Lemon Juice (applied topically)

Overall rating: 4.4 / 5
(based on 804 reviews)

Recommended by 91% of visitors

Average price: $1.51

Most helpful review

By Anonymous, East Bay Cali on 01/25/2013
thumbnail

This stuff is pretty damn good. I mostly use it on recently popped pimples and red marks that are left. It made my stubborn red marks go away when I used it twice daily. I tried putting it all over my back for my bacne, and at first it did itch, but after a half hour it was fine. The next day my pimples were going away and the red marks fading. Haven't used it since because my skin is too dry for anything!.

Pros:
  • Makes skin radiant
  • Clears red/dark marks fast
  • Great for making stubborn pimples go away
  • Smells amazing
Cons:
  • Stings/itches at first when you put it on
  • Sticky
  • Makes skin lighter (not good if you're really white like me)

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful

Member reviews

By on

I boil a pot of water to open my pores. Sometimes I put tea tree oil for the extra benefits. I apply lemon juice on my face. Let the steam open my pores, allowing the lemon juice to soak in, then I apply lemon juice again on the open pores and steam for a little while longer.

I do that a couple times a week. Otherwise, I apply lemon juice a few times throughout the day.

My acne has majorly reduced. My face looks less congested. The tiny pimples that werent going away because they were caused by clogged pores are disappearing. My scars are healing faster, but no fast enough. This works for me.

Pros

• Cleans pores
  • Reduces acne
  • Lightens scars

Cons

• Doesn't clear scars overnight
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Best scar removal I've used by far, and its all natural and cheap!

Pros

• lightens scarring fast
  • smells good
  • cheap and available!

Cons

• itches for a few minutes while it dries
  • can make your skin more sensitive to the light, so you have to wear a sunblock in the morning
  • moderately severe
  • for a few months
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Pros

• Makes skin radiant
  • Clears red/dark marks fast
  • Great for making stubborn pimples go away
  • Smells amazing

Cons

• Stings/itches at first when you put it on
  • Sticky
  • Makes skin lighter (not good if you're really white like me)
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

Stings

Pros

• Smells like lemon

Cons

• I have to cut the lemons
  • very light
  • for a day or two
  • $ 3.40282e+38
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

So this is my story. Clear skin all my life-turned 16- broke out daily-ran to my doctor like anyone would- doctor prescribed some BS acne medication (cetaphil/tactuo)- I used it-broke out even more- red/flaky/stinging/ skin- give up- have worse acne then ever before- realized acne products are not worth my time or money.

So when I thought all was hopeless, I stumbled across google which led me to my acne cure. LEMONS or LEMON JUICE.

Remember, if you stick to natural products its better for your skin in the long run even though it takes longer to see results. The less you touch and irritate your face with things, the better it is.

Daily Regimen-

Morning-

Wash face with water

Moisturize with Aveeno

Night-

Wash Face with Aveeno moisturizing soap

Apply lemon juice to whole face (daily) leave it over night

*simple and cheap* WORKS LIKE A CHARM

Pros

• Starts Working Right Away
  • Unlike Acne Medications It Doesn't Make You Break Out Before It Clears It Up
  • Clears Acne
  • Fades Scars
  • Fades Freckles And Discoloration
  • Soft Skin
  • Gives Your Skin A Glow
  • Prevents New Breakouts

Cons

• Stinging/ Itching Sensation Once Applied (Only Lasts About A Minute Though)
  • Lightens Your Skin
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 2
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Awesome. Just really darn awesome. I have tried EVERYTHING since I started getting acne when I was 11. 13 year later and I still couldn't get ride of it. I tried prescription drugs, topical creams and gels, every face wash and treatment you can buy and NOTHING worked. Ive wasted so much money on expensive junk that make my skin worse over the years. I tried some lemon juice out of my fridge and damned if it didn't work! I noticed a difference in a couple hours.

Pros

• Smaller pores, less acne, softer skin, balanced oil and dryness

Cons

• stings on application
  • moderately severe
  • for about a year
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Nothing worked for me, until I used this and honey. The lemon stung and dried out my sking, but it cleaned out some of my pores and breakouts became less frequent when I used it. I would recommend trying it, but the lemon juice doesn't totally get rid of acne.

Pros

• Stops new breakouts
  • Cleans out the pus

Cons

• Doesn't totally get rid o' acne
  • Stings
  • Dries out skin
  • moderately severe
  • for about a week
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

It's good for the nature people, but to be honest, it doesn't work, I used this before I started the regimen, it did reduce redness and slightly help with my acne, but it defiantly didn't get rid of it

Pros

• Reduces Redness
  • Somewhat helps reduce acne

Cons

• Much better stuff to try
  • Will not cure acne
  • Can sting when a lot is applied
  • Must use fresh lemon juice
  • moderate
  • for about a month
  • $ 6
  • I do not recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

I had been using plain extra virgin olive oil on my skin for about a month with good results and after reading some great reviews of lemon juice decided to add a squeeze or two to my olive oil. The lemon juice stings your face when you first apply it, especially where you have open pimples; however, after about 2 weeks of using olive oil and lemon juice, my skin is looking pretty good! It isn't a miracle worker - you're not going to wake up in the morning after one night of using it and see major differences, but after about a week you should notice redness and old acne scars fading. I have noticed that the addition of lemon juice has made open pimples more likely to scab over and this can be gross to look at for a day or two (and very tempting to pick at!) but often it can help the healing process, so all in all it's probably actually a good thing. Lemon juice is cheap and I've found it to be effective, so I would really recommend it!

Pros

• Fades scars slowly
  • Seems to help new pimples that are forming stop and start to go down and even go away (if they're small)
  • Reduces redness

Cons

• Stings a little when you first apply it
  • Makes open pimples scab
  • moderate
  • for a few weeks
  • $ 0.8
  • I recommend using this product/treatment.

By on

Did this for few month till i realised steaming face daily was better and less pain and Epsom salt bath is even better.

Pros

• .
  • Did lighten it but didn't feel healthy on skin. Its acid lol

Cons

• Burned like madddddd and didn't really stop spots altogether and takes a month or so to work. Does stop few spots though.
  • moderate
  • for a few months
  • $ 30