a normal person. I have sleeping disorder, stayed awake for like 3-5days. That makes my acne worsen than ever.

I'm sick of my acne and I found this godsend article and didn't hesitate to try. I've been consuming lemon juice for almost a week now. It cleanse my body flush away all those unwanted things and VOILA! But I need to work out some more on scarssss. ONE THING IS I'M HAPPY THAT THE ACNE IS GONEEEE

p/s: sorry for my bad grammar & hope this helps! ;)

Love me some lemon water
Reviewed on April 30, 2014

Lemon water is awesome as a hot morning drink. Clear skin is a slam dunk.

No more prescription meds! This works!
Reviewed on April 19, 2014

This blog has been a godsend! I'm African American and HAD horrible cystic acne that ALWAYS had pus in it. I read this blog and began squeezing half a lemon in about a 1/2 cup of hot water first thing each morning. I'd wait 15-30 minutes and then eat breakfast. Within 2 weeks my skin was clear. Rubbing the remaining half lemon on my face each morning has even cleared up dark spots. Ten months of following this regimen and the only time I get breakouts now is when my period is on. Prior to this I was using 2 expensive prescription creams and for $3.00 a week nature had the remedy all along!

Really works if you don't have digestive problems
Reviewed on March 5, 2014

Makes such a difference to my skin and in combination with zinc tablets, I can stay clear... However I have digestive problems because of antibiotics and accutane so constant use causes my stomach to get sore :(

I am going to try it again but build up slowly the amount I intake.

by wildhorse88 on 05/23/2014 13:29
next week my dermatologist is supposed to put me on accutane, officially. i went through the whole process with the gynecologist, picking out my two forms of birth control. i went to the hospital and got my blood work, proving i'm not pregnant. i'm supposed to get the same blood work again, next week. after stumbling on this page, i'm having second thoughts. what if i can clear my face up with something as simple as a damn lemon? lol... and apparently accutane causes digestive problems?? rrrrg.
it works
Reviewed on February 13, 2014

this i the first thing that worked on my severe acne. ive been trying a highly cost product ever since i had an acne but only lemon water worked :) squeeze half of lemon in glass and add warm water. drink it every morning before eating your breakfast plus it can help you to lose your weight :) i love lemon water :)

by KiM26 on 03/01/2014 13:42
Do you add sugar to da drink?
by KiM26 on 03/01/2014 13:43
And only in da morning no at night? And how long did it take you to get rid of your acne or scars?
IT SHOULD BE THE FIRST THING YOU DO IN THE MORNING
Reviewed on February 12, 2014

In Japan, the women get up, and drink a HUGE glass of hot water and 1/2 a lemon. You've been asleep 8 hours. Would you go eight hours in the daytime without drinking water? Probably not on purpose. Hydrate as soon as you get up, flush your kidneys and wake your system up with this hot water and lemon HABIT-and I mean seven days a week-and you will have lovely clear skin